2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

In the summer I think we will lose

Randolph, Law, Hutchinson, McFadden, Humphrey, Higdon, Hateley and McCall.

Its very worrying that McCall said his contract was all but signed and then nothing. Not even a peep. It makes me think he has thought that can he really achieve what he already has after losing all of the above?

If this does happen then its just another case of rebuilding and trying to develop another strong group of players.

Its the way football is now and also our risky strategy of holding onto players rather than selling them as it means we can face summers that involve mass exoduses.

I won't be outraged if they sign new contracts but for me Humphrey and Hateley are players who are stagnating a bit and it might be good for them to move on and seek a new challenge.

Randolph and Law I would love to sign new contracts but anyone can see over the past couple of seasons they are players of a higher calibre than Motherwell. If either or both go, which I'd expect, they would leave big gaps to fill, especially Randolph as a quality goalkeeper can mean the difference between a great and mediocre season. I've said it before but for me he's the best keeper we've had in the nearly 30 years I've been going along to Fir Park.

Hutchinson is still young and has a lot to learn and I'd be more hopeful he'd sign on for maybe another 2 years. He's a great lad but there are still raw features to his game that he'd have to iron out if he wanted to play regular football at a higher level. I'd also be hopeful that Higdon will sign on again as well. He's not entirely convinced some of our supporters despite the number of goals scored and I think higher level managers might feel the same way about him. I think he's probably viewed as not mobile enough or a hard enough grafter to play at Championship level or higher down south. Perhaps a richer club in the lower English leagues could come in but he's played in Scotland for a while now and might well be fairly settled here.

I've said this a number of times now, but I'd be pretty pleased if Humphrey signed back on. He clearly has an affection for the club and regardless of the flaws in his game (Which if he didn't have, he wouldn't be here), the guy puts in monster shifts and from time to time, is tremendous.

Would be happy to keep any of them, delighted to keep some, but the only player that will fall solidly in the catagory of 'will not be missed' is Omar Daley. Ever since he threw that strop at Tannadice last season, and we introduced Ojamaa, we've never looked back. His loss, not ours.

Anyway, I didn't hear the interview, but my dad heard McCall on the radio last night talking about the new contract. Apparently he said that it will be signed soon - he's just been running about between the Bradford Cup Final, preparing for Dingwall, preapring for last night etc.

In the pre-Hearts press conference, he said he still doesn't foresee any problems and is expecting it to be sorted out early next week. (Whilst cheerfully admitting that he said that last week too!)

As you can see, chock full of relevant information and numerous substantive quotes... :rolleyes:

ALLY McCOIST wants to sign Dundee United striker Jon Daly and Motherwell star Nicky Law.

The Rangers boss will offer both stars pre-contract deals for next season.

Fir Park winger Chris Humphrey, 25, remains high on Coisty’s list of targets.

But SunSport can reveal hitman Daly and midfielder Law are the SPL star turns he wants to snap up most of all.

The Gers gaffer has drawn up a dossier of players out of contract in the summer.

And both have been identified as men who would boost McCoist’s first-team pool. United skipper Daly is thought to have been looking at a move to England.

But Gers have told United they want to talk to the 30-year-old.

The Ibrox club have NOT yet been in touch with Well over Law, 24, but are expected to make contact this week.

Gers can’t make any signings till September 1 but pre-contracts can be struck.

Reinforcements may be necessary to satisfy Charles Green after he admitted to being unimpressed by McCoist’s team.

However, the Ibrox supremo insisted McCoist is SAFE from the sack.

The Yorkshireman said: “Ally isn’t happy with where we are.

“We are all happy that in three more matches we’re likely to have won the league and that’s fine.

“But in terms of the performances and how we’re winning, I don’t think anyone is happy.

“But the answer is not to fire Ally. It’s to deal with the issues and try to improve.

“Ally has never been a manager.

“If I was judging him as a striker or his ability to score goals, we’d have a real benchmark.

“But he came to this having never managed a club and was thrown into one of the biggest clubs in the world.

“That is a challenge but to do it to that backdrop increases the enormity of the task.”

Green has vowed to make money available for new faces.

But part of his plan to raise cash will see him sell the naming rights to Ibrox.

Green added: “We had a meeting a few weeks ago with the supporters and invited Sports Direct.

“We said then we’d narrow it down to two interested parties, but one of those was not prepared to commit until he knew what league we were going to be in.

“So we’ll go ahead with Sports Direct and now we are getting together some visuals for the fans.”

Green — speaking yesterday as he announced he’d lost £7million since taking over the club last July — has played down his recent bust-up with chairman Malcolm Murray.

Green added: “It’s healthy for people to have different opinions.

“I have a style which is perhaps not ideal for everyone who sits round the boardroom table.

“If there are going to be clashes, it’s usually between the chief exec and the chairman.”

Amazing how Rangers posted accounts saying they were losing £7,000,000 this year, then were immediately linked to SPL players. Its almost like they were trying to distract people.

Not that the Scottish press would do such a thing.

Amazing how Rangers posted accounts saying they were losing £7,000,000 this year, then were immediately linked to SPL players. Its almost like they were trying to distract people.

Not that the Scottish press would do such a thing.

They have an operating loss of 7 million. They also have 22 million in the bank which means they can continue this current trend until they get the first division and then they will start actually losing money.

I thought £10 million of it had already been earmarked for work on Ibrox and McCoist had been promised £10 million for new players? Charles Green's lucky Sevco fans have memories like goldfish.

Yep. They essentially have no money as their current wage bill is unsustainable. The problem is current squad is pish and has no re sale value. Unlike Celtic who have a squad which could be valued close to 50 million.

So Green has to either raise more money or keep spunking it away on a dreadful team.

I think one of the main problems at ibrox is the manager. McCoist is not getting the best from decent players like black, shiels templeton, sandaza. He also inexplicably thought an ageing Brazilian defender (Cribari) would help n the Scottish 3rd division, and apparently thought the dreadful argyriou and Faure would do well there.

They should have looked at how teams like Gretna, Ross county, Inverness and even livvy came up, building a team to win each league, with good players from that level or slightly above.

I think Law could do well there, but don't think Humphrey who is a bit of an enigma, is the sort of player the need in the 2nd and 1st division.

I really hope neither of them go there.

Also still can't believe how bad we were at ibrox!!!

McCoist confirms interest in Nicky Law.

Motherwell midfielder Nicky Law and Middlesbrough defender Andre Bikey are also on the radar.

McCoist said: "Nicky is another player whose contract situation we are aware of as well.

"Again, he is one of a number of players we are looking at.

"It's a sensitive situation because these players are under contract at the moment to their own clubs and they've got a job to do for those clubs and, indeed, the fans of the clubs they represent. So it's very delicate."

I guess we will find out if the boy is interested in furthering his career at a decent level or chasing the money at zombieville.

Nice to see Rangers continuing to conduct their business discreetly and respectfully out of the public eye as usual.

I'll wait and smile, if he hasn't been sacked by then, the next time he's purple faced and squealing like a pig when one of their players, using them as a stepping stone to the English Premier League, is taken from them under similar circumstances. I'll wager the word "delicate" won't be in quotes that day.

But then this has always been their and their chums across the city's way. I remember as far back as McFadden getting the similar treatment when McLeish was in charge at Ibrox. The usual I don't want to talk about opposition players under contract but...... safe in the knowledge their media lapdogs will have it in print, radio and on TV within the hour trying to turn the players head.

I suppose the only consolation is that this time its not in the run up to a game against them which was one of the other well utilised tactics of choice.

Nice to see Rangers continuing to conduct their business discreetly and respectfully out of the public eye as usual.

I'll wait and smile, if he hasn't been sacked by then, the next time he's purple faced and squealing like a pig when one of their players, using them as a stepping stone to the English Premier League, is taken from them under similar circumstances. I'll wager the word "delicate" won't be in quotes that day.

But then this has always been their and their chums across the city's way. I remember as far back as McFadden getting the similar treatment when McLeish was in charge at Ibrox. The usual I don't want to talk about opposition players under contract but...... safe in the knowledge their media lapdogs will have it in print, radio and on TV within the hour trying to turn the players head.

I suppose the only consolation is that this time its not in the run up to a game against them which was one of the other well utilised tactics of choice.

Andy P. I love how you take what Haggischomper and the rest of us are thinking and turn it in to piece of well reasoned prose without changing the meaning! Quite an art.