2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

I think you can label it, as near as dammit match rigging if its known that the players used to win the match were not paid for and all associated costs were not being paid and then no action/punishment was taken which is what Steelboy suggests by just letting them finish second at our loss and then retain their position in the league and survive after being found out

eDIT but aye, doubt we'll see much movement until the league payments are sorted or if we're lucky in europe

I have no problem with that, but match rigging was the original point. Maybe I lost something in translation.:thumbup:

Getting back on topic, doesn't look likely there will be many 'ins', think the CLQ will go a long way to determining the 'outs'.

Dont worry about it, Diggles got a hard-on for Rangers.

Yes, they got up to all manner of questionable practices& Diggle is correct about the non payment for players etc, but to use 'match rigging' as the description for this is just internet bampot territory.

Thats not to say that Im not disgusted by them winning matches& titles with players they havent paid for, i just dont think the term match rigging is appropriate in that situation.

I do. If that's not rigging the game to your own benefit then fuck knows what is. Not saying they bribed officials - except maybe that c**t that ruled out Forbes' goal, ha ha - or offered players of other teams cash to throw games but, clearly, the field was far from level thanks to their deliberate actions and I think that is the point Steve Diggle is driving at.

Nobody knows what the eventual outcome will be.

The club expect to lose several hundred 000 £'s for Rangers being out the SPL, from hospitality and the 2 home games we would ordinarily budget for. We can survive that with the help of 2 home Euro ties (probably only 2) and the fact we have made no signings and got rid of 10 players.

But if SKY re-nogotiate anything like to the level that Regan and Doncaster have been forecasting, then a handful of clubs in the SPL will be facing administration and one of those clubs could be Motherwell. We have the Well Society money and that + extra pledges from fans may see us to the end of this season.

My hope is that Sky stick with what is on the table and we move on. If they reduce the deal then only by a small %, so that a more equitable distribution amongst the SPL mean any more reductions in income can be kept to a minimum.

Sadly right now Sky + ESPN are calling the shots. It is annoying and depressing, but my hope is the damage to their brand and subscription numbers north of the border will mean they will take a pragmatic view.

Nice to see someone actually understands what is going on right now.

In the end this will come down to numbers that only Sky know about. How much is Scottish football worth to them without OF matches or Rangers generally? I have no idea what kind of audience figures and advertising revenue a St. Johnstone v Kilmarnock live match draws in but I can't imagine it's a great deal.

Perhaps it will come down to PR, Sky won't want to go down as the destroyer of professional football in Scotland, and it might be in it's long term interests to a) keep involved in Scottish football, after all Rangers will be back eventually, and b) to finance the current league to a level that it provides a degree of quality for its television audience.

Alternatively they may just make a cut throat business decision and say "the SPL isn't worth it without Rangers".

That's how Dundee will get in, a Tayside derby will be much more marketable than anything Dunfermline have to offer.

I'd agree with that. Being able to offer Sky Edinburgh, Highland and Dundee derbies might not be a generator of huge funds but it's better than nothing.

Maybe we can try and use one of the many other Newco/Rangers threads for discussing that subject and get this thread back to us moaning about our lack of transfer activity?

Every time I log on and see this thread has been bumped I get the fear that one of our few first team regulars has been punted, only to see chat about Dundee and Sky TV deals. I'm not sure how much my heart can take to be honest :cry:

OK. I'm going to bring it up again, but I believe Motherwell should speculate by offering James McFadden a years contract at a nominal sum, say £1k per week. With a clause in it that if he shows he has what it takes for an english club to come in for him at Christmas, he can move on for a nominal sum, say £200k at that time. I think that having him in our squad would create extra interest in season tickets and could be more than self financing, especially if he could produce anywhere near what he did in the past, and may even be that little extra push that get's us further in Europe than we might expect. Any thoughts.

• Like 2

I agree yosemite. McFadden playing for Motherwell could/would put an extra 1000 people in the stands at Fir Park every game and would essentially pay his wages. It's not going to happen though as we're apparently absolutely skint and won't risk anything.

I agree yosemite. McFadden playing for Motherwell could/would put an extra 1000 people in the stands at Fir Park every game and would essentially pay his wages.

Unless he regained all his previous Motherwell form and a bit more, I fear that a couple of hundred extra people for a few weeks until the novelty wore off would be nearer the mark.

Unless he regained all his previous Motherwell form and a bit more, I fear that a couple of hundred extra people for a few weeks until the novelty wore off would be nearer the mark.

Even if he regains his previous form there is no chance that 1000 extra people will turn up to see him. The guy was a great player for us and moved on with great expectations that, through injury, he failed to live up to. 100 to 200 is the max that would be moved to return to FP to see him and even at that most of them would stop coming after a few weeks.

If the money was available to sign him I'd say go for it but its not so lets just leave it - please!

I am all for being positive but motherwell are as well offering 100 pounds a week he will be a millionaire and will prob get 10-15 k per week down south! If he doesn't get a club down south or abroad I would hope he would sign a short term deal for us for peanuts (for him)

But that is so unlikely IMO

I would speculate that we could offer Faddy £2k per week until the end of the season (£90k-ish). I'd fire a clause in the contract that states he could sign for any club who offered us that £90k sum.. It means that we'd get half a season out of him and make a small profit even before any extra numbers on the gate and shirt sales are taken into account.

• Like 1

all we need is an extra £2500 a week income then to cover his £2k

easy :huh:

oh and the extra unknown amount that we already might come up short

I am sure jennings was on a decent wage...use that cash to offer Faddy a short term deal

• Like 1

Was Jennings contract offer not withdrawn when it was realised the h**s would no longer be in the spl?

Still haven't heard a peep from Jennings about his departure. He with with us for 3 years and enjoyed relative success.

Personally I'm a bit hurt to be honest.

• Like 1

Was Jennings contract offer not withdrawn when it was realised the h**s would no longer be in the spl?

Still haven't heard a peep from Jennings about his departure. He with with us for 3 years and enjoyed relative success.

Personally I'm a bit hurt to be honest.

:huh: