2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

if someone offers them an extra £20/30k per year - why should they stay???

Entirely up to them of course. But there are certainly some companies in my line of work I wouldn't want to join for an extra £20k a year, plenty of things about a job are more important than the pay packet.

I'm sure I read the other day that Dayton has accepted a 3 year extension at Killie as well.

Wouldn't say no to Sampson if Randolph leaves and Doran, Vigurs or McGowan if Law is away.

Really hope Higgy signs on again though and a certian Mr McFadden pens a wee one year deal.

Would people here (not that it really matters what we think) agree to offering all players a 1 year contract just to get us past Europe. For one year, I would just love to have a whole team available and untouched in our Europa League campaign!

Not the worst idea.... I think if we somehow would manage to get into the Group stages, we might be able to make a few quid and offer the odd player a long term contract and if needed let them go in January... for a small fee.

Would people here (not that it really matters what we think) agree to offering all players a 1 year contract just to get us past Europe. For one year, I would just love to have a whole team available and untouched in our Europa League campaign!

Definitely, without a doubt.

Not just for the Europa League but for an assault on the SPL title!

see since we only budgeted for what mcall predicted (not to make the top six) does that mean we have some extra £££, or is that what we used to sign faddy?

would be great to keep the team together and do something special next season, Imagine we took the form we are ending this season in into the next season!

It's not a huge stretch of the imagination to picture Faddy signing an extension. He's been excellent since his return however, with the exception of the Hibs game, he has been inconsistent. I reckon he's done enough to get a move to a bigger club however unless he finds that consistency now and for the remainder of the season, I'm not sure he's done enough to secure him the move to the type of club he wants to go to.

A good pre-season, some European football (fingers crossed) and regular starts right up to the January window would probably see him performing consistently well and back at peak fitness, where he would no doubt get the move he's aiming for.

Heres whats been rattling around in my brain in terms of Faddy.

Option 1. He gets his move down south, makes his money. Risk here being that he could end up as before, warming the bench. On the other hand he could be a sensation in a much higher rated league.

Option 2. Stay with Motherwell, Reasonable wage but not as much as he could get else where, stays 20mins down the road which makes family life a lot easier. Chance to play in Europe. Club and fans adore him, guaranteed a game, in the spotlight and in for a shout for Scotland if he keeps up his form. Cements his place as a club legend. Job security, and even looking to the future, a step up into the coaching team and management.

Its not an easy choice to make, I certainly wouldn't like to make it.

Heres whats been rattling around in my brain in terms of Faddy.

Option 1. He gets his move down south, makes his money. Risk here being that he could end up as before, warming the bench. On the other hand he could be a sensation in a much higher rated league.

Option 2. Stay with Motherwell, Reasonable wage but not as much as he could get else where, stays 20mins down the road which makes family life a lot easier. Chance to play in Europe. Club and fans adore him, guaranteed a game, in the spotlight and in for a shout for Scotland if he keeps up his form. Cements his place as a club legend. Job security, and even looking to the future, a step up into the coaching team and management.

Its not an easy choice to make, I certainly wouldn't like to make it.

Or option 3. Signs for Celtic & gets the big wages, the chance to play in Europe & still close enough to have the better quality family life.

Really hope that doesn't happen but if he stays fit & continues to play well, certainly can't be ruled out.

• Like 1

Option 3 is the one that really concerns me.

Im kinda hoping that Neil Lennon doesnt see him as the kind of player that would fit into his system, or that Faddy might still be pissed off at them for asking him to go for a trial last time round.

Wouldnt want to see his status as a Well Legend tarnished by going there.

Just say no James!

Why should his status change because he signs for Celtic (or rangers)?The guys done well for us - and at times by us - anyone thinking less of him just because of a financial/career decision he makes needs to look at themselves in the mirror and wonder what they are all about!

Why should his status change because he signs for Celtic (or rangers)?The guys done well for us - and at times by us - anyone thinking less of him just because of a financial/career decision he makes needs to look at themselves in the mirror and wonder what they are all about!

Not my personal opinion Stu but you know fine well how it goes. It will be viewed as a betrayal in some quarters.

I would be gutted to see him go to Celtic, because I would hate to see him associated with that filth. Due to his standing with, and conduct toward, Motherwell, I certainly wouldn't say that it would tarnish his status here, and I'd certainly never boo him, whichever shirt he appeared in at Fir Park, but I really hope that he doesn't go there.

see since we only budgeted for what mcall predicted (not to make the top six) does that mean we have some extra £££, or is that what we used to sign faddy?

would be great to keep the team together and do something special next season, Imagine we took the form we are ending this season in into the next season!

no............because of our early cup exits "it cost us a small fortune"

faddy's wages until the end of the season are being covered by 2 directors

Remember we used to wheel Lambert out at half time to rapturous applause, signed for Celtic.

Paul who?

Phil O'Donnell got pelters going to Celtic, shortly before one of the biggest games in the clubs history. Fans got over it.

Would be same with Faddy unless he went ott. He turned up at the dementia cafe last week, generally seems a class guy who if he went wouldn't do anthing to unnecessarily sully his reputation.

No one would like it but would be understandable.

I think Rangers would be more interested in him than Celtic. Celtic sign promising up and comers and sell them on at a huge margin.

They couldn't do that with McFadden.

Rangers on the other hand have cherry picked some of the best players in the league by paying huge fortunes in wages that otherwise those players would not have received.

They might do that with McFadden.

I'm not sure McFadden having played in the Championship and Premiership would want to go to that level of football but if he's offered a three year contract of 12 grand a week then that has proved to quite persuasive.

I think Rangers would be more interested in him than Celtic. Celtic sign promising up and comers and sell them on at a huge margin.

I know it was a few years ago he said it, we don't know the exact context and there's been a veritable deluge under the bridge since then, but personally I still kinda have the feeling he's not all that interested in being part of the Old Firm circus.