2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Chris Humphrey was going to Liverpool on page 8 and 9 of this thread as well, reckon he could be the new Freddie Dindeleux

Aye but it would have happened in January if McCall hadn't left him out the team to stop it... that had nothing to do with him being gantin for many games... nothing at all.

No mention of our most sellable asset in all this talk? Randolph, for me, is the player that would command the biggest fee and would have more clubs sniffing around. If John Ruddy can develop into a Premiership goalkeeper in a season away from us, no reason Randolph can't. In my opinion, Randolph is a better keeper than Ruddy was when he was here.

No mention of our most sellable asset in all this talk? Randolph, for me, is the player that would command the biggest fee and would have more clubs sniffing around. If John Ruddy can develop into a Premiership goalkeeper in a season away from us, no reason Randolph can't. In my opinion, Randolph is a better keeper than Ruddy was when he was here.

Sorry MB each to there own and that but to me Ruddy was a far superior keeper. Had a presence about him and you could tell was destined for better things. More vocal and physically stronger. Has all the attributes for a top of the table keeper.

I'm a fan of Randolphs but I don't think he is commanding enough and is pretty quiet. I can understand your opinion but I rate Ruddy as potentially the best keeper I have seen at FP in a Well jersey.

• Like 2

Sorry Melvin, I actually forgot Darren, yes worth some money, but wont command much, i would of thought!

So Humphrey could do a turn at the Championship level (as a starting point) but Jennings would need to settle for League One?

Delusional. Truly delusional.

Not really Finlay, they play in two totally different positions, yes Jennings is the better footballer, however in the Championship you need more than just a good engine in the centre of the park, i dont feel Jennings has more than a footballing mind, and a good engine, passing is poor, no goal return, and no pace, but a bloody good player at this level in this league.

Championship is played at a much quicker pace, and the Qlty of Strikers is much higher, so im sure that Humphrey would do a pretty good job there, with the extra pace required.

But that being said, League 1 would not be the end of the world. So i cant really compare them as players, as they are completly different.

Sorry MB each to there own and that but to me Ruddy was a far superior keeper. Had a presence about him and you could tell was destined for better things. More vocal and physically stronger. Has all the attributes for a top of the table keeper.

I'm a fan of Randolphs but I don't think he is commanding enough and is pretty quiet. I can understand your opinion but I rate Ruddy as potentially the best keeper I have seen at FP in a Well jersey.

Not saying Ruday was a bad keeper but I can remember a few howlers when he was here. He has developed well since then.

Ruddy was good at the spectacular. The triple save at Tannadice springs to mind. But then I remember (also at Tannadice) him losing the ball to the oppostion striker. Kind of, the sublime to the ridiculous..

Randolph doesn't pull off as many spectacular saves but he is consistent and doesn't concede many howlers.

Basically with Randolph, you get 7 or 8 out of 10 most weeks, rarely has a stinker. With Ruddy most weeks, you got a 8 or a 9 out of 10 but he could occasionally throw in a 5.

Not much in it, but Randolph shades it for me simply because I ike my keepers to be pretty consistent..

Unless I'm mistaken they still play football in the Championship. No matter how fast Humphrey is, Jennings who is a better footballer will always be a more attractive option. Once/if everything is cleared up.

Jennings a poor passer of the ball? I just don't see it. Slow? He isn't Humphrey/Daley but you can't say he is John Sutton either.

One if the best footballers in our team. If circumstances had been resolved by this time last year he would have been playing in the Championship right now.

• Like 2

Unless I'm mistaken they still play football in the Championship. No matter how fast Humphrey is, Jennings who is a better footballer will always be a more attractive option. Once/if everything is cleared up.

Jennings a poor passer of the ball? I just don't see it. Slow? He isn't Humphrey/Daley but you can't say he is John Sutton either.

One if the best footballers in our team. If circumstances had been resolved by this time last year he would have been playing in the Championship right now.

Finlay, im really not sure he is the better option/ agree he is one of the best footballers in the team, but im not sure many clubs down South will bid for him, not only because of his ongoing issues, but his overall ability, at what would be a much higher level of Football. SPL he looks world class, not sure he would in a better level of football.

Im sure if he had shown what you percieve as potential Celtic would of snapped him up.

100% agree with this.

John Ruddy was class

Humphrey, Jennings, Ruddy if only Gannon wasn't such an arse he could have been a legend of a manager as he did have an eye for a player most of the time I say that before Moutiakill gets a mention haha also not forgetting the Juke. McCall has done well too Nicky Law has been a great signing must be close to player of the year

Humphrey, Jennings, Ruddy if only Gannon wasn't such an arse he could have been a legend of a manager as he did have an eye for a player most of the time I say that before Moutiakill gets a mention haha also not forgetting the Juke. McCall has done well too Nicky Law has been a great signing must be close to player of the year

Fuxake don't start that again :rolleyes:

FWIW you're right :evilgrin:

And Aye McCall has done great :thumbup:

Ruddy can't be too far away from an England call-up.

Randolph is a great steady keeper, by far our greatest asset, but he doesn't have the same potential as Ruddy.

Very true but then you could say the same for Randolph with the extra addage that he is unlucky that probably the most consistent keeper over the last 5-10 years in the Premier League ahead of him.

Being England squad keeper isn't really a big deal and hasn't been for a long time.

big darren would have saved that no probs.

i think it's close between them. ruddy made more errors but also more eye catching saves, darren has been extremely consistent.

Randolph reminds me somewhat of Pat Jennings. Almost always seems to be in the right place, and needs to make fewer spectacular saves.

I also give Randolph the nod ahead of Ruddy because he had the commitment to sign for us rather than come up on loan. Might not make him a better player, but it makes him a top bloke.