2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Just after the Hibs game he said it would be signed by the Dundee game.

McCall has said on more than a few occasions now that signing the new contract is imminent. I must admit the longer it goes unsigned the more anxious I'm becoming.

Is Gannon still out of a job? If the worst were to happen, there are worse people we could charge with the rebuilding of the squad. Still one of the most talented managers ive ever seen at FP.

I can't imagine Gannon is the type of character that would just come back to us.

Anyway, McCall will hopefully sign his deal this week, infact when I win the £90mill on euromillions the morra, I'll put an extra £50k onto his contract, and also offer Randz a warchest to stay.

Sarcasm

Not at all, I was just wondering if there was some negotiation details that he wanted to share. Otherwise, the situation as I understand it is pretty much this:

By McCall's own admission, the club presented him with a new contract a number of weeks ago.

For a few weeks, McCall says he's been too busy to get around to signing it.

Last week we hear the story, which may or may not be true, that his agents/managers/lawyers/whatever have now read it and are trying to negotiate over a specific release clause.

Unless there have been details published about that specific clause that I'm not aware of, I have no idea how good or bad that is. Certainly, just because some money grubbing agent who benefits from his client moving as often as possible, is complaining about it, doesn't mean it's unreasonable.

And I'm not going to fault the club for the speed in which they got a contract on the table, or the fact that they want to protect themselves from a Paw Broon situation.

If anything, the fault lies with the individual (or his advisors) who dragged their heels when it came to reviewing it.

However, as someone who spends a fair amount of time working with contracts, I know even the most straightforward ones can take weeks to agree once the lawyers get involved.

Oh, and I do agree Gannon was not treated well by the club, I just don't see any parallels with this situation.

Just after the Hibs game he said it would be signed by the Dundee game.

McCall has said on more than a few occasions now that signing the new contract is imminent. I must admit the longer it goes unsigned the more anxious I'm becoming.

Well, invest in some of these...

Disposable-Nappy.jpg

Craig Moore signs new 2 and half year contract.

McCall obviously rates him highly to hand such a long term contract to someone who hasn't made a first team appearance for us yet.

The youngster is a good player. For those who haven't seen him play he is similar to D. Arnott or S McDonald.

Good eye for goal and is a defenders nightmare with his constant movement and ability to handle himself( incoming criticism for this from the we want silky footballers division no doubt :laugh:)

Think there will be a few youngsters playing 1st team next season as I cannot see many of the out of contract players staying.

I would hire Jim Gannon as a scout in a heartbeat. The calibre of player he brought in on a brutally tight budget has to be some of the best I've seen.

Whilst I was an ardent supporter of all things Gannon, he was utilising a budget way, way and above what Stuart McCall can hope to have...

What shortlist is that? Mark Hateley and Everton coaching staff? :doh:

Worked wonders for him in his last two jobs

Jim Gannon gave an interview for the Hibs job which included him telling the directors all about the players they had in the squad already, in the reserves and in the youths. He then had a list of all the players he felt could improve the squad, with 3 options for each position.

He then did the same with Motherwell.

Like him or loathe him, the guy has an extensive knowledge of the players available at any time.

• Like 1

I think it was his man management that let him down. Most of the guys he brought in did pretty well for us.

We played some good football under him for a while.

Yassin mouthakil, his terrible man management and his personality were the downsides.

:lol:

Every time I manage to forget about Moutaouakil someone goes and dredges the memory back up. See he's at Portsmouth these days?

I thought he was in the conference north or south? Sure there was a video of him scoring for Kettering or some team like that?