2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Carswell has signed a deal until 2015 according to BBC. Can't link the website because I'm on the iPad though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21872461

Motherwell midfielder Stuart Carswell has agreed a new contract with the Lanarkshire side.

The 19 year-old will sign a new deal which will tie him to the club until 2015, BBC Scotland has learned.

Carswell came through the youth system at Motherwell, making his first appearance in 2011 against Hearts.

This season, he has made 18 Scottish Premier League appearances for the Steelmen, but has yet to score for the club.

Wasn't mega impressed with Carswell to begin with but recently he has started to look the business, solid in the tackle and offers extra protection for the defence.

Looks a real class player when used as a defensive midfielder, doing the simple stuff. Also looks physically stronger than before. Glad to see him signing and think he's a ready made replacement for Lasley!!

Great news. Hopefully be the first of a few current players to re-sign.

Could you argue that he would be the third to re-sign, given that Cummins and Francis-Angol have already put pen to paper this season?

But yeah, I take your point. It would nice to keep the current feelgood factor rolling along nicely ahead of the two pre-split games with the announcement that a Randolph or Higdon had committed for another 12 months at least.

Nicky Law

From the official site.

Would love to get him signed up for another 2 or 3 years, not getting my hopes up though!

Are they still called reporters because that's not what they do? Nice to see Nicky clear that up although i had already dismissed it as your usual crap newspaper article. Pretty ridiculous some of the things they get away with, putting things out of context, and twisting peoples words.

Reporters are right up there beside used car salesmen !!!

Suggestions on Off the Ball at the weekend that the gaffer is going to sign his contract at Hammells testimonial dinner. Once we get that one out the way Im sure more will follow.

Top 6 guaranteed. Good chance of Europa League football and the chance to stay and play first team football at a family club where everyone appears to enjoy their work. Think it would take pretty serious money to tempt some of our players away.

Suggestions on Off the Ball at the weekend that the gaffer is going to sign his contract at Hammells testimonial dinner. Once we get that one out the way Im sure more will follow.

Top 6 guaranteed. Good chance of Europa League football and the chance to stay and play first team football at a family club where everyone appears to enjoy their work. Think it would take pretty serious money to tempt some of our players away.

Again, McCall will sign. No worries there.

Our backroom must be amazing. Bar a very exceptional couple, we always get credit for being welcoming and supporting to players. I sit in the east stand, and this welcome can frequently be less than warm and less than patient, so we must just exude a good atmosphere.

Again, McCall will sign. No worries there.

Our backroom must be amazing. Bar a very exceptional couple, we always get credit for being welcoming and supporting to players. I sit in the east stand, and this welcome can frequently be less than warm and less than patient, so we must just exude a good atmosphere.

Not worried mate. Suggestion on the radio was that it had been stage managed to help with the testimonial (although Im not quite sure how that would help?). Pretty certain he will sign and when he does I think some of our bigger players will do too. There will inevitably be one or two departures but I dont think it will end up being the mass clearout some fear. Times maybe tough but you still cant buy happiness!

• Like 1

Do people seriously still take notice of the Scottish sports media? Mental.

The suggestion was made on Tam Cowans show. He is compering the Hammell Testimonial. Figured he had the inside track on the story.

Was at the Society Night yesterday to pay my annual fee and overheard a converstation from Steven Saunders who is offski in the summer. No chance of getting into the first team and he said he needs to get out to get a chance.

I had heard that at the start of last season as well, I posted on here at the time, but it was rebuffed as rumour / hearsay. What I was told was that McCall doesn't rate him and had told him back then that even when fully fit, he's not in his plans for the first team.

I had heard that at the start of last season as well, I posted on here at the time, but it was rebuffed as rumour / hearsay. What I was told was that McCall doesn't rate him and had told him back then that even when fully fit, he's not in his plans for the first team.

thats a shame - i think he has potential and although he has made some mistakes, like everyone has, i'd like to see him sign on and get a prolonged run in the team

intetrestingly, if McCall is not going to offer him a new deal - he must think that Hateley is going to stay on or that Ramsden is better at full back

we have to trust McCall - he sees them everyday

from what Ive heard re McCall, he wants to stay, and wants to sign..........he is just seeking some assurances from the club. To what, i dont know - but it could be what was listed in the Herald story

I also heard that Randolph is defo offski to an "unfancied" team in the Championship, doesnt surprise me though.........he'll be on way more money, and if he does go to said team, he will be the No 1 and it will also help with his aspirations of being the Rep Ire No 1 also - which is what he eluded to when his story was in the press............my best wishes go to him, he's been outstanding for us and definitely deserves his chance at a higher level