2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

He could very well end up turning out for Celtic and Motherwell before his career ends. Injuries are going to be his main concern. Sadly the last few years indicate he might be playing well into his 30s.

If he signs for Celtic then fair enough. I wouldn't really be that fussed if I'm honest.

Faddy said himself that he would like to finish his career at Motherwell ,whether he does depends on time and circumstance, but it could happen. Never say never.

There's no point in arguing, Jim. MJC has a history of making ridiculous claims and predictions.

Fuck sake MJC you are one moaning tit. I think the guy who said Everton are released let's sign him for the Champions league was saying it tongue in cheek and you go off on one light a tit. The phrase McFadden to Motherwell is like a red rag to to a bull to you. Take a couple of prozac and start enjoying life ffs.

Faddy snubbed Celtic last year (it may even have been the start of this year) when they asked him to come to them on trial! He said it himself in an interview.

Surely if he was so desperate to join them he would have jumped at the chance, even if was only for a trial. I'm confident he would have made the grade. I'm sure he would have been, too, but appeared offended by the offer of a trial.

I'm sure I've also seen him quoted as saying he doesn't ever want to be part of the goldfish bowl that is the Old Firm.

if they had offered him a contract do you think he would have signed it? if celtic offer him better terms than he can get elsewhere he'd sign for them in a second.

the main obstacle to him not signing for celtic is the fact they are unlikely to want him. the guy's stock has sunk dramatically over the last couple of years to the point where him coming back to fir park for a spell isn't that ridiculous any more.

i doubt he would get an epl club after spending almost two full seasons on the sidelines and the last time he was in the championship he was extremely average in brum side that won promotion. he was never a great athlete and there are probably some doubts about whether he can recover fully from that injury. coming back here for 12 months to attempt to prove he can still cut it on the park before moving south isn't that bad an option compared to signing for forest or burnley and slogging it out in the championship.

Fuck sake MJC you are one moaning tit. I think the guy who said Everton are released let's sign him for the Champions league was saying it tongue in cheek and you go off on one light a tit. The phrase McFadden to Motherwell is like a red rag to to a bull to you. Take a couple of prozac and start enjoying life ffs.

Thanks for that. I did just about realise that the particular poster who said that last night was saying it tongue in cheek, but as I said there are Motherwell fans out there who genuinely believe that this is going to happen so yes that is a bit like a red rag to me.

James McFadden, as much as he was a terrific player for us when he was year as a youngster; as much as I don't doubt that he still has a soft spot for the club and may have said, dare I say it, slightly tongue in cheek, that he might come back here one day to some of our supporters or briefly mentioned it in an interview, it just isn't going to happen. The guy has been earning something like £20-25k a week down in England and in football, where money does the talking, that blows any remote glimmer of hope that he will return to Motherwell FC to play his football completely and utterly out of the water.

The only Scottish club he will play for again will be Celtic because firstly, they are the only club who can go anywhere near affording his wages, secondly he and his family are all Celtic supporters so that may well tug on the heart strings and thirdly, Celtic is probably the best place for James McFadden at this stage in his career. He would get regular first team football as well as Champions League experience and Celtic's style of play would suit him perfectly. He would run riot in the SPL so long as he stays injury free.

The only Scottish club he will play for again will be Celtic because firstly, they are the only club who can go anywhere near affording his wages,

he has to prove he deserves those wages.

he was murder in his rare appearances for everton last season and has barely kicked a ball in two years. at the moment no team is going offer him any thing like what he has been earning since he left fir park.

• Like 1

If James McFadden after a long premier league career is never going to come back then why did Brian McLair come back? Played at a higher level and probably didn't earn much less than McFadden despite being in a slightly less over the top money era.

Although no doubt many wish he hadn't bothered given he seemed shot through 2nd time around, but I doubt he came for the final pay day. He came for the reason McFadden might one day resign, to keep on playing and because he presumably had a soft spot for the club where he made his start in the game.

At 29 it isn't going to happen now, don't see it. Not even the lure of CL qualifiers and a short term in the window deal. But 32/33 year old McFadden short on top level offers if he has the hunger to play might well see a year or two at Fir Park as a good way to sign off.

Who knows it is a nice thought, allow yourself to dream MJC. You'll cope with the disappointment if it doesn't happen.

• Like 1

Yes but in Phil O'Donnell's case, he literally hadn't kicked a ball for something like two years and his career was all but finished until Butcher asked him back to train with us for a few months. James McFadden, whilst he's had his injury woes has not suffered nearly the same misfortune as Phil had. Remember, he's still a Scotland Internationalist and has was playing Premiership football last season. James McFadden will not be short of offers this summer. There is no way he's coming back to us.

Faddy will play Lower league football Next season in England. Leugue 1 to Championship then He'll move on again to a bottom 10 EPL side. He'll return to Motherwell in 3 or 4 years.

MJC, your argument that he moves based on wages. Yes, thats the case when you play at top level in your prime but not for a player wanting to repay a club for a Magnificent career. He has said he will end his career at Motherwell, not only to fans but to staff at the club and to the Media.

I think we're back at the stage of hoping for nothing! He won't return in this window or the next but he will return in one of the following few.

(Unless he does sign now in which case, I'll take it back :evilgrin: )

I have to agree with MJC, James McFadden is not coming back to Motherwell anytime soon. No harm in dreaming though. wink.gif

MJC says he's not coming back, you say he's not coming back anytime soon, totally different, if you're gonnae agree wi' sumbdy at least say the same thing :evilgrin::thumbup:

Yes but in Phil O'Donnell's case, he literally hadn't kicked a ball for something like two years and his career was all but finished until Butcher asked him back to train with us for a few months. James McFadden, whilst he's had his injury woes has not suffered nearly the same misfortune as Phil had. Remember, he's still a Scotland Internationalist and has was playing Premiership football last season. James McFadden will not be short of offers this summer. There is no way he's coming back to us.

Let me get this straight, MJC, are you saying that McFadden won't be coming back to us this summer? In the next few years? Or ever?

Only a complete fucking idiot would state flat out that there's no chance of him ever coming back to play for Motherwell.