2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Keep Clarky as far away from here as possible. I never rated him. Ran about like a headless chicken and had the first touch of a donkey. The 2 good season's he had just before he left were thanks to Chris Porter and McGhee's 4-3-3 system getting the best out of him.

Spot on. No way we should be replacing a midfielder like Jenno with a striker when we currently have Higdon, Murphy, Ojamaa, and McHugh.

I'd be looking at punting Murphy as soon as possible though, as he's one of our sellable assets, and I don't see him improving any further than he has at the moment.

Speaking hypothetically I'd be looking to shift Murphy, and establish a strikeforce of Ojaama, Clarkson and Higdon along with McHugh all competing for the two starting positions.

I'd also be looking to shift Randolph on as well, either this summer or in January.

I'd be looking at punting Murphy as soon as possible though, as he's one of our sellable assets, and I don't see him improving any further than he has at the moment.

Speaking hypothetically I'd be looking to shift Murphy, and establish a strikeforce of Ojaama, Clarkson and Higdon along with McHugh all competing for the two starting positions.

I'd also be looking to shift Randolph on as well, either this summer or in January.

Aye, but until Murphy goes we can't even THINK about bringing anyone in. Secondly, the money we do get for him, based on a previous bid, will likely go straight into the bank with a free agent on low wages or a cheapish loan deal taking his place.

Granted, Clarky currently has no Club but I'd imagine a League 1 or League 2 Club will be interested and with current circumstances we have no chance of keeping up with them.

Three years of Championship level wages offers a level of lifestyle that he won't want to give up either. He won't be in a rush to make a move but he still has plenty of time.

Time will tell but imo we have absolutley no chance of securing Clarkson's services for the 2012-13 season.

Time will tell.

Granted, Clarky currently has no Club but I'd imagine a League 1 or League 2 Club will be interested and with current circumstances we have no chance of keeping up with them.

Three years of Championship level wages offers a level of lifestyle that he won't want to give up either. He won't be in a rush to make a move but he still has plenty of time.

All of those factors will play a part in what he decides to do. All I'm saying is that whilst he has no club I'd offer him what we can, with the main benefit to him being a run in a team that's playing in Europe and a chance to get himself in the shop window again.

It would be up to him to decide if the money is more important than getting your career back on an even keel and looking to establish some match time.

With the squad we have I'd have no real qualms about what he decided to do. If he was willing to take a dip in wages to get himself in the shop window, great. If not, then that's fine as well.

All of those factors will play a part in what he decides to do. All I'm saying is that whilst he has no club I'd offer him what we can, with the main benefit to him being a run in a team that's playing in Europe and a chance to get himself in the shop window again.

It would be up to him to decide if the money is more important than getting your career back on an even keel and looking to establish some match time.

With the squad we have I'd have no real qualms about what he decided to do. If he was willing to take a dip in wages to get himself in the shop window, great. If not, then that's fine as well.

So what do you think we can offer him now? My guess would be heehaw. We are in no position to offer anyone anything substantial right now and if we were it HAS to be towards a guy that would be replacing Jennings. Signing a striker BEFORE we move one out the door isn't exactly the most sound of business strategies espcially given the current financial situation.

Keep Clarky as far away from here as possible. I never rated him. Ran about like a headless chicken and had the first touch of a donkey. The 2 good season's he had just before he left were thanks to Chris Porter and McGhee's 4-3-3 system getting the best out of him.

We didn't play a 4-3-3 formation much in his final season and he did very well then.

So what do you think we can offer him now? My guess would be heehaw. We are in no position to offer anyone anything substantial right now and if we were it HAS to be towards a guy that would be replacing Jennings. Signing a striker BEFORE we move one out the door isn't exactly the most sound of business strategies espcially given the current financial situation.

It may not be the usual type of long-term business that we do, but it goes back to me saying before that we should look to bring someone in for our Champions League & Europa league games that can get the fans excited and who can maybe do something a bit special.

I know Clarkson splits opinion, but he's a quality player in my opinion. Bringing him in for six months or a year would work for me.

Basically, if we can have a cracking league campaign, qualify for the Champions league and still not be able to improve our squad with a quality player (or even find ourselves operating at a loss!) then we need to seriously ask ourselves why we bother trying to finish at the top end of the table.

Basically, if we can have a cracking league campaign, qualify for the Champions league and still not be able to improve our squad with a quality player (or even find ourselves operating at a loss!) then we need to seriously ask ourselves why we bother trying to finish at the top end of the table.

Because if we finished at the bottom end of the table we'd end up with an even bigger operating loss.

This past financial year was problematic for a few reasons, including not selling our mandated player. That put a large dent in the budget which we could likely have managed better if it wasn't for the Rangers debacle.

Now, if we were to be awarded 2nd place money due to the newco situation, we might have a bit more flexibilty, but no point in spending ourselves into a black hole this season.

an idea for getting clarky on board might be to offer him a low wage this season with an increase in the second and third years. even with a budget reduction we will still have a lot of wages freed up next summer.

if we can't do it, we can't do it but the prospect of bringing in a quality centre forward with the club at heart who would be the focal point of our team for 6 or 7 years isn't something that happens often.

clarky is a guaranteed hit for us and will stick with us for years. jenno's would be replacement could well be the next omar daley. i'd take my chances with las, law, hateley and carswell and go for goals.

In my opinion, the addition of Clarkson would be a huge boost. Speaks volumes for the club that yet another of our youth products would want to return (mcfadden and Reynolds have said as much also), not to mention we have retained hammell and lasley.

Hateley and Lasley are likely to fill the holding midfielder void of Jennings. Its likely that Murphy and or Humphrey will leave within the next 2 transfer windows, so would rather have Clarkson to take an attacking role than Daley...who we are not going to get rid of.

i'm sure he's far too level headed to spending everything he's earning. i suspect he will have been saving the majority of his wages. he doesn't seem like the bentley and cristal type anyway.

i'd imagine hammell, las and reynolds were/are the same. quinn is probably skint.

It may not be the usual type of long-term business that we do, but it goes back to me saying before that we should look to bring someone in for our Champions League & Europa league games that can get the fans excited and who can maybe do something a bit special.

I know Clarkson splits opinion, but he's a quality player in my opinion. Bringing him in for six months or a year would work for me.

Aye, its not the type of business we do 'cause it is mental and this season has the potential to gub us financially. Whether he is a quality player not doesn't matter. It is a decision that is purely based on finance and I'm not sure you get that. The Club can't afford him at this moment. They likely won't be able to afford him if they punt Murphy for £200,000. There is no way the Club are going to take a gamble progressing to the lucrative rounds in European competition. Thankfully.

I remember reading on WTFC page after page on thread after thread about how awful David Clarkson was for Motherwell. About no movement, touch, awareness, ability etc etc. Let's be honest, if he played for Aberdeen or Kilmarnock with a goal scoring record like that not a fuck would be given about him. He would be a poor signing and would probably cost a fair bit in wages. Higdon, Ojamaa, Murphy & McHugh will do for me.

Just my opinion, mind.

Craigan, Jennings, Forbes, Clancy and other youngsters off the books - not to mention those contracts offered to lasley hollis and hammell were unlikely to be significant increases. Is the club now trying to save more than the reported 200k that was topsliced from the budget?

Hero Faddy heads back to Fir Park

The former Fir Park favourite is without a club at present and SunSport can reveal he will join up with Stuart McCall’s squad when they report for pre-season training on Thursday.

That could lead to Scotland hero Faddy signing a short-term deal with Champions League-bound Well.

McFadden, 29, was released by Everton in the summer and he is desperate to get back to full fitness and kick-start his career.

He has struggled to make his mark since returning from a cruciate knee injury he suffered playing for Birmingham City in September 2010.

The midfielder, who left Well for Everton for £1.25million in 2003, still hopes to ply his trade down south.

But he has always expressed a desire to one day return to Fir Park.

The club remains close to his heart and if the Well board can come up with a suitable package then a short-term deal WILL be done that would benefit both parties.

It would give McCall a boost to his squad for the Champions League qualifiers and also catapult the 48-times capped McFadden back into the shop window.

Written by Andy Devlin in the Sun...

My link

MJC will be on here in a flash........but I'll believe it when I see it. I think he WILL turn out for us against Everton.......but a competitive fixture I'm not convinced.

My thoughts when I read it too. He's still good friends with Hammell is he not? Therefore I could see him turning out for his testimonial. I could also see him doing some work in pre-season with us(sure he was training with us over Christmas) however I refuse to believe he'll actually sign. Still, it's nice to dream.

Likewise. He was up here last year when he was on crutches, working out at the Fir Park facilities, so it's not unusual for him to be training with the team.

Be surprised to see him play a competitive match, but if he's willing to sign a pay-per-play deal it would certainly get a few more bums on seats.

If I was Stevie Hammell I'd be pestering him like hell to play in the testimonial. That alone would put a good few £ on his earnings. Pretty sure that will happen. Hammell has even made mention on twitter about one or two looking for a game. Whilst jokey it would be a nice touch for Faddy to turn out for a mate in such a 'big' game.