2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

McCall said round about the Ross County game that the contract was being finalised and didn't forsee any problems.

Still nothing.

I wonder what the hold up is?

I always said, to myself at least, that after Craig Brown stabbed us in the back I would never believe what another manager or player said again, but when McCall said the contract was being finalised and he didn't forsee any problems, I still believed him!

Perhaps if he had been a bit more non commital when asked we wouldn't be wondering if there wereany problems?

Perhaps the top 6 has to be secured first?

one of the worst things for football was AGENTS. I bet McCall would have been signed up ages ago if it wasn't for his agent...........................but still the board should be laying it on the line and saying make your mind up now. it's never good when uncertainty lingers on.

one of the worst things for football was AGENTS. I bet McCall would have been signed up ages ago if it wasn't for his agent...........................but still the board should be laying it on the line and saying make your mind up now. it's never good when uncertainty lingers on.

And if he says no, we play potentially the most important few games of the season with no manager? Doesn't sound like a great plan to me.

If he does go i hope he takes Kenny Black with him. Although the 2 of them seem to work well together i'd hate to see Black in charge even on an interim basis just stinks of Malpas all over again. But i think McCall will stay he seems to enjoy where he is just now.

And if he says no, we play potentially the most important few games of the season with no manager? Doesn't sound like a great plan to me.

Eh? Where did I mention that he leaves before the end of the season? He just makes his mind up now so we can start looking for his replacement if he is going to leave.

Eh? Where did I mention that he leaves before the end of the season? He just makes his mind up now so we can start looking for his replacement if he is going to leave.

Doesn't work like that though.

If he decides he is going after this season then he needs to go now.

We have players to get signed back up and a lot of players to replace. Will he be doing his best in that area knowing it will have not imoact on him. Would you work extra hard when you have given your notice? This is when we need a manager working his hardest, not winding down.

That point made, I believe he will want to stay on for another season, until I see reason to think otherwise I imagine McCall is working his ass off for us the now.

Doesn't work like that though.

If he decides he is going after this season then he needs to go now.

We have players to get signed back up and a lot of players to replace. Will he be doing his best in that area knowing it will have not imoact on him. Would you work extra hard when you have given your notice? This is when we need a manager working his hardest, not winding down.

That point made, I believe he will want to stay on for another season, until I see reason to think otherwise I imagine McCall is working his ass off for us the now.

Why? I disagree with that statement. if he has decided he is leaving but does not tell us, then he would still be in the same position as you describe above except we would not know. I think he has to be driving the players performance on the field and the board need to be getting the players signed up for next season.

I do agree with your last statement though and i think mcCall is an honest proefssional who would still do his best to see us finish second even if he knew he was leaving.

Either way it's an unfortunate siuation to be in at this time of the season and I would love to see McCall and the board resolve it soon as possible resulting in him signing for another few years. I have no doubt that he can be a big factor in retaining players for less money than they might get offered elsewhere.

going by the herald article he wants a contract that he can walk away from at the drop of a hat.

In the modern footballing world, contracts (especially for managers) are meaningless. They get fired on the whim of the board and they walk out when they get a better offer. Rightly or wrongly, it's standard business practice and they are only relevant in regard to what compensations is received when the firing/walkout occurs. They never prevent either event from happening.

going by the herald article he wants a contract that he can walk away from at the drop of a hat.

good to see the club don't seem to be giving him whatever he wants.

Not how i read it. To me he is happy at Motherwell and when the time comes for him to move on he wants to see us benefit financially via compensation.

I really don't get the McCall digs on here at all. IMHO he has been a great manager for Motherwell and long may it continue. We will always be a selling club and that includes our manager unfortunately our finances and Avg Home crowd dictate that (And always has done in the 30+ years i've supported us)

• Like 2

And if I was McCall so would I. He has done a very good job for us and if a better and more lucrative opportunity comes along he does not want a prohibitive compensation clause to provide a block . All of us would be exactly the same.

The fact he is not doing a McGhoo and whoring himself should demand a lot more credit from our fans, but then again some interpretations on this board on this and other stories beggars belief......

And if I was McCall so would I. He has done a very good job for us and if a better and more lucrative opportunity comes along he does not want a prohibitive compensation clause to provide a block . All of us would be exactly the same.

The fact he is not doing a McGhoo and whoring himself should demand a lot more credit from our fans, but then again some interpretations on this board on this and other stories beggars belief......

get back to work Iain :whistling:

In the modern footballing world, contracts (especially for managers) are meaningless. They get fired on the whim of the board and they walk out when they get a better offer. Rightly or wrongly, it's standard business practice and they are only relevant in regard to what compensations is received when the firing/walkout occurs. They never prevent either event from happening.

that's the entire point.

he wants the security of a contract at fir park but also a low buy out clause if any club down south shows any interest. considering our financial position i doubt we are setting the bar very high, it would be interesting to know how much he thinks he should be allowed to leave for.

falkirk got £65,000 for pressley.

All pretty reasonable stuff, to be honest. We want as much money as possible for him when he inevitably goes, he doesn't want priced out the market when the right offer for him comes along.

He'll sign.