2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

:doh:

God what is it with some of our support.

James McFadden is a 29 year old International player, he has been plying his trade in the Premiership for the best part of the last NINE years apart from a brief spell in the Championship. He would have been earning something like £25k a week, yet some sections of our support seem to think that he is going to come back here, even though we are actively cost cutting and getting rid of youth players.

Understand this. James McFadden IS. NOT. COMING. BACK....EVER. We cannot even begin to think about affording his wages.

And for those who think he won't end up at Celtic...get your heads out of the sand. The man is a Celtic supporter, he has never denied this and would jump at the chance of playing for them should it come up. He will be a Celtic player one day, mark my words.

But for God's sake, some of our support need to wake themselves up from this daft wee dream that 'Faddy' is going to come back and play for us. He's long gone and he is now way, way out of our wage bracket. He will never, repeat 100 times NEVER play for Motherwell FC again.

And for those who think he won't end up at Celtic...get your heads out of the sand. The man is a Celtic supporter, he has never denied this and would jump at the chance of playing for them should it come up. He will be a Celtic player one day, mark my words.

McFadden would snub Celtic for any Championship or Premiership team. This is a fact. You could even count on the League 1 Playoff Winner in that list of teams he would jump at signing for before Celtic....

You have also been stating your stance for the last nine years. Time for you to move on as much as those who say (more in hope/joke that actual fact - unlike you) he is joining us....

James McFadden is a 29 year old International player, he has been plying his trade in the Premiership for the best part of the last NINE years apart from a brief spell in the Championship. He would have been earning something like £25k a week, yet some sections of our support seem to think that he is going to come back here, even though we are actively cost cutting and getting rid of youth players.

Understand this. James McFadden IS. NOT. COMING. BACK....EVER. We cannot even begin to think about affording his wages.

But for God's sake, some of our support need to wake themselves up from this daft wee dream that 'Faddy' is going to come back and play for us. He's long gone and he is now way, way out of our wage bracket. He will never, repeat 100 times NEVER play for Motherwell FC again.

cheers for clearing that up for us,faddy had the chance to train with celtic at the start of the season with a view to signing for him and turned them down so i wouldnt say he would jump at the chance to play for celtic.according to somebody i know that knows faddys family he would never be in a rush to sign for either of the old firm cause of all the shite that goes with it

Dreams .do you not have them ?

I hope to Fcuk ur not James McFadden mellow.gif

Understand this. James McFadden IS. NOT. COMING. BACK....EVER.

He will never, repeat 100 times NEVER play for Motherwell FC again.

I wouldn't be so sure about that to be honest. I don't think he'll be back at Fir Park playing for us anytime soon, but I wouldn't bet against him coming back later on down the road.

Dreams .do you not have them ?

Plenty, but they also involve Motherwell winning the Champions League but I know it will never happen. I just can't believe the amount of Motherwell fans out there who genuinely believe that James McFadden will come back here one day. It's not just folk who post on here under a moniker either, I know of and have spoken to Motherwell supporters who genuinely believe that this will happen.

Why would he come back here? What possible reason would James McFadden have for coming back to play for Motherwell? In football it is money that does the talking and we just cannot offer even a fraction of what James McFadden would ask for.

As for him signing for Celtic; I've said it since he left Motherwell and I will say it until I am finally proved right. James McFadden will be a Celtic player sooner or later. He wants to play for them, don't kid yourself otherwise and if they make him a decent enough offer, which they are capable of doing then he will go there.

Plenty, but they also involve Motherwell winning the Champions League but I know it will never happen. I just can't believe the amount of Motherwell fans out there who genuinely believe that James McFadden will come back here one day. It's not just folk who post on here under a moniker either, I know of and have spoken to Motherwell supporters who genuinely believe that this will happen.

Why would he come back here? What possible reason would James McFadden have for coming back to play for Motherwell? In football it is money that does the talking and we just cannot offer even a fraction of what James McFadden would ask for.

As for him signing for Celtic; I've said it since he left Motherwell and I will say it until I am finally proved right. James McFadden will be a Celtic player sooner or later. He wants to play for them, don't kid yourself otherwise and if they make him a decent enough offer, which they are capable of doing then he will go there.

What reason did he have for investing in the Well society? Maybe he has a soft spot for the club. Did you ever think of that?

I think there's a better than average chance that he'll finish his career at Fir Park.

Personally don't see Faddy signing for us. But you were ever so accurate when you predicted us to get beaten every week this season.

What reason did he have for investing in the Well society? Maybe he has a soft spot for the club. Did you ever think of that?

I think there's a better than average chance that he'll finish his career at Fir Park.

I'm sure he has got a soft spot for the club, in fact I've never doubted that. But that doesn't mean that he will come back and actually play for us again, unless he pays his own wages. James McFadden is well and truly out of our league, in fact he's on a different planet to us in football terms these days. There is more chance of me playing for Motherwell than there is of James McFadden playing for us again.

Faddy snubbed Celtic last year (it may even have been the start of this year) when they asked him to come to them on trial! He said it himself in an interview.

Surely if he was so desperate to join them he would have jumped at the chance, even if was only for a trial. I'm confident he would have made the grade. I'm sure he would have been, too, but appeared offended by the offer of a trial.

I'm sure I've also seen him quoted as saying he doesn't ever want to be part of the goldfish bowl that is the Old Firm.

im more than a bit sure McFadden said he wants to finish his career at Motherwell.

By the time he is maybe 33+ or so he will have made all the money he can in football and that will not be his reason for coming back, it will be because it is the team who he came through the ranks at, obviously cares about and he believes still can do a shift

wee article i stumbled across:

http://www.thescotti...assing-Fad.html

"was north of the border on a few days’ leave from Everton...

Faddy phoned the club he left in 2003 and joined in training."

“It was a very kind gesture by Motherwell and I am grateful to them for letting me train with the boys."

“Everybody made me feel very welcome and it was great to see all the office staff too. Motherwell will always have a place in my heart because the club and the people mean a great deal to me.”

"It was a very kind gesture by Motherwell and I am grateful to them for letting me train with the boys."

"Everybody made me feel very welcome and it was great to see all the office staff too. Motherwell will always have a place in my heart because the club and the people mean a great deal to me."

Very nice quote from McFadden and good to hear that he still has some feeling toward the club. But at no point in that quote does he say anything about him rejoining us. He's not coming back. Ever.