2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Strange that Messi is not mentioned in the previous posts.

Not exactly a giant is he.

Similarly some of the spanish players are more similar to Messi than they are to the physical speedy players you see in the EPL.

There is a need for all sorts in the game but I see no reason why our lads cannot mature and develop to be as good as those from other nations. It would seem that our lads are not achieving this and to be honest I am not really sure why that is............apparently the people running the game are also still searching for the answer.

Youth football in this country is all wrong. Each Region has different rules and ways of doing things, although Wotte and his boys are trying to change. Some (including clubs) just don't think it is needed.

How often have you heard the "will need to bulk up", "too light-weight" and by god, if we ever had someone do what players and Xavi, Pirlo etc. did they'd be lynched and labelled "back-pass", "side-ways" and "crab"

I'll never forget an interview with Billy Stark in which he said that Xavi and Iniesta would never have made it if they were Scottish, as they would have been punted early doors because of their size.

We don't really create too many messi or xavi in this country either though! I agree and was annoyed when people say bannan can't play in the centre for scotland because he is too small! I also agree that this lump it forward culture has to end and well have been at the forefront of this with mcall and gannon!

But we are not creating players like balotelli or drogba with pace and power we seem to be stuck with the likes of Lenny millar who work hard but are pretty low quality!

But back to well I think we could get foreigners cheaper than English Players who would also be of a higher quality!

Strange that Messi is not mentioned in the previous posts.

Not exactly a giant is he.

Similarly some of the spanish players are more similar to Messi than they are to the physical speedy players you see in the EPL.

There is a need for all sorts in the game but I see no reason why our lads cannot mature and develop to be as good as those from other nations. It would seem that our lads are not achieving this and to be honest I am not really sure why that is............apparently the people running the game are also still searching for the answer.

Good point sir.

IMHO and that of many people involved in football (I'm not BTW) the problem seems to be with a lack of 'hours on the ball' when the kids are developing.

As I suggested in my post this is down to various factors; facilities and time available for training being foremost.

The countries who are more successful in producing top players all have systems in place where far more time is spent developing technique and skill. Tactics etc come later.

A quick look at results down the years will show Scottish teams always do well until U/21 level then things start balancing out, before we get to senior level where we just can't compete.

We as a nation can bring in players from Brazil to Spain, it will not improve our players because the damage is already done. There is also the financial element, in as much as Scottish football is bankrupt therefore the foreigners probably wouldn't even be 2nd rate. More time dedicated to training with an emphasis on ballwork is required. This means SPL., SFL, SFA, etc etc down to schools buying into a system where time is made for the boys to develop their skills. (I would advocate this for all sports in Scotland).

M'well have been lucky recently with both C. McCart and G. Young who are both proactive and forward thinking coaches. Both realised the importance of the foregoing and have had the cajones to carry out their plans within the obvious constraints at the club.

I also agree that this lump it forward culture has to end and well have been at the forefront of this with mcall and gannon!

Ermmm... I could have sworn I witnessed more than the odd one or two high punts up the pitch to Higdon last season. Happened on a regular basis actually and was quite brutal to watch at times.

Ermmm... I could have sworn I witnessed more than the odd one or two high punts up the pitch to Higdon last season. Happened on a regular basis actually and was quite brutal to watch at times.

NOOO THE HIGDON SYSTEM IS INFALLIBLE!

I'm amazed at how many people omit Ojamaa from our starting line up. He's arguably our most creative and mobile player.

Ojamma is next years boo boy target

"Direct question to the members of the board of SteelmenOnline"

Do any of you intend to judge Ojamma on his performances on the pitch for better or for worse or just automatically elevate him to demigod status on the basis of a game against Morton and a couple of goals into Peter Enckleman

My season ticket is sitting here and im just waiting on the answer before deciding whether or not to return it for a refund and eat my 'Well Society membership with chips for my dinner.

• Like 1

I enjoyed us against rangers last year with ojaama and murphy up top! Looked creative, think ojaama is quality (for us) hard working and the sort of player to get u off it seat no he is not perfect but what perfect player have we ever had! Higdon did well but he would be used like "Carroll" for me bringing him on of plan a is not working!

Do any of you intend to judge Ojamma on his performances on the pitch for better or for worse or just automatically elevate him to demigod status on the basis of a game against Morton and a couple of goals into Peter Enckleman

My season ticket is sitting here and im just waiting on the answer before deciding whether or not to return it for a refund and eat my 'Well Society membership with chips for my dinner.

Ma fan club stalker c**t is back

Cheers ML1 - ya c**t

1341160347[/url]' post='348049']

laugh1.gif

Pretty disappointing about Jennings, but we shouldn't be too surprised I suppose. Finding a replacement for him should be a priority rather than another defender surely?

i think all those statements made from mccall about a centre half (Ramsden and now Kerr) clearly indicate that Hateley will be playing midfield. I liked him in there under Gannon (part of a 3 man midfield) but under McCall, or anyone else when we are playing 2 central midfielders, he does not cut it. Neither does Law. More so than anything, I think that speak volumes for how well Lasley and Jenno played together and how much work the two of them put in

theres a difference between playing a long pass and a hoof it/punt it/launch it up the park scenario - Higdon is not going to chase balls into the corner, however if a pass, long or short, is played into his feet or chest - we benefitted and played nice football, Christ, he won plenty of knock ons - just s shame that no one ever took a gamble!

Hopefully this season Henrik will have been cured from the bad case of Kevin McBride Syndrome he had last season.

im hoping he gets off to a flyer in dingwall, get his confidence up early and hopefully we can reap the rewards!!

Lee mculloch will be playing for gers next year in any division! I would be annoyed (and surprised) if we got him in a he would be a large wage and a poor player!

Higdon does good work and was very good when ojaama played last year! Has u saw when he flicks it on not enough players near him but he also has the problem of not being quick enough to get involved in play again!

So he is either a target man or a poacher and not both! As I said he is a good option and we need him in the squad I personnel would prefer murphy ojaama to be out starters but gives us good options!