Hearts Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

It's over imo. Dun Utd need to beat the top three placed teams in the league in less than a fortnight. Nah, I just don't see it. Houston looked a broken man on the tele.

I think they will take something from the next two games but not maximum points.

Could be over this time tomorrow. I hope it is as Ibrox will be even more fun :lol:

There really are no words to describe just how fantastic that result tonight was. To go to Tynecastle is never easy but to go there and win in such a massive match is incredible and to think that we are now within touching distance of the Champions League. A lot of work is still to be done though but that was an absolutely massive step toward it tonight.

Well done Stuart McCall and the boys tonight. :cheers:

Phenomenal stuff Not a classic tonight by any means, but the team dug in, took their chance and defended resolutely to a man. Great stuff, if a little nervy a times but celebrating tonight. Don't see Utd winning all 3 games!

From a free-scoring, attacking performance to a dogged defensive display, we've seen the best of our team in the last 2 weeks, and we should all be thankful to be a part of this event. The first EVER Motherwell team to participate in the Champion's League (provided Utd can't make up the gap - if they do, hats off).

History in the making folks...enjoy!

#letsalldothehiggy

A great perfomance from the team tonight and a fanstic atmosphere. A good all round team performance and it was significant that Randy hardly had a save to make. Higgy's rapport with the crowd near the end was something to behold. He deserved it after his well taken goal.

Have to disagree with a few posters about Brian Winter - whilst he got no major decisions wrong he got quite a few minor ones wrong. Two absurd fouls on Chris Humphrey went unpunished and a few Hearts players were guilty of diving. Mr Winter's control of free kicks was laughable - Hearts took them wherever they fancied.

Still it was a great night and ahuge result but we have achieved nothing yet. The champagne is on ice.

Also big thanks to the bloke who handed out the complimentary tickets to me and a few compadres.

Zero £'s to watch us (hopefully) qualify for the Champions league. I am away to bed with the memories of a great night to help me get off to the land of nod :cheers:

Och well I will just watch the higlights one more time :rolleyes:

Stilll awake and have seen the goal on the tv now..... it just me or was big higgy as cool as he looked after he finished it when he sauntered twds the camera.......or was it a bit lucky!!! ( if so who cares!).

No luck involved from what I saw. Higgy has a great touch and he has scored a few goals by passing them into the back of the net.

Couldnt make it last night, as I was coaching the boys fitba' team and had to make do with wacthing it on Sky when I got in, it wasnt pretty but what a fantastic result, the lads worked their socks off and each and every one of them was disciplined in the job they were set out to do - I though Humphrey was dynamite on Saturday but today he showed a real work ethic that Omar Daley could learn a thing or two from, he gave Hateley real support all night and even filled in at full-back a couple of times when Tom ventured forward. Lasley and Jennings though are the lynchpin of the team and it comes as no surprise to me that we have won the last two games with them back together in the side. From Randolph right through to Higdon, nobody let us down. Well Done Motherwell.

I thought Humphrey was dynamite on Saturday but today he showed a real work ethic that Omar Daley could learn a thing or two from, he gave Hateley real support all night and even filled in at full-back a couple of times when Tom ventured forward.

Totally agree. Humphrey has shown a much greater awareness in recent weeks when he loses the ball and last night his discipline and work ethic were incredible. Possibly to the detriment of his attacking game but thats the balance you have to strike sometimes.

Couldnt believe it when McCall brought Daley on and was screaming at the TV for him to take it in the corners and then to track back when he lost it.

All's 'Well that ends 'Well though and hopefully the coaching staff will keep working away with Omar the way they have with the Humph!

• Like 1

Outstanding result and now on the verge of an incredible achievement!

However can Stuart McCall please refrain from his patter that we could be in Champions League by "default"!His old club have broken rules and rightly been punished,MFC have done everything by the book,if that means champions league entry then fantastic.

However can Stuart McCall please refrain from his patter that we could be in Champions League by "default"!His old club have broken rules and rightly been punished,MFC have done everything by the book,if that means champions league entry then fantastic.

Heard that this morning too & totally agree. Stuart McCall works for us now, his loyalties are to us & his 'default' comments adds yet more weight to the argument that we lie down to Rangers because of who our manager is. We haven't cheated to finish where we are, please remember who pays the wages Mr McCall

I think all he was trying to say was that it's finishing 3rd that is a great achievement regardless of whether the reward for that is Europa Cup or Champions League.

I think all he was trying to say was that it's finishing 3rd that is a great achievement regardless of whether the reward for that is Europa Cup or Champions League.

That's what I took from it too.

Fantastic result under any normal circumstance but even more so last night with what was at stake. I questioned the players mental strength and they have answered that in the best possible way. Please forgive me!!

The promised land is now so close we can almost touch it! Surely Utd won't win their next two games?

Absolutely delighted with last night's win that has all but guaranteed 3rd place and Champions League fitba! It was a far from swashbucking display, but the team work and effort from everyone was immense, and it was a deserved three points.

Chuffed for big Higgy for his goal, and his best scoring season of his career to date. He's taken some extreme pelters this season, but his goals speak for themselves.

Overall its been a great season, we've been in the Top Three for all but ten days of the season, so no-one can argue that we deserve this accolade. Indeed if United take a point tonight we can draw level with Gers if we beat them on Saturday, a tall order I admit!

Whatever happens, its been brilliant.