2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

An old saying that is still apt.

Form is temporary class is permanent.

I heard a wee rumour of this a while ago as my extended family is friendly with his wife's family and he wanted to get his op out of the way before deciding on anything. But by all accounts he will do an Ojamma and play for bus fare for a short while to kick start his career again. I think 6 months is very over optimistic by some people tho.

Faddy and the Sheriff up front against Dynamo Kiev at Fir Park.......Im moist!

• Like 3

I thought Faddy was over his injuries now and fully fit?

I don't think he's carrying injuries right now, but with his history of ACL and knee injuries, he's at a high risk of more of the same unfortunately.

Not saying he's not worth a short term punt if he comes cheap, but there is a reason he hasn't been snapped up yet.

If Jenno is replaced it is likely to be by Carswell or Hateley. If it is to be Hateley, this could be the time to thrust young Devlin in at right back. With a couple in-club midfield options available to us - however much we don't like it - I don't see us going elsewhere to replace Jenno.

terms and conditions maybe an issue but if you dont ask you dont get. tell the boy what we can afford and see what he says.

Faddy will know exactly the position we are in. It is nothing new. The fact he is even training with us is a positove - I can easily see him signing a short-term deal, even though he knows he could get more elsewhere. After all, he has just moved to the area, knows the club well, won't take long to fit in etc etc etc. Plus, with Champs Lge Qualifiers he will be playing at a decent level early in the season. Nice big shop window that one.

If there is any wages available then priority has to be a replacement for Jennings. We rarely played well without him once he had established himself and there is nobody capable of replacing him from within the club.

Faddy is dreamland. As is Clarky and Reynolds unless we sell a couple.

His wage would be covered by increased attendance. Down to the great man himself.

So true as well, I could easily see an extra 300 or so bums on seats if Faddy gets involved....not to mention all the new strips bought with his name printed on the back etc

Really hope we offer him something as I really don't think we have much to lose. Whether he would join or not is a different matter but hopefully we give him that option and I'm fairly sure he would love to join us for CL if no offers come in from England.

You'd have been put in the loony bin a couple of years ago if you'd said we'd be playing Champions League football at the 'ark with McFadden in the team and no Rangers in the SPL! :wub:

Why is it every summer we get into a frenzy about signing ex-players? Reynolds will be on 5k a week and will get a chance in England. Quinn will stay down in England. Clarky will probably end up at Carlisle or something. Our fans have got to accept our signings will likely be a loan from England, a League two standard player and a SPL journeyman to boost the numbers and fill the gaps.

These ex-players resigning were unrealistic in the first place and are pretty much impossible with the no to newco and more financial restrictions to the club.

I'd love Faddy back, I really would but seriously guys. It's very unlikely.

1340789383[/url]' post='347243']If he's half decent (and cheap) it doesn't matter who he plays / played for. McCall used to manage Bradford so why not go back down and pick up some bargains if he can

No problem with that outlook, but, to the detriment of our youth system?

I love how a player who hasn't even signed for us and we know nothing about is already getting greeted with a negative response.

In fairness I'm finding it hard to get excited about a 30yr old who's played the majority of his career in League 2 and has only played 20 league games the past two season due to injury. The injuries at his age are a justified cause for concern imo, especially with the size of our squad (and before anyone mentions it, McFadden is a different story :P

There is no doubt we cannot afford Faddy on even what would be termed reasonabl wages and Faddy will clearly want to play at a higher level than us. However.......

he currently has no deal on the table.

he is training with us.

he has a soft spot for the club

playing a couple of champions league/europa league games against decent opposition might just get him the move he is looking for.

True on all counts. He is willing to take a huge pay cut to play for us and, unless a much better offer comes in very quickly, it looks highly likely that he will sign for six months. He is very family orientated and, with his wife and kids having settled up here since last year, he has considerations other than just money that affect his decisions.

Although I would hate to see it, I have to accept that combination of more money and proximity might see him go in January to the only big club left in Glasgow, or even to a club in the north of England, once he has proved his fitness and form with us. However, my claret-and-amber specs make me dream that he will love being back with us so much that he won't be able to tear himself away.

Then again, anything can happen in football, so unless an offer comes out of the blue very soon, I'm just going to make the most of every time I see him back in a Motherwell top. :yahoo: