2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

To be honset, he is at Portland timbers now and is on fire I believe. Although you could argue against the MLS in standard, a lot of their players would tear up the SPL. Boyd being one. He sat on the bench at middlesbrough.

Jenno, will be a good player in the championship. He'll adapt to the different style of play quite nicely. The fact that it's league 1 coventry he's going to, makes it all the better for him.

As for the bits about jenno's contract, I saw on twitter that Jennings didn't know the club had withdrawn. I think it may have been from his own account as well, I seem to recall him saying he wanted to stay...

because their teams can afford the likes of Beckham, Henry, nesta, etc

To be honset, he is at Portland timbers now and is on fire I believe. Although you could argue against the MLS in standard, a lot of their players would tear up the SPL. Boyd being one. He sat on the bench at middlesbrough.

Jenno, will be a good player in the championship. He'll adapt to the different style of play quite nicely. The fact that it's league 1 coventry he's going to, makes it all the better for him.

As for the bits about jenno's contract, I saw on twitter that Jennings didn't know the club had withdrawn. I think it may have been from his own account as well, I seem to recall him saying he wanted to stay...

All the coverage I read re Spencer's departure from Portland suggested Boyd has been on the bench there in recent weeks. He is their "Designated Player" and as such on serious $$$. All the talk has been re finding a replacement for Spencer who'd get the best out of him.

With Jennings departure, will we see Hateley move into Centre Mid and Saunders back in at Right Back??

I would doubt that personally, I'd imagine that Saunders and Hutch will start as the defensive pairing at the back, with Page (and Cummins) as back up for that position. Hateley is our right back as far as I'm concerned, and the way I see it is that McCall either needs to sign a centre-midfielder to play alongside Lasley, move Law into the middle (which would worry me to be honest for a couple of reasons) or promote one of the youngsters ie Carswell or Hetherington to a more prominent 1st team role. I think he'll go with Law in the middle though.......

1341999702[/url]' post='349569']

I would doubt that personally, I'd imagine that Saunders and Hutch will start as the defensive pairing at the back, with Page (and Cummins) as back up for that position. Hateley is our right back as far as I'm concerned, and the way I see it is that McCall either needs to sign a centre-midfielder to play alongside Lasley, move Law into the middle (which would worry me to be honest for a couple of reasons) or promote one of the youngsters ie Carswell or Hetherington to a more prominent 1st team role. I think he'll go with Law in the middle though.......

Well, today's Daily Rebel/Ranger has Mr McCall as saying "I look at Steven Saunders and still believe at this stage of his career and development that he would make a better right-back"...

Well, today's Daily Rebel/Ranger has Mr McCall as saying "I look at Steven Saunders and still believe at this stage of his career and development that he would make a better right-back"...

He might think he's a better full back than centre-half but that doesnt necessarily mean that he will play him there given his lack of options in the middle of defence

That is a direct quote from McCall's MFC TV interview. Makes it sounds like he is looking at Hateley as a midfield option.

Got to trust McCall with his history in the transfer market but I was hoping for something a bit more exciting than a league 2 journey man and also worry of Hateley in midfield all season I would rather sign a midfielder to replace Jenno and get a defender in on loan

Got to trust McCall with his history in the transfer market but I was hoping for something a bit more exciting than a league 2 journey man and also worry of Hateley in midfield all season I would rather sign a midfielder to replace Jenno and get a defender in on loan

Like most SPL bosses, his hands are likely tied until everyone knows what is happening with the Sevco debacle.

I imagine Hately will be in midfield this year. In a three alongside Law and Lasley. Carswell as back up.

I hope he is looking at Ramsden as a CB as I would prefer to see Saunders and young Devlin being developed at RB. I'm sure Saturday will be a good indication of what SMc intentions will be.

i think you are right John - my concern with that is hateley, has always performed better at RB than he has in CM............however, under Gannon, he always came deep and looked to pass the ball from the back rather than the GK launching it up the park. That said, it was always 3 in the middle. I'm more comfortable with him playing in a 3, than a 2.

the downside with playing 3 in the middle is that it leaves Higdon isolated upfront himself - and that was torture last season. Higdon plays a million times better with a partner

the downside with playing 3 in the middle is that it leaves Higdon isolated upfront himself - and that was torture last season. Higdon plays a million times better with a partner

But if by playing 3 in the middle we can push our wingers further up then they should be getting close to higgo when attacking.

I don't think playing a 4-5-1 to accomodate Hateley would be a good idea to be honest. Higdon plays far better upfront with a partner and although I think Law has all the attributes to be a fine creative central midfielder, strangely I think he performs much better on the left.

I do fully expect a midfield duo of Lasley and Hateley right enough. From all the hinting from McCall's interviews on MFCTV he sounds like he would like to play Saunders right back this season and Devlin is obviously emerging.

Although if Hutchy isn't fit for the Champions League it will need to be Saunders and Page at centre back as even Cummins is still recovering from an injury.

We keep hearing about Devlin "emerging" but how close is he actually to the first team? Can anyone who watches the youth teams regularly provide an opinion on the player from that squad that might be looking to make the step up this season?

He didn't, but was highly impressive on loan at Stenhousemuir.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he is the next Cafu or anything- but of the under 20s he seems to be rated as highly as anyone and the way our squad looks just now I can imagine we will see a lot of the under 20s this season.

Fritz (Onthefringes) watched the 19s quite a few times last season so he may be best placed to tell us who we can expect to be in the first team squad this year.

I would've thought we would've heard more about Jennings leaving from the club or even the player himself? I really haven't liked the look of Hateley in midfield anytime he's played there and it certainly isn't worth shifting half the team around to accommodate.