2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

If Dundee United are offering to double Lasley's wages, then we'll need a new centre midfielder. At this stage in his career, it'd be madness for him to turn a deal like that down. From their point of view, I thught they were cutting back like the rest of the SPL? Bit strange to be offering bumper deals to bring in guys the wrong side of 30...

Last year, when Houston was complaining about some young player demanding £1.8K / week, I'm sure the article stated that was their top earners that were on that kind of money. Find it hard to believe that Las would be on half of that. Surely we're paying top players around the 1.5 - 2k mark ?

Coventry are looking for around £100k are they not. He's been very good for Hibs and quickly established himself as a fans favourite. Would be surprised to see him go elsewhere in Scotland.

Quinn is another who is likely to be on McGhee's radar. I'd love him back at Motherwell though.

If any of our players are seriously considering moving to Hearts they really need their heads examined. In fact, how many players have left us for another non-old firm Scottish club and gone on to do well?

You also have to doubt that anyone would be willing to double the wages that the likes of Lasley is on, especially at his age. Unless it's Aberdeen, of course :evilgrin:

What do we need Quinn for anyway?

OK, he's good in a punch up, but on the pitch Saunders is hopefully going to be better, and Hately offers dead balls and the option to move into midfield.

Quinn is a far better RB than Hateley. And Saunders is a converted CB. But it's a pointless conversation as his wages will be too high for us..

If we can retain the services of Saunders, Hutchinson, Hammell, Clancy & Page we really don't need to strengthen in defence. Quinn would be a waste of money that could be better spent resigning players we already have to longer deals.

• Like 1

With Quinn wages would be an issue. But it does open up the possibility of selling Hateley or Saunders in order to bring in cash..

Quinn is the Fir Park version of Riordan. We don't need that kind of publicity again.

If Randolph does leave us in the summer, then we should be looking at the Tommy Lee of Chesterfield, top keeper. I'm not sure of his current contract status, but if we need to pay a fee then i suppose its a no go.

Would be happy with Tansey and Andy Kirk from the out of contract SPL players.

If Randolph does go why do we need to bring a keeper in when Hollis seems to be a good Keeper.

He will also be on less money than someone else coming in.

He's waited for his chance so give him it.

If Randolph goes that is

Because Hollis would be our one and only keeper

I honestly think we could do worse than selling Randolph for a decent sun and getting Tuffey in from ICT. He's a good keeper.

We could do worse, but not by much. The guy is an absolute vampire, can't even chuck the Graeme Smith defence of 'he's a good shot stopper' at him.