2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Just out of interest... How far is Faddy from fitness? Maybe the past 6 months has lowered his stock enough to consider a much reduced deal with us. At the very least we'll be getting a player who clearly cares a great deal about the club.

Without doubt he'd do a job for us at the right price.

• Like 1

Just out of interest... How far is Faddy from fitness? Maybe the past 6 months has lowered his stock enough to consider a much reduced deal with us. At the very least we'll be getting a player who clearly cares a great deal about the club.

Just not enough to sign for us during the summer :whistling:

I jokes obviously, I love Faddy, just thought since we have a 2 week break we need something to argue about until the football actually starts again :blush:.

Assuming the job is to take up space on the treatment table.

I said during the last transfer window that with such a small squad we can't afford to tie up a wage on him right now. Unless he is on a pay-per-play we need someone who we can rely on being available every game.

The guy has barely kicked a ball in earnest in the past couple of years and, unfortunately, is just too high risk for our current finances.

I'm amazed,with the predicament were in we arent actively looking to get pca's done for SFL players.

Paul Paton,Rb,Partick

Chris Erskine,Lw,Partick

Kris Doolan,St,Partick

Jamie Bain,Rb,Airdrie

Ryan Donnelly,St,Airdrie

Mark McNulty,St,Livvy

Fouad Bachirou,Cdm,Morton

Jordan McMillan,Cd,Dunfermline

Steven Doris,St,Arbroath

Gavin Reilly,Wg,QOTS

Nicky Clark,St,QOTS

Are just some of the possibilities. All under 25 ,cheap as chips n most would definately enhance our squad

I think you can write off Doris from that list. Currently on trial at Birmingham..

Aye I know but it depends how you pitch it. Same wi Ryan Donnelly & Mark McNulty who have had trials with Wigan & Derby in the summer

. Fact is if they went south they wouldn't get near first team for a year or so and though those clubs could offer more,we could double what they currently earn easy enougg,sign them on a 3 or 4 yr contract and help develop them to earn their move in 1 or 2 years. Everyone wins then

Aye I know but it depends how you pitch it. Same wi Ryan Donnelly & Mark McNulty who have had trials with Wigan & Derby in the summer

. Fact is if they went south they wouldn't get near first team for a year or so and though those clubs could offer more,we could double what they currently earn easy enougg,sign them on a 3 or 4 yr contract and help develop them to earn their move in 1 or 2 years. Everyone wins then

Unless they can't hack it at Spl level then we are stuck with a couple of duds for 3 or 4 years.

Aye...he'd generally only last an hour anyway, so Boab will still get more game time than he does at the moment.

Seriously though, what's the craic with Erskinw and Paton? A couple of Jags supporting friends of mine seem to think the Erskine deal is pretty advanced...

Supposedly Hibs are also sniffing around. If so they probably are in a stronger position to offer better wages a la Clancy..

It looks as if we will be looking for half a team or more come the summer. Still it does not seem to have done ICT any harm this season.

No chance of finishing second without Murphy. Think we can kiss that idea goodbye.

Nonsense.

It will come down to how the next month pans out in terms of transfers in and out of the club. Before we lost Murphy I would have said that finishing 2nd was possible but then so was finishing 6th, you just never know with us and in this league as outwith Celtic the majority of sides are evenly matched so there's a good few sides in with a decent shout of 2nd. Murphy will be a big loss for us and we need to make some kind of attempt to replace him. Paddy McCourt would be a fantastic signing if we could pull it off and he could stay fit but I think this is a long shot so we have to hope that we've got one or two options lined up.

If we are able to bring in at least someone who can fill the void left by Murphy's departure - which will not be atall easy - then we've still got a shout, as good as any, at second but if we fail to do so then I doubt we will.

This month and then more importantly the summer are going to be a big test for McCall and the club because we are almost certainly entering into a period of transition on the park with many key players from the past couple of seasons set to move on so it's time to see what he can do in terms of a rebuilding job.

• Like 3

I'm amazed,with the predicament were in we arent actively looking to get pca's done for SFL players.

Paul Paton,Rb,Partick

Chris Erskine,Lw,Partick

Kris Doolan,St,Partick

Jamie Bain,Rb,Airdrie

Ryan Donnelly,St,Airdrie

Mark McNulty,St,Livvy

Fouad Bachirou,Cdm,Morton

Jordan McMillan,Cd,Dunfermline

Steven Doris,St,Arbroath

Gavin Reilly,Wg,QOTS

Nicky Clark,St,QOTS

Are just some of the possibilities. All under 25 ,cheap as chips n most would definately enhance our squad

All would cost something for a bit of a risk as well. Lawless, for example, was deemed not of a high enough quality for us, but is doing well at Thistle. Guys like Steven Craig and Andy Barrowman as well, who just could not cut it at SPL level look good in the first. As well as that, I'd be amazed if we aren't chasing Erskine/Doolan. From memory, we were rumoured to be having a look at Erskine last summer? If we are doing it, we'll be doing it quietly.

Bachirou signed a two year contract in the summer, as well, I think, dunno about the others.

Too early to say with any certainty how it might pan out between now and the end of the campaign I think.

For one thing you just don't know what shape the competition or ourselves will be in by the end of January by the time squads - and perhaps dugouts - have been looted by English raiders.

And even then, how many times has the pre-season prediction thread been full of stories of impending doom because we've lost such and such or the competition have signed this, that and the other. Every season?

When McCall arrived our squad has been able to absorb the loss of Reynolds and Blackman (who I don't think was a boot in the baws off Murphy's tally thus far this season) and went on to make a Cup Final and a top half place.

This summer again we've managed to adapt to life without Craigan, Clancy and Jennings all in one go and yet still managed to nestle snuggly a couple of goals off a Champions League place by the turn of the year.

It remains a concern as to how many you can lose before things to suffer but I think you have to credit the adaptability and resourcefulness of the squad in being able to keep doing what they've been doing and I'm sure that'll be much the same post-Murph.

Enough to finish second? That I can't say, but you simply can't dimiss it at this stage.

This summer again we've managed to adapt to life without Craigan, Clancy and Jennings all in one go and yet still managed to nestle snuggly a couple of goals off a Champions League place by the turn of the year.

I thought there was only 1 Champions League slot this season.