2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Birmingham made a derisory bid for Mcfadden earlier in the week now their embargo has been lifted. He still would rather play south but i'm hoping once Rangers are sorted out we can sign him on a short term deal.No decent offers to him so far so come on well you would recoup of the sales of shirts for just giving him a 6 month contract.

Birmingham made a derisory bid for Mcfadden earlier in the week now their embargo has been lifted. He still would rather play south but i'm hoping once Rangers are sorted out we can sign him on a short term deal.No decent offers to him so far so come on well you would recoup of the sales of shirts for just giving him a 6 month contract.

Birmingham's derisory bid will still be able to utterly humilate ours though. Still no chance of this happenning this summer......imo :evilgrin:

I think Carswell, like any youngster, needs a run of games before you can properly judge him. I personally think he's shown enough in certain games to show he's a future at Motherwell and I can see why McCall gave him a 2 year deal. Anyone who was at his debut at Tynecastle will tell you for a 17 year old boy he was very impressive, rarely put a foot out of place and the biggest compliment you could pay him is you couldn't tell he was young lad making his debut. Was calm, composed won plenty of tackles and kept it nice and simple.

This last season he's made four starts. Four! With half a dozen sub appearances thrown in and people are judging him. He's still only 18 for fuck sake! He's a boy. Still plenty of time for him to grow and develop on several promising showings. His most notable this season for me was the game against Aberdeen in the league in March. I thought he was outstanding alongside Jennings. Won every tackle, got from box to box(even went beyond the strikers to get into the box which is something we've no had from a centre mid in years), kept possesion and recycled the ball and even manged a few shots on goal and was unlucky not to score. Showed plenty in that game that he could be a good player.

He's had a few poor showings I'll grant you but what people seem to forget is he's only 18 and he's made about 20 first team appearances(most from the bench). That's no time to write a boy off, he's got plenty to learn but he's got time on his side and McCall clearly sees plenty of raw potential. Let's wait until he's had a full season under his belt and then see what he's all about.

The one good thing about this 'cash crisis' is that boys like Carswell and to a greater extent the likes Page and McHugh who have shown some potential will get more of chance this season.

One of the best posts on here for a long time, we will all be cheering Andy Murray if he makes the final tomorrow and it's the same with all sportsmen, they mature with age and experience. I support our youth coming through, the way we will survive.

A wee add on to the out section if any one is interested the young lad McKinnon is on trial with dutch first division Verndaam playing Ajax in a bounce game apparently good luck to the lad looking outside the box a bit than just dropping down the divisions! Source twitter btw

I had to laugh..."Aberdeen manager Craig Brown was also reported to be keen on the 27-year-old, but made no offer." laugh.gif

A good move for him..... and to be fare its about his level down here!

Salary level, maybe, but he would have plenty to offer a Championship team (or better).

He was a great player for Motherwell, but league one is a better standard than the SPL (In Part) and the Championship would be a step to far for Jenno coming from the SPL.

Coventry City is a great move for him, Jennoe in my opinion does not have the passing attributes to make it in the Championship, lacks pace. But has one hell of an engine, but like i said last season, the lower Leagues in England are a wash with players with good engines, Championship teams, are looking for players who will sneak few goals, and has the ability to split defences with pin point passes, which unfortunately Jennoe lacks.

Good player, Motherwell will miss him.

He was a great player for Motherwell, but league one is a better standard than the SPL (In Part) and the Championship would be a step to far for Jenno coming from the SPL.

I watched the Championship regularly when I was working in Ipswich. While there are usually a few good teams near the top, there were plenty of teams in the lower half that would struggle in the SPL.

League One is a step below that.

I watched the Championship regularly when I was working in Ipswich. While there are usually a few good teams near the top, there were plenty of teams in the lower half that would struggle in the SPL.

League One is a step below that.

... I reckon Nine teams he would have a chance of being first choice, teams Highlighted in my opinion would have better players available than Jennoe.

Bournemouth 00Brentford

000Bury 000Carlisle 000Colchester 000Coventry 000Crawley 000Crewe 000Doncaster 000Hartlepool 000Leyton Orient 000MK Dons 000Notts County 000Oldham 000Portsmouth 000Preston 000Scunthorpe 000Sheff Utd 000Shrewsbury 000Stevenage 000Swindon 00Tranmere Walsall

Coventry City is a great move for him, Jennoe in my opinion does not have the passing attributes to make it in the Championship, lacks pace. But has one hell of an engine, but like i said last season, the lower Leagues in England are a wash with players with good engines, Championship teams, are looking for players who will sneak few goals, and has the ability to split defences with pin point passes, which unfortunately Jennoe lacks.

Good player, Motherwell will miss him.

The only word to describe this is... nonsense

I was one of jennos biggest fans but like dazzer I don't think he is good enough for the championship. I genuinely believe a lot on here underestimate the quality of the teams below the premiership.

Dean Sheils couldn't get in the 16 for the team who finished rock bottom of the championship and would be considered a first team regular for any team in Scotland out with of Celtic. Teams like Doncaster have 3 or 4 midfielders who would walk straight in to our first team.

Lasley in comparison was not good enough to play regularly in midfield in his prime in the championship and if memory serves me correctly couldn't get a game in midfield for Blackpool on loan who were then in the third tier.

So a sense of perspective is required. Players get paid more in the championship because they are better simples. Just have a look around to see where spl are targeting their signings- cast off from league 1 and lower

• Like 1

So a sense of perspective is required. Players get paid more in the championship because they are better simples. Just have a look around to see where spl are targeting their signings- cast off from league 1 and lower

If McArthur can get a game with Wigan, then Jennings can cut it with a number of Championship teams. Not a slight on McArthur, I just don't think his performance were better than Jennings performances.

When I lived in Gloucestershire I got to watch Birmingham, West Brom, Swindon and Bristol Rovers/City on a weekly basis. Then moved to Suffolk and watched Ipswich, Norwich and Colchester every week.

There was plenty of highly paid dross on offer across all those leagues. I'll take some convincing that teams like Walsall are better than Dundee Utd or Hearts.

... I reckon Nine teams he would have a chance of being first choice, teams Highlighted in my opinion would have better players available than Jennoe.

Bournemouth 00Brentford

000Bury 000Carlisle 000Colchester 000Coventry 000Crawley 000Crewe 000Doncaster 000Hartlepool 000Leyton Orient 000MK Dons 000Notts County 000Oldham 000Portsmouth 000Preston 000Scunthorpe 000Sheff Utd 000Shrewsbury 000Stevenage 000Swindon 00Tranmere Walsall

well the portsmouth part is a load of shite laugh1.gif

I know easily 6 or 7 pompey fans over here than admit Motherwell would trounce them these days

I was one of jennos biggest fans but like dazzer I don't think he is good enough for the championship. I genuinely believe a lot on here underestimate the quality of the teams below the premiership.

Dean Sheils couldn't get in the 16 for the team who finished rock bottom of the championship and would be considered a first team regular for any team in Scotland out with of Celtic. Teams like Doncaster have 3 or 4 midfielders who would walk straight in to our first team.

Lasley in comparison was not good enough to play regularly in midfield in his prime in the championship and if memory serves me correctly couldn't get a game in midfield for Blackpool on loan who were then in the third tier.

:offtopic:

You offer no balance though.

What about Vaz Te, couldn't kick his own arse at Hibs managing only one goal in 10 games. Signs for Barnsley, scores goals for fun in the Championship and won himself a six figure move move to West Ham where he scores the winner in the play-off final. He's now a Premiership player.

Whilst we're on play-offs what about Stephen Dobbie. Failed at Rangers, Hibs, St.Johnstone and as late as 2007 found himself playing for Dumbarton in the Scottish Third division. He's played in the last three Championship play-off finals and is considered a 'top championship player'.

Jason Scotland never set the SPL on fire. Yet he was one of the top marksman in League 1 & the Championship and won himself a multi million pound move to Wigan.

Yes you could throw some more names at me who done well in the SPL but failed to make it down south. And I could come back with some more who flopped here and done well down there etc. It's almost impossible to compare two leagues, there are too many variables.

Back on topic, we won't be signing anyone until the whole farce around Scottish football is resolved. Good luck to Jenno, I imagine the whole betting thing has put a few teams off.

• Like 2