2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

I'd be very disappointed if we did't at least contact Faddy and ask the question, whats the worst that can happen?

However being the first person to sign up for the 'Well Society it would be a massive kick in the teeth for club and majority of our fans if he signed for Celtic.

Personally I think he would sign if we could get a deal together, he's not making any money so anything would be a bonus to him.

*please sing for us Faddy*

rolleyes.gif

Any particular song?

So who else should we sign then, rumour mills are really quiet :P

It usually is with McCall. I prefer this way than McGhee talking about his German contacts. From what I've seen/heard McCall is waiting on Jennings which should be resolved shortly. Then if he goes, McCall I imagine will have a list of potential replacements looked out and will go and try and get one. Any money left over after he sings Jennings/replacement will probably go towards a loan player(possibly a defender).

Then that'll be us. However we can't really make moves until Jenno decides and going by Black's comments in the paper we aren't going to wait forever. We don't need major surgery this summer, just tweaking to keep us going much like last summer.

Next summer will be much busier as by my calculations we only have:

Lee Hollis

Stevie Hammell

Shaun Hutchinson

Keith Lasley

Stuart Carswell

Henrik Ojamaa

Signed up beyond next season. Is that right? :lol:

What's Jim Gannon up to these days..?

We don't need major surgery this summer, just tweaking to keep us going much like last summer.

Yes but I do think there is some truth in the idea that squads go stale when you don't add a few new faces each season.

I know we have very little money and we've had to sign up some of the top earners on new contracts but I think it will be to our own detriment if we don't bring in a couple of new signings regardless of the Jennings situation.

Agreed, we need a couple of new faces, look at the difference bringing in OJ did during January window, he was a breath of fresh air and spurred us onto the 3rd place. I know we don't have much money but we must have some flexibility with the players that have left the club and season ticket sales up again. If we dont speculate (within our resources) we may not accumulate. Look at what not bringing in one or two players may have cost the other year against Odense, who knows ?

I'm certtainly not talking about breaking the bank but maybe getting in a seasoned pro like St Mirren did with Stevie Thompson to help the younger ones in the squad.

I know we don't have much money but we must have some flexibility with the players that have left the club and season ticket sales up again. If we dont speculate (within our resources) we may not accumulate.

i agree with you point, but what I think we all need to think about or realise is that...........when the club comes out with these statements, i think there is a bit of spin on it!! (cynical i know!)

just because the numbers are up, doesn't mean the finances are up - how many of these increased STs were actually given away for free??

we really cant expect them to come out and say, ST sales are dreadful! especially when we are trying to encourage folk to buy into the Well Society

it will be interesting to see what happens with Jenno. IMO he is invaluable, BUT we cant wait forever. Someone mentioned a while ago, he re-signed last year on July 1st but that was only because he swapped agents(??) - well time is pressing on now!!

just because the numbers are up, doesn't mean the finances are up - how many of these increased STs were actually given away for free??

That's true... It doesn't always mean finances are up! But in our case, it does!

Finances are up an almost identical amount. This is on the back of prices been completely frozen for the first time in years and people claiming a 'Well Society discount.

There is no spin, I can assure you... We haven't given away any more 'free' Season Tickets this year than we did last.

It should be noted, and Leeann made reference to it in the story; because you are up in May doesn't mean you will be up overall come the end of the selling season which is why we are pushing hard to continue to sell :-)

But is has been encouraging so far....

Ab

• Like 2

Aye, but we haven't sold Randolph, Hutchinson, or Murphy. Yet.

Yeah, that's great, but you'd like to think that with our club going into the Champions League qualifiers for the first time in our history we'd be looking to bring in a few players that may allow us to possibly do something in the Europa League?

Yeah, that's great, but you'd like to think that with our club going into the Champions League qualifiers for the first time in our history we'd be looking to bring in a few players that may allow us to possibly do something in the Europa League?

When we have reported a loss for this season? When the financial security of the Club is the number one priority (and that's not touching on all the 'other' stuff that is going on at the moment)?

What if we fail to get into the group stages of the Europa League after splashing some cash? I'd wager that is a risk that the board won't take.

I appreciate that £200,000 has been slashed off the wage structure. I am not 100% sure either why or how that figure was reached. I'd imagine the loss of Craigan, Clancy, and Forbes and a few other fringe players has covered that. Jennings will either sign on again or he will be replaced (likely imo).

After that there will be one or two loans......and a financially, at this time, stable Club.

Suits me just fine. Gambling on a run at the Group Stages of the Europa League, above and beyond what we have, is not a wise move imo. The core of the squad got us to the position we are in. We need to give them the chance and have faith that they could get us to the Group Stages of the Europa League.

some Motherwell news for a wee change :blush:

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2012/06/14/fir-park-five-promoted-to-u20s-squad/

PlayerPromotionI14062012.jpg

Five of Motherwell’s most talented youngsters have signed professional terms with the club and will form a part of the new Under 20s squad next term.

The five (L-R), Steven Higgins (Motherwell), Fraser Johnston (Strathaven), Dale Shirkie (Mauchline), Morgyn Neil (Motherwell) and Paul McCafferty (Motherwell) were all stand-outs with the Under 17s squad last season and have been promoted for the up-coming season.

And with the SPL’s newest league set to include at least two overage players, Academy Director Gordon Young said: “I am pleased that, once again, we’ve been able to promote from within and these lads have deserved their professional contract.

“All five have been with us for between five and six years and Motherwell have played a large part in their footballing career so far. Two of them are already youth Internationalists so have a degree of experience and playing at a very high standard.

“But it will be a big step up for the lads; the move to the Under 20s with two overage players will bring them face to face with some really experienced professionals but that can only be a positive thing.

“It’s also pleasing to have three of the five are from the Motherwell and surrounding areas , a priority in our scouting network

“I wish the every success in their careers and hope they can establish themselves as future Motherwell players.”

When we have reported a loss for this season? When the financial security of the Club is the number one priority (and that's not touching on all the 'other' stuff that is going on at the moment)?

What if we fail to get into the group stages of the Europa League after splashing some cash? I'd wager that is a risk that the board won't take.

I appreciate that £200,000 has been slashed off the wage structure. I am not 100% sure either why or how that figure was reached. I'd imagine the loss of Craigan, Clancy, and Forbes and a few other fringe players has covered that. Jennings will either sign on again or he will be replaced (likely imo).

After that there will be one or two loans......and a financially, at this time, stable Club.

Suits me just fine. Gambling on a run at the Group Stages of the Europa League, above and beyond what we have, is not a wise move imo. The core of the squad got us to the position we are in. We need to give them the chance and have faith that they could get us to the Group Stages of the Europa League.

At the time, I had big question marks over this also. But it does seem the only guaranteed way of making up a bit of the revenue that will be lost when "The Rangers" aint allowed back for a few year.

Just such a shame it had to happen this season, for our CL debut angry.gif

If Jenno signs up, get 2 more in after that, assuming we dont loose anyone, a would be happy.