2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

If we don't lose anyone else then I'll be fairly happy tbh. I think we've got the players to challenge for a 2nd/3rd placed finish barring injuries and suspension.

For once, I'd agree with you there MJC.

Our team does have flaws, but in comparison to the sides around us, we've definitely got a squad capable of competing.

For once, I'd agree with you there MJC.

Our team does have flaws, but in comparison to the sides around us, we've definitely got a squad capable of competing.

If nothing else, we have the starting 11 that is the equal to anyone else bar Celtic in the SPL. If we can avoid injuries/suspensions then we'll be okay IMO.

I am a little concerned, all around teams are strengthening while we are treated to the same old line that with the money available we can't bring anyone in to improve the team / squad.

I appreciate funds are limited however is the same not true for Ross Co. Aberdeen Dundee etc. ?

ETA Marky Reynolds signs a four and a half year deal at Aberdeen!

Edited by East_Stand_Al

Ross County released 2 players to bring their players in. There is also nothing to say they players will improve their respective teams. I am a firmly against signing players just for the sake of it. There are very few players in our market available in the January window.

I am quite happy to trust the squad that we have.

I am a little concerned, all around teams are strengthening while we are treated to the same old line that with the money available we can't bring anyone in to improve the team / squad.

I appreciate funds are limited however is the same not true for Ross Co. Aberdeen Dundee etc. ?

They have more money than us.

We are rooked. We have fuck all money.

We need to just accept this.

• Like 1

Quite surprised by this to be honest. Any time I've seen him play for Aberdeen he's stood out as their best defender and on several occasions he's been the best player on the park and I assumed he would move to another Championship club. It's a 4 and a half year deal so he must really like living there or Aberdeen are making sure nobody takes him without a good fee.

No one out, fine news.

Also: Ross Tokely? :lol: Have you seen football before?

And as mentioned, Russell isn't out of contract. Anyone believing we'd get £400k for Murphy is kidding themselves.

To be fair to Reynolds, Wednesday played him as a left back the whole time he was there. He's never a left back in a month of Sundays. For the record Wednesday are in the championship, what Wellfan1984 is saying is that he was punted while Wednesday were in League 1, however they played him in the wrong position. I would be interested to see how he would have got on had he played in the middle of the defence.