2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Latest Motherwell Rumours

03 May 2012 12:07:40

Bristol Rovers are said to be interested in Stephen Craigan. The central defender plays for Motherwell, and played under Mark McGhee from 2007-2009.

:help:

Craggs.jpg

From today's Times.

Midfield stalwarts Keith Lasley and Steven Jennings, left-back Stevie Hammell, stopper Tim Clancy and reserve keeper Lee Hollis have all been offered new two-year deals.

However, squad player Ross Forbes will be released along with several of the club's young reserve players, including strike prospect Gary Smith.

You only keep young players that are good enough though. If it's been decided that they aren't good enough and never will be, then that's good enough for me.

EDIT: This was in reply to a post by Well-Made which I cannae see now?! On my iPhone though so its probably elsewhere!

• Like 1

You only keep young players that are good enough though. If it's been decided that they aren't good enough and never will be, then that's good enough for me.

EDIT: This was in reply to a post by Well-Made which I cannae see now?! On my iPhone though so its probably elsewhere!

Sorry Jay, I wnet back into edit and went all gobbleygook on me.

So it's been removed.

I know what you are saying though but it was decided that last year that these guys were good enough to have around for another year to develop. Without game time they aren't going to develop too much.

I still Halsman and Lawless should definitely be kept on.

We could lose a lot of experience from the team, especially in the middle of the park, so I'd rather we had soem lads about that weren't just straight out of the U19's to bolster the bench.

There is the U20 League kicking in from next season that will allow a couple of over age players to play in it, so they still have a chance of being kept match fit and developing.

I will be disappointed though if it turns out that we only offered these lads a years extension last year so they could sit on the bench. If we are as strapped for cash that we're cutting back again this year, thne you want to make sure whoever sits on that bench is up to the job of coming onto the park and playing a role.

“The club aren’t giving me a new contract and I can't really complain,” Forbes told STV.

“They have been excellent this season and got to the Champions League, so I can't argue with the decision.

“It might be a good thing for me as well - maybe I need a change. I have no bad feelings about it and it's time for a fresh start.

“We have been lucky that we haven't had many injuries this season. Steve Jennings and Keith Lasley - who both play my position - have been brilliant.

“I've had a great time at Motherwell and I'm leaving with my head held high. I'm looking forward to being involved against Dundee United on Sunday in my last game.”

Seems to have a good attitude,contrary to what some would have you believe. Hopefully he goes and does well for himself.

Good luck Rossco.

• Like 1

I might be wrong, but I think the under 20s coming in with aid us cutting our budget and affect those who have been mentioned. The under 20s mean there will be players able to step up from the youth team who are an extra year older. The likes of Halsman, Smith, Pollock etc being here hasn't really been of much benefit to us this season if they haven't even played a minute. That's ok when a player is 19 or 20. Not 21 or 22.

McHugh I believe does have an extra year.