2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

I think if we knew we could keep hold of Hutchy, then we would have him, Clancy, Saunders and probably Craigan available for centre half next season, so maybe not a requirement for Page.

Saying that, given the offer we accepted for Murphy in the summer, Im not convinced we will be able to keep hold of Hutch, which would then mean it might be quite prudent to sign Page up.

Forbes is a goner, no doubt about it. He has only had one start and one sub appearance (which he was then substituted himself) all season. Great left foot, but can only play in one formation and has very poor pace and fitness. A luxury we neither need nor afford.

If Page gets the chop then I think he can consider himself very unlucky. He hasn't looked out of place at all and unselfishly took a second booking to hold onto a point in his last game. Next season so far Saunders and Hutchinson are the only centre backs signed up. To be honest, I don't think we will offer Craigan a new deal and personally I'm still undecided on Clancy. Can spend most of a game looking assured but is very error prone.

Forbes is 100% on his way, not sure if his decision or the clubs, but he apparently has interest from Romania and USA.

From our point of view, its a shame because he seemed to offer so much at the start of his 1st team career and scored some belting goals, but every time I've seen him since he missed a penalty against Accies I've been highly disappointed in him - just doesnt seem to have the athletic characteristics needed in a modern football player. From his point of view ,he needs a fresh start and the opportunity to play 1st team football week-in, week-out again and a slower standard of football might suit him best.

As for Page, I'm still undecided on him (and it appears McCall is the same), no doubt had a few decent matches none moe so than when he was the elder statesman alongside Cumming, but he's had a few howlers as well QP at home in particular. I would say though that I beleive Craigans time is done and I would prefer to go with Saunders, Hutch and Clancy with Page as the 4th man rather than giving Craggs another year.

From our point of view, its a shame because he seemed to offer so much at the start of his 1st team career and scored some belting goals

Totally agree with this. Forbes has been dire for like a year and a half now, but when he burst onto the scene against Llanelli, Flamutari etc you can not deny he was absolutely immense and looked a real prospect. Him, Hutchy and Slane (c**t) looked to be the future core of our team. It's a real shame it never worked out, and I wouldn't be suprised if he turns out to be to us what Charlie Adam is to the h**s.

Wish him all the best when he does go.

Does that U20 league start next season?

If it does it might allow McCall, if he chooses to do so, to look a little more long term or allow him to hedge his bets when it comes to the central defence.

I don't know what his thinking is but it could allow him to keep the status quo and see how things look this time next year if likes of Page and this years U19 defensive pairing have come on, whilst still retaining the experienced core.

For me though I'd say there's a decision to made sooner or later to between Crags, Page and the 19's guys. There's a balance to be struck between being well covered and blocking the path of up and coming youngsters. If everyone's fit there's going to be quite a few defenders standing behind that dugout.

Does that U20 league start next season?

If it does it might allow McCall, if he chooses to do so, to look a little more long term or allow him to hedge his bets when it comes to the central defence.

I don't know what his thinking is but it could allow him to keep the status quo and see how things look this time next year if likes of Page and this years U19 defensive pairing have come on, whilst still retaining the experienced core.

For me though I'd say there's a decision to made sooner or later to between Crags, Page and the 19's guys. There's a balance to be struck between being well covered and blocking the path of up and coming youngsters. If everyone's fit there's going to be quite a few defenders standing behind that dugout.

That balance Andy might be less balanced than it should normally be due to the chances of us selling Hutch and I would expect Saunders as and when he pushes himself back into the first 11. I would be more inclined to keep more fringe players if it looks like these two won't be around for too long.

I seem to be in a minority here. I think big Page is a cracking defender and he and Hutchie should be our central defence next season never mind the under 20 league. He's good enough to play every week for us. With Hammell at left back Saunders at right back thats a fine defence with probably another keeper cos i can see us cashing in on the excellent Darren Randolph. :thumbup:

I think the under 20s league could be beneficial to Page. Cummins is too old for under 19s now and it could have been between him and Page to get a first team contract, but now he can play under 20s, they could both stay.

Dont know if there will be an age limit but page is 22 .

Page is not as good as Hutch or Craigan. We seem to be forgetting that he has only had one good game for us this season and even then he got sent off. He isn't up to it in my eyes.

it's worth remembering that craigan was a year older than page when he left us to go to partick.

i'd say page right now is at least as good as craggs was when he was 22, probably better. his last two starts have been impressive and i think he has benefited from being in the team as the best option available rather than getting in for a cup game and feeling he has to impress while knowing he'll be dropped for the next game regardless. i've got the impression a few times from page and also mchugh that they are putting themselves under too much pressure when they get a start as they aren't just playing that game they are playing for their career.

I think we will be lucky to keep a hold of hutchy this summer, clubs that have sent scouts to look at murphy, jenno, humph etc must have seen something in Hutchison! Hopefully we could commad a decent fee if that happens though!

If they win their appeal (without liquidation) then I can see it being reduced to january at the most. UEFA have a habit of backing their members with bans or stepping in and doing it themselves if they find merit in it (Half of Macedonia, Spain, Italy and Switzerland have seen Transfer Embargos handed out by their FA or or by UEFA).

If they liquidate then it will last the full 12 months I think.

It also transfers to any NewCo, so if they do start up a new company they can't sign any players, apart from those out of contract or under 18.

Is it not the registration of players they are banned from - except those already registered (so a new contract) or Under 18s?

So, they can't even sign out of contract players?

Was havin a wee look on the saints site to see what they were saying about yesterday and saw this ,more than likely a load of rubbish but here it is anyway

Rumour that MacKay has signed pre contract agreement with Motherwell and that's why he did not play. No idea how true that is.

Said on the wireless he was injured by the way.