2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

MOTHERWELL assistant boss Kenny Black has told Steve Jennings that the club need an answer sooner rather than later.

The English central midfielder has been offered a new deal by the Fir Park club but has yet to commit.

However, Well don't want to be hanging around as they look to start their preparations for the new campaign and their Champions League qualifier.

Keith Lasley, Steve Hammell and reserve goalkeeper Lee Hollis have already agreed new deals and Black hopes Jenno will follow in their footsteps.

"At the minute there's no update with Steve, but talks are ongoing and we would hope that something will be finalised before the weekend," said Black.

"We're delighted that we have already secured three of our players on new contracts because we are well underway now with our plans for the season ahead.

"We are hoping for a positive outcome with regards to Steve, but the bottom line is that whatever decision he comes to, we really need to know what it is within the next few days.

"We don't want to be hanging around three weeks from now and wondering what is going on because there is a lot of work for us to get through between now and the start of pre-season training at the end of the month.

"If we need to go and look at other options then ideally we'd want to be doing it sooner rather than later."

Motherwell have been beneficiaries of Rangers' demise this season, with the Fir Park club taking the Ibrox side's European place.

Like Celtic, the third round qualifying tie will be Motherwell's first competitive game of the season, but Black believes they will be ready to hit the ground running.

"We are back on June 28 and we think that is ample time for us to get into gear," said Black.

"It is exciting times for us and I know everyone at the club already has their sights trained on July 20 when we find out just who we will get.

"It is an amazing opportunity for us and one that I think we'll be ready to take."

And the Fir Park assistant also believes that bad boy Chris Humphrey will be quick to learn his lesson this week.

The Well winger was booted out of the Jamaican squad after breaking a curfew and is now banned for two games against Guatemala and Antigua.

However, Black is sure the 24-year-old will be quick to toe the line and he doesn't expect that it will spell the end of his 2014 World Cup aspirations.

He said: "The one thing I would say is that this is totally out of character for Chris. I am reluctant to speak too much about it because I haven't spoken to the lad himself.

"He finished the season pretty strongly for us and I would imagine that this is down to a misunderstanding. I'm certain he will be quick to learn from it."

Sounds like we'll know one way or another soon enough.

I see the Record are punting the idea of McFadden moving to Celtic;

James McFadden has issued a come-and-get-me plea to clubs as he looks to get his career back on the rails.

And the fit-again forward insists he’d have no problem if Celtic were one of the clubs courting him.

Scotland icon Faddy was a victim of politics last October as the then struggling Hoops revealed he was a target on the eve of their agm. But the 29-year-old eventually knocked back a deal he said had too many conditions attached to it and instead re-signed for Everton.

Nine months on though, the winger is over his knee issues, is back in the marketplace, and is open to all offers.

While back in Scotland to do his B Licence at Largs, he told MailSport: “I’d talk to anybody who had anything to offer me.

“I’ve never had a sour taste in my mouth about Celtic.

“Last year I had a chance to sign for Wolves and there was a kind of offer from Celtic but it was not as straightforward as signing a bit of paper.

“It was never a case of them saying they needed a decision, there’s a bit of paper, sign it. It wasn’t as easy as that.

“Everton wanted me, Wolves were pushing at the door and I couldn’t hold off any longer.

“But I’m certainly not too good for anybody or not good enough for anybody either.

“Playing in Scotland wouldn’t faze me. The first choice is the Premier League but if anybody offers me something I’d have to consider it. I want to play at the highest level but ultimately I just want to play football.”

McFadden’s world was turned upside down in September 2010 when a dispute with boss Craig Levein left his Scotland career in limbo – and 10 days later a cruciate injury picked up in training with Birmingham ruled him out of the game completely.

Now though, he insists he’s stronger than ever and believes his eight months with high-flying Everton should be proof of that.

He said: “My knee is in great shape and towards the end of the season I started to feel great.

“It was good to go back and not feel out of place. I enjoyed it.

“I feel I have become a better player for being injured.”

They've even provided the following photo with the article, just to make sure that the message gets across.

89VGU.jpg

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Reynolds back at the club, if his wage request wasn't too much for our budget of course.

We have a history of players leaving us only to return and do quite well...

Reynolds did ok, but I think we need to move on from him, we have equally as good players at the club and on the fringes, never saw anything from him in the sheep colours to show that he had learned anything different by moving to another club(s)., lets give his wages to someone else !!

To the image and reputation of a club legend amongst a lot of 'Well fans...everything.

I would personally be inconsolable if he went there.

losing my job, losing my house, losing a family member or losing a good mate could make me inconsolable but James McFadden joining celtic wouldn't bother me - the guy's got to make a living while he can.

I'd be very disappointed if we did't at least contact Faddy and ask the question, whats the worst that can happen?

However being the first person to sign up for the 'Well Society it would be a massive kick in the teeth for club and majority of our fans if he signed for Celtic.

Personally I think he would sign if we could get a deal together, he's not making any money so anything would be a bonus to him.

*please sign for us Faddy*

rolleyes.gif