2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

I can't even see Hately at ibrox if I'm honest, think he has far bigger ambitions and he has hinted at wanting to stay as he sees us as his way into the big games... so at worst I think he would move to England

What really annoys me is we have so many players out of contract, then you have all the stories about them enjoying their time here etc

and as a club we seem to not commit very much to our players! then you have killie offering contracts to players for 3 years etc

I guess it's for the best financially but we really have a cracking team just now that could really do something special but it seems like McCall will have a rebuilding job next season and that we will be no better off!

Just got to hope our guys have a little bit more ambition than that.

That's the problem highlighted with the Sandaza case, a lot of players have no ambition and only care about lining their pockets. Most of your standard SPL players would bite your hand off for a Sevco payday deal. The possibility of earning £5000 - £10,000 a week is too much of a lure for players who have little or no chance of making the big time down South or abroad. Easy money in an easy league.

How does this work then, Gers can't sign anyone until 1st Sept & most contracts end at the end of May, so are players expected to sit around for 3 months just cos the, once, mighty Gers have come calling all players are going to get wet & hang about for them! I really hate the fact that the media still think all players want to play for either half of the Old Firm & if they're out of contract that's where they'll end up

It's a Registration ban on players over 18 not a 'signing' ban . They are able to agree contracts for players just cannot register them with SFA etc.

In theory they can sign players from end of season and pay them, just can' t register them or play them in any official matches until 1st Sep

To me, our success has been down to many factors. a huge one is our consistent squads since 2010. Randolph, Hateley, hutchy, Saunders, Hammell, Lasley, humphrey, Murphy and jenno (gone now though :( ) etc. Keeping these guys, with the excpetion of murphy and Jenno is key. i think introducing a couple stars into the recipe is just improving it. So, if it were up to me, I'd keep our squad completely the same, perhaps adding one or two names to the roster though.

If only. wallbash.gif

Just been told we've signed a guy called Jamie Longmuir or something from Queens Park? Anyone any ideas/heard anything?

Confirmed untrue. Apparently he signed himself on Football Manager and updated his Facebook and everyone thought he'd actually signed for Motherwell! facepalm.gif

Thought a fit Saunders would be back in the squad over Cummins

Remember though, that just because he's fit for games now, doesn't mean he's able to get back to a similar level of performance. Could be the injuries have hampered his development. Think of the likes of Kevin McBride, Brian McLean, even Martyn Corrigan, who were all excellent but were never the same player after coming back from serious long-term injury.

Remember though, that just because he's fit for games now, doesn't mean he's able to get back to a similar level of performance. Could be the injuries have hampered his development. Think of the likes of Kevin McBride, Brian McLean, even Martyn Corrigan, who were all excellent but were never the same player after coming back from serious long-term injury.

To an extent, they only really began to regain their abilities when it was too late, with the exception of McLean who is still shit whistling.gif

Really hope Law and Randolph get the moves they deserve. When you look at some of the squads at the lower end of the Premiership, Randolph and Law have a chance of making it at that level IMO.

Wonder if McCall will be at the Ramsdens Cup final today to look at any Partick Thistle players. Although it seems likely that two of our reported interests, Erskine and Paton, will be joining up with McNamara.