Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

Straight question to the board.

Rangers newco in the SPL? Yay or nay?

Can you give us an indication where you stand with that right now please?

I've seen the 2012/13 season ticket website announcement, I'm awaiting my renewal letter, I've got the cash in hand. I'm just waiting on that final piece of information.

• Like 9

I've seen the 2012/13 season ticket website announcement, I'm awaiting my renewal letter, I've got the cash in hand. I'm just waiting on that final piece of information.

+1

Don't suppose our 'Well Society vote means anything at this moment in time?

• Like 1

i would love to see a "Leeann Dempster" reply in here, but I very much doubt it!!!!

However, I do think its an important question that needs answered. Maybe if people hold off on the season ticket front, and sales dont go as expected then the club might be forthcoming with information.

However if the club do announce that they wont be voting them in - maybe Sandy Jardine and his army of buns might do something bad to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any circumstance which any of you would accept that allowed a newco straight into the SPL?

eg would folk be happy if the voting system changed, tv money was more evenly split, gate reciepts were split 75% - 25% and newco were to have points deducted for 1,2 or 3 seasons?

Personally, if newco walking into the SPL without any changes, I'd walk away but if at least the 1st three of the above were met and possibly a 1 year points deduction, then if I thought the scottish game would be more competetive and fair I'd stay.

Is there any circumstance which any of you would accept that allowed a newco straight into the SPL?

eg would folk be happy if the voting system changed, tv money was more evenly split, gate reciepts were split 75% - 25% and newco were to have points deducted for 1,2 or 3 seasons?

Personally, if newco walking into the SPL without any changes, I'd walk away but if at least the 1st three of the above were met and possibly a 1 year points deduction, then if I thought the scottish game would be more competetive and fair I'd stay.

The thing is the circumstances mentioned the first two WOULD happen if the Newco was not allowed into the SPL, they don't need to be conditions. It would then follow that the other ones could follow on if the other clubs wanted them.

So to answer your question - No

The thing for me is it's not the debt or the going into administration. That could happen to anyone.

It's the decades of systematic cheating with player contracts and tax avoidance to gain a competitive advantage.

Allegedly of course.

The thing for me is it's not the debt or the going into administration. That could happen to anyone.

It's the decades of systematic cheating with player contracts and tax avoidance to gain a competitive advantage.

Allegedly of course.

And it's the 'allegedly' that is one of the issues.

What if Rangers form newco in June and are voted back into the SPL and subsequently found not guilty of any tax avoidance or player contract fiddling?

Are people OK with that?

Part of the problem is that the SFA and SPL know the answer to part of that but are waiting for HMRC to provide them an 'excuse' to act.

I even think Rangers have conceded that in terms of the tax case they're goosed.

I agree with that. My problem is that all this newco malarky (if it happens) will take place long before we hear the out come of the tax cases in particular. It's such a mess right now, I'm not sure what my preferred sanctions would be. If the SPL is serious about multiple year point deductions, stripping of 75% of revenues, change of voting structure, and maybe revocation of a Euro license for 2 or 3 years, I could live with that *if* administration/newco was all we were dealing with.

If it is shown that there was years (or decades) of systematic cheating, I'd want newco kicked out the league.

• Like 2

If the opportunity to completely revamp the SPL to make it a fairer playing field with more equality amongst the clubs is taken, then I've already said I'd take those factors into consideration when making my decision. However, those changes would need to be huge.

If that isn't the case, then I will attend Scottiish Cup, League Cup and European games but will never be back at SPL football. My season ticket will be dropped and my Well Society membership will only last a year.

When making their decision about the Rangers debacle, I really do hope the powers that be at our club take our opinion on the matter into consideration. If the board are blinded by pound signs and don't consider the fact that Rangers (and Celtic) have metaphorically shat on us from a very big height for so long and we as fans are utterly sick to our back teeth of it, then we'll lose hundreds (thousands?) of fans in the long run. Everything from their bigoted scummy fans outnumbering us in our own ground for our financial gain right up to bending over and being shafted for things like gate receipts & TV money while we as a club grin and bear it is bad enough to take, but if we allow them to willingly cheat, break and bend the rules whenever they want and get off with it completely free then the game is utterly fucked.

To the board of MFC, for fuck sake have a backbone, have a bit of pride in yourselves and a bit of dignity; do NOT let them get away with this with zero punishment purely for a few hundred grand in TV money. We're better than this, and we deserve better!

• Like 1

i would love to see a "Leeann Dempster" reply in here, but I very much doubt it!!!!

However, I do think its an important question that needs answered. Maybe if people hold off on the season ticket front, and sales dont go as expected then the club might be forthcoming with information.

However if the club do announce that they wont be voting them in - maybe Sandy Jardine and his army of buns might do something bad to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon they will ban all Well fans from the Fir Park Club!!!

And it's the 'allegedly' that is one of the issues.

What if Rangers form newco in June and are voted back into the SPL and subsequently found not guilty of any tax avoidance or player contract fiddling?

Are people OK with that?

If they are found not guilty of those issues then why would we worry - not guilty in a court of law is good enough for me. All the punishment they are suffering so far is for going into administration and other issues where the SFA have found them guilty - still good enough for me!

All people are asking is that when found guilty, the punishment fits the crime.......

If they are found not guilty of those issues then why would we worry - not guilty in a court of law is good enough for me. All the punishment they are suffering so far is for going into administration and other issues where the SFA have found them guilty - still good enough for me!

All people are asking is that when found guilty, the punishment fits the crime.......

Yes, but the question was about newco allowed back in the SPL. With appeals etc. the tax cases will likely be rumbling on years after the vote on any newco so we won't know the verdicts on the alleged crimes until long after the newco votes takes place.

Or Rangers might come to a settlement with HMRC and pay them without admission of guilt. How does that affect punishment?

Yes, but the question was about newco allowed back in the SPL. With appeals etc. the tax cases will likely be rumbling on years after the vote on any newco so we won't know the verdicts on the alleged crimes until long after the newco votes takes place.

Or Rangers might come to a settlement with HMRC and pay them without admission of guilt. How does that affect punishment?

Its a difficult one to have a view on this early as the full details of the case are not public except that we know it is in excess of £75M and I'm not sure if that includes all the penalties and costs or whether this is increasing by a % every day.

I could see rainjurs coming out of admin over the summer by some dodgy newco deal and getting straight back into the SPL but then losing the big tax case later in the year and this will push them back into admin again as HMRC will go for the assets that belonged to the original company and that were probably transferred to the newco at minimum value!

Besides all of this they could still be found guilty for dual contracts and the punishment for that over years should be severe!

Your right that this could drag on for a long time and the events of the next few months are still only the beginning I reckon!

Lets keep this thread purely focused on getting a response from our Club though and the debate re rainjurs or the impact on MFC fo the existing threads!

So Leanne, is it a yes or no from MFC on re-entry for a newco?

Edited by SuperCC

Let the Newco in with the following caveats:-

50pts deduction at the start of every season equivalent to the amount of years they "allegedly" cheated, 3 minimum.

All monies/income to the SPL split evenly amongst each Club.

SPL increased to 16 teams, with matches played home/away.

SPL voting structured changed to a 10-6 majority requirement to pass motions.

No 12:15 on a Sunday kick-offs.

Bottom Club automatically relegated and 2nd bottom compete in Play-Off with 2nd/3rd/4th in Div1.

• Like 1

Leeann indicated her feelings in February.

Derek Weir is who we want to hear from.

I am presuming Leeann is pro allowing a Newco straight back into the top flight.

At the end of the day I just want to know Motherwell’s official stance on the matter. Whether that information comes from Derek Weir, Leeann Dempster or the Claret and Amber bears I am not that bothered. In an ideal world, Rangers will come out of administration and I can buy my season ticket as usual.

Im not convinced on some of the arguaments put forward in this thread so far. Yes rangers behaviour has been deplorable& yes they should suffer, but should they be made to suffer at the expense of ourselves and other clubs??

There is conflicting arguaments as to how scottish football would fare without the h**s or the other arse cheek. I dont know what the reality is but i would like to think that our club will look at all the evidence& informed predictions as to the financial impacts upon us of rangers going down further before making any devision.

Its very easy for us fans to want maximum punishment of rangers but we dont run the club, we dont pay the players, coaches, office staff& tea ladies! We are not the ones who have to make a business decision that will secure the best interests of the club as a viable entity going forward!

As for me, i havent decided what i want to see happen to rangers, what i do know is that im a Motherwell fan& i'll still have my season ticket next season.

• Like 1

Its very easy for us fans to want maximum punishment of rangers but we dont run the club, we dont pay the players, coaches, office staff& tea ladies! We are not the ones who have to make a business decision that will secure the best interests of the club as a viable entity going forward!

Now we have the Well Society, we should be the ones involved in such a business decision. So give us the facts and let us decide.

• Like 2