2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Aye, Bristol City wouldn't be too bad a move for him at all. McInnes will know all about him and will think he can get him at a reasonable price.

Still think Lennon might make a move though. Looking at making the Forster deal permanent or snaffling Craig Gordon from Sunderland but if those deals fall through???

Hearts got £510k upfront for Johnsson with 6 months left on his contract.

Would definitely be looking for £1m for Randolph.

The Jonsson deal was worth 3.2M all in for Hearts. No idea how they pulled it off but its some piece of business.

The Jonsson deal was worth 3.2M all in for Hearts. No idea how they pulled it off but its some piece of business.

They probably pulled it off as Hearts tend to put large prices on players and seldom budge on those, forcing teams to stump up the cash. Unlike us.

Because they don't lube up at the sight of a wallet, but more importantly they make sure their players and club are talked up at every possible opportunity, where as for years every aspect of our club seems to be playing everything down in a "if we manage it that will be great but if not we're quite happy with what we've managed", type way.

Hearts got £510k upfront for Johnsson with 6 months left on his contract.

Would definitely be looking for £1m for Randolph.

We could certainly look for £1 million for him, but I doubt we'd get anywhere near that. I'd consider £750,000 to be a great accomplishment.

I certainly hope I'm wrong of course.

as much as i want randolph to stay if we got around £750,000 for him and got a good replacement on a free then i think we would have done well

Good keepers are a rare commodity and with him already on the fringes of the National team then I would expect the club to be holding out for the million and a decent sell-on clause! We only had Ruddy on loan but if the circumstances had been similiar then I reckon we would still have got substantially less for him as that connection to the full national team came later.

In a perfect world we win one of these European legs and once in the group stages of the Europa he really puts himself in the shop window and goes next January following a crazy bidding war led by Man City :thumbup:

Good keepers are a rare commodity and with him already on the fringes of the National team then I would expect the club to be holding out for the million and a decent sell-on clause! We only had Ruddy on loan but if the circumstances had been similiar then I reckon we would still have got substantially less for him as that connection to the full national team came later.

In a perfect world we win one of these European legs and once in the group stages of the Europa he really puts himself in the shop window and goes next January following a crazy bidding war led by Man City :thumbup:

In an ideal world we win the champions league& the £50m prize that comes with it. We can tell the Rotherhams of this world to fuck away from our players& go looking to sign a hit player from the euro championships!!

In an ideal world.....

We've all been saying this for many moons, but i wish our club would grow a backbone with regards to transfer fees. We've invested alot of money and time into various players. It's time we were properly compensated, to ensure that we can continue to move forward.

The following contracts have been offered to current out-of-contract players.

KEITH LASLEY 2-YEAR DEAL

STEVIE HAMMELL 2-YEAR DEAL

TIM CLANCY 2-YEAR DEAL

STEVE JENNINGS 2-YEAR DEAL

LEE HOLLIS 1-YEAR DEAL

ADAM CUMMINS 1-YEAR DEAL

ZAINE FRANCIS-ANGOL 1-YEAR DEAL

STEVEN HETHERINGTON 1-YEAR DEAL

Seasons over and a couple of months before the transfer window shuts. Randy has a year left I think, so that's a couple of windows away. Plenty time to sell. They'll be hunting for good goalies right up until the wee hours on deadline day.

As someone said there is a bigger shop window to come in the european ties. If he performs on that stage, and he should want to, then maybe one of your bigger clubs will realise just how good he is. Interestingly, i see or hear no mention of a new contract from any source Anyone any ideas?What does that mean: hes asked to leave; happy to be sold; club want to sell; all of the above?

For me. Like a few have said. £1M cash up front for his signature and then discussions can begin on add ons. Anything less is just bad business.

Also if Jamie Murphy is sold for £250 grand we might as well stick our amber cheeks in the air and invite any Tom, Dick or Harry to draw claret.

Also if Jamie Murphy is sold for £250 grand we might as well stick our amber cheeks in the air and invite any Tom, Dick or Harry to draw claret.

The fact that the club accepted such a low bid for Murphy in January was, frankly, embarrassing. I think the boy's a bit overrated by some at times, but he's worth more than the club accepted. It also means we'll now almost certainly not get a decent fee for him as the club have shown their hand on what they will accept. That, of course, may translate over to bids for other players being lower than they really should be. Soft touches I'm afraid.

The fact that the club accepted such a low bid for Murphy in January was, frankly, embarrassing.

It's also pure speculation as some of the papers down south were talking in the 500k range. That's the problem with these deas - details are rarely made public.

It's also pure speculation as some of the papers down south were talking in the 500k range. That's the problem with these deas - details are rarely made public.

Well, in the interests of transparency, I DEMAND that the club make public the amount of the bid! :whistling:

The following contracts have been offered to current out-of-contract players.

KEITH LASLEY 2-YEAR DEAL

STEVIE HAMMELL 2-YEAR DEAL

TIM CLANCY 2-YEAR DEAL

STEVE JENNINGS 2-YEAR DEAL

LEE HOLLIS 1-YEAR DEAL

ADAM CUMMINS 1-YEAR DEAL

ZAINE FRANCIS-ANGOL 1-YEAR DEAL

STEVEN HETHERINGTON 1-YEAR DEAL

Good move by the club. I wish they'd done that in years gone by - it would have dispelled all usual nonsense churned out by agents and mischiefmakers thats siezed upon by the fans and used by them to have ago at the club.