2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

And the fact that he's knocked back Aberdeen - who can offer considerably higher wages than we can - twice, does that not give even the merest hint of a clue to some that we simply cannot afford to sign him???

the fact that no one has signed him means he is likely going to have to drop his demands. it's a sad state of affairs when a guy who hasn't kicked a ball in two years doesn't seem interested in getting back playing.

if he signs for one of our rivals after using our facilities all summer then i'd say his legend status is revoked.

if he signs for one of our rivals after using our facilities all summer then i'd say his legend status is revoked.

It's probably because I'm old and been lucky enough to see some great players at Fir Park over the years, but he doesn't fit in the legend category for me. More in the cult hero mould.

• Like 1

the fact that no one has signed him means he is likely going to have to drop his demands. it's a sad state of affairs when a guy who hasn't kicked a ball in two years doesn't seem interested in getting back playing.

If he'd signed for Aberdeen when they initially showed an interest, he'd have dropped his demands, as he'd be earning considerably less than he was down in England with Everton or Birmimgham. But he didn't sign for them, no doubt because he couldn't agree 'personal terms' which would no doubt have included a salary package satisfactory to him. So why any Motherwell fan would seriously think that he would then sign for us when we cannot compete with Aberdeen on wages that we can offer is completely beyond me, the only reason I can think of is that it's based on sheer, unadulterated fantasy.

And 'legend status'??? Is he really a Motherwell 'legend'? Granted he was a great player for us in a dark time for the club, but a legend in the same bracket as Davie Cooper, Phil O'Donnell or Stevie Kirk, who won a Cup for us? Or the Ancell Babes etc??? I'm sorry I don't think so. He played in our first team for less than three years in which time we flirted with relegation, were forced into massive financial cuts before being forced into administration and yes, he was the brightest spark we had in that otherwise bleak time but club legend??...Nah.

I'm not for a minute suggesting that he will sign but for you to suggest its all down to money for him is simply wrong. Hes already knocked back offers from Championship teams offering more money than we could ever dream of paying. More than Aberdeen could offer too.

If he'd signed for Aberdeen when they initially showed an interest, he'd have dropped his demands, as he'd be earning considerably less than he was down in England with Everton or Birmimgham. But he didn't sign for them, no doubt because he couldn't agree 'personal terms' which would no doubt have included a salary package satisfactory to him. So why any Motherwell fan would seriously think that he would then sign for us when we cannot compete with Aberdeen on wages that we can offer is completely beyond me, the only reason I can think of is that it's based on sheer, unadulterated fantasy.

And 'legend status'??? Is he really a Motherwell 'legend'? Granted he was a great player for us in a dark time for the club, but a legend in the same bracket as Davie Cooper, Phil O'Donnell or Stevie Kirk, who won a Cup for us? Or the Ancell Babes etc??? I'm sorry I don't think so. He played in our first team for less than three years in which time we flirted with relegation, were forced into massive financial cuts before being forced into administration and yes, he was the brightest spark we had in that otherwise bleak time but club legend??...Nah.

Are you Kenny Rae aka Lawsteelman ?

I'm not for a minute suggesting that he will sign but for you to suggest its all down to money for him is simply wrong. Hes already knocked back offers from Championship teams offering more money than we could ever dream of paying. More than Aberdeen could offer too.

Like who? Who has he actually knocked back from the Championship?

what is he hoping for then? championship is the best he is likely to get as he has no chance of epl and celtic don't want him.

faddy and craig gordon both need to get themselves teams and start playing football.

I don't imagine he'll sign but I'd certainly award McFadden legend status. Anyone who, as a teenager, has the hopes of a club put upon his shoulders and doesn't wilt under the pressure deserves it.

Because let's be honest. In that first post administration season, everyone was looking to him to get us out of trouble. Which he eventually did by virtue of his transfer fee.

After that season, McFadden or Butcher could wipe their arse with a Motherwell shirt in the centre circle of Fir Park and I still wouldn't boo them...

• Like 4

I don't imagine he'll sign but I'd certainly award McFadden legend status. Anyone who, as a teenager, has the hopes of a club put upon his shoulders and doesn't wilt under the pressure deserves it.

Because let's be honest. In that first post administration season, everyone was looking to him to get us out of trouble. Which he eventually did by virtue of his transfer fee.

Agreed.

I personally hope he gets a half decent move to an English club and can have a go at getting back in the Scotland team. The longer he goes without a team though, the more I fear that he doesn't have faith in his own fitness.

You get all these billy big balls on here telling us how we don't need McFadden and he is not a legend.....fkin blah deblah

F#ckin spoilsports the lot of you.

I watched Mwell in the 1st division when they could not string 2 passes together, so I do not need MJC - he who would top himself if he ever won the lottery - to shout the odds.

Disappointed in Jay too. Speaks a lot of sense....but....the Fadster is god like genius and I for one would like to see him wear the claret and amber again. Did I think it would happen - NO. But at this rate he will be playing for Glasgow girls team unless he makes a decision :nod:

• Like 1

McFadden is a legend. Stop being fucking controversial for the sake of it. Plentiful goals, ran along the fans, madman, great to the kids (I should fucking know, the man was a gent) What more do you want?

Agreed with MelvinBragg.

Well that's your opinion, but I disagree that he can be classed as a 'Motherwell legend' and no one's going to change my opinion on that.

He was a great player and I loved watching him in Claret & Amber, probably the most skilful Motherwell players I've ever seen, but that was the best part of a decade now. He's moved on, so have the club, it's just some Motherwell fans that are still stuck in 2002.

No player is bigger than the club, especially one who has been using our training facilities all summer yet has no intention in signing for the club.

This Faddy chat is getting boring. We tried to sign him he said "NO". We have said nothing about going back in for him. I disagree with Steelboy because aye Faddy is using our facilities and training but having a player of his class will help the youngsters at the club in my opinion.

Until we hear otherwise we will not be signing McFadden anytime soon and all this is an argument over nothing.

• Like 2

It was a pleasure to see Faddy in Claret and Amber all those years ago - some wonderful memories that wont be forgotten.

But if he's no intention of signing for us this time around, he should be told to fuck off and make space at training for someone who wants to play for us. There is also potential, if in the extremely slight chance he signs for Aberdeen, that training methods, tactical information could be passed on. There is an argument that this could be case for any transfer of a player, but it would be a kick in the baws to lose a player, who you have trained all pre-season and a good 2 months into the season, to a rival while gaining nothing in return. A 20minute cameo in a bounce game that meant nothing doesn't count towards anything.

• Like 1

1347704191[/url]' post='360564']

It was a pleasure to see Faddy in Claret and Amber all those years ago - some wonderful memories that wont be forgotten.

But if he's no intention of signing for us this time around, he should be told to fuck off and make space at training for someone who wants to play for us. There is also potential, if in the extremely slight chance he signs for Aberdeen, that training methods, tactical information could be passed on. There is an argument that this could be case for any transfer of a player, but it would be a kick in the baws to lose a player, who you have trained all pre-season and a good 2 months into the season, to a rival while gaining nothing in return. A 20minute cameo in a bounce game that meant nothing doesn't count towards anything.

And the part faddy played in saving our club?

• Like 1