2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

From the out of contract SPL players get Sone Aluko, Dean Shiels and big Momo Sissoko signed for the Champions League dream team!! I'd take Nigel Hasselbaink and Rudi skacel anaw.

That boy Sissoko is so hit or miss it's unreal. Occasionally looks amazing, occasionally looks like an absolute huddy. No middle ground. Hasselbaink can't score in a barrel of fannies either.

Skacel would be hilarious, the Jambos would go mental.

Out of all our out of contract players, Hammell is probably the most likely to sign on again I think. But if not, Paul Dixon would be a tidy replacement. Other than that, not many decent targets from that list, and even fewer realistic ones. Hayes isn't outwith the realms of possibility, but I'd imagine he'd get better offers elsewhere. McPake and Suso Santana would be decent steals, though again wages might be an issue.

Best piece of business would probably be Greg Tansey, in practical terms. Can't see him playing week in week out, but he would bolster the midfield and give us another option at set-pieces.

Quite a few clubs like Dundee United, St Johnstone, Inverness, Kilmarnock and ourselves could be losing a number of players over the summer. The trick though is to replace them with lads of a similar but hopefully better calibre.

In our case there's a bit more pressure due to our early start in the CL. Hopefully we can retain Stuart McCall as well as I don't particularly want to start the new campaign in the same situation as we did when playing Llanelli. Of the players in contract I'd guess the Directors will want to move on Hutch, Darren Randolph and Jamie Murphy. Of those out of contract (Hammell, Clancy, Jennings and Lasley), I can see Keith as being the only one to stay on. In short we could have a big rebuilding job on our hands especially in defence and midfield. One bright spot though is that circling English clubs will not wnat to do business until August. All this is purely speculation on my part of course and may be well off the mark.

Looking to young lads coming back or breaking through - we do have Steven Saunders back and Jon Page may really push for a place. Other young lads - who knows?

Out of all our out of contract players, Hammell is probably the most likely to sign on again I think. But if not, Paul Dixon would be a tidy replacement. Other than that, not many decent targets from that list, and even fewer realistic ones. Hayes isn't outwith the realms of possibility, but I'd imagine he'd get better offers elsewhere. McPake and Suso Santana would be decent steals, though again wages might be an issue.

Best piece of business would probably be Greg Tansey, in practical terms. Can't see him playing week in week out, but he would bolster the midfield and give us another option at set-pieces.

For me, Paul Dixon was easily MOTM on Sunday. Fantastic left back who will be moving to a much bigger club than Motherwell. Chris Humphrey has been playing really well for past month or so and got very little from Dixon at any point during the game.

Paul Dixon is not leaving Dundee United so he can move to Motherwell.

Anyone who thinks we are in with a shout of getting one of our main rivals better players, is clearly off their head!

The boy will be going to England, or possibly as back up to one of the arsecheeks. Celtic I suppose since the other one can't sign anyone.

Out of all the players out of contract, I wouldn't mind trying to get Hayes, Tansey and Andy Kirk. A lot of other players, e.g. Dixon, Mark Wilson, Skacel etc, would be outwith our pay structure and looking for moves to the Championship/Premiership.

Spoke to a few people last night and heard some rumours.

Hearts are after one of our players but it's Lasley not Hammell. They see him as a cheaper replacement for Black. I understand Keith isn't keen after Sutton's problems but the money there is better than here.

Also hear that the club want to keep Hutchison til next summer as they figure he'll grow in value. But in order to be able to afford to keep him, we need to move Randolph on.

Could be nonsense but that's what I've heard...

Has anyone alerted the Samaritans about the possibility of wee sexy legs joining the Jambos.

Will be meltdown on here.

The Samaritans are constantly engaged with the news about you holding out on your Season Ticket , nobody can get through.

Has anyone alerted the Samaritans about the possibility of wee sexy legs joining the Jambos.

Will be meltdown on here.

Regardless of the man love, a Motherwell team potentially bereft of Craigan, Las, Jennings and Hammill, will be a shell without that core.

* Just read the last post. Lets hope its accurate in that Jennings wants to stay. Hopefully they are all of that opinion.

Spoke to a few people last night and heard some rumours.

Hearts are after one of our players but it's Lasley not Hammell. They see him as a cheaper replacement for Black. I understand Keith isn't keen after Sutton's problems but the money there is better than here.

Also hear that the club want to keep Hutchison til next summer as they figure he'll grow in value. But in order to be able to afford to keep him, we need to move Randolph on.

Could be nonsense but that's what I've heard...

Quite an interesting one that (Lasley), and I could believe it to be true. In saying that, I wouldn't expect Lasley to make the move, unless he was being offered a significant amount more, that would really make a large difference in the last couple of years of his career.

As much as I rate Randolph and think he's a great keeper, from what I've seen of Hollis, he's entirely capable, and I'd be happy enough for him to step in should Randolph go.

Lasley and Hammell have testimonials due so that needs to be factored in. A wee bit of work done on the opponents etc. and this could be worth a fair bit. I think both will stay.

Jennings is much better than League 2. I would love to keep him but if we do it has to be a two year deal this time.

Randolph and Murphy to depart for me.

It's always difficult to suggest A,B or C should happen too much without really knowing the parameters McCall and the board are working within.

Not that they are ever anything different but its an interesting summer this year.

On the face of it, if a deal had been offered to Craigan which was subsequently declined and McCall has spoken publically of his hope of keeping the existing squad in tact then I suppose the assumption would be that we are already a bit up on McCall's starting budget.

How it goes throughout the summer? Who knows.

The club have spoken about getting the Well Society up and running and getting to a position whereby they can better dictate the times and terms on which we sell. Are we anywhere near that point yet? I don't think where there yet but hope that we might come across a bit more resolute than how we appeared to handle Blackpool's bid for Murphy in January which I think left us open to accusations of being a bit overly keen to accept what was an offer at the lower side of most people's perception of Murph's worth.

If we don't perhaps have the finance we might like we do have much going for us in terms of looking an attractive option for players. Obviously we have the Champions League and to a lesser extent Europa League carrot. But beyond that a constant feature of the last season has been a number of good news stories that painted the club in a good light - from the atmosphere off the park, to the Well Society fan ownership angle, from all the community work done, to the often mentioned team spirit amongst the players. We have a reputation for bringing players through the ranks whilst at the same time a guy like Nicky Law could be a great selling point to players considering making a move from England. In short there are lots of ways to sell the club as a positive progressive place to play your fitba at, at the moment.

But as I say we'll see how it goes once we start getting to the nitty gritty of bids being made, contracts expire and players have to bite the bullet and make decisions.

Sieb Dykstra ‏ @SiebDykstra

According to rob mckinnon dundee utd want keith lasley

Sieb Dykstra ‏ @SiebDykstra

He will double his wages and that is guaranteed. Mr mccall is also rumoured to be interested in mcpake from hibs.

If Dundee United are offering to double Lasley's wages, then we'll need a new centre midfielder. At this stage in his career, it'd be madness for him to turn a deal like that down. From their point of view, I thught they were cutting back like the rest of the SPL? Bit strange to be offering bumper deals to bring in guys the wrong side of 30...