Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

Football is a business and run as a business ,all clubs want is their fans cash, forget all the rhetoric M.F.C want you to buy a season ticket ,buy into the WELL SOCIETY and buy club merchandise and memorabilia your ideas and opinions mean sweet fanny adams .That is why Rangers will be voted straight back into the S.P.L because the money they bring to the game is worth more to clubs than sporting integrity, anyone who sees this long drawn out saga ending any other way is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Hope im wrong but I just cant see it. :(

• Like 2

Football is a business and run as a business ,all clubs want is their fans cash, forget all the rhetoric M.F.C want you to buy a season ticket ,buy into the WELL SOCIETY and buy club merchandise and memorabilia your ideas and opinions mean sweet fanny adams .That is why Rangers will be voted straight back into the S.P.L because the money they bring to the game is worth more to clubs than sporting integrity, anyone who sees this long drawn out saga ending any other way is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Hope im wrong but I just cant see it. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF3IpNU1Yu8&feature=related

• Like 1

Who ever the banner makers are, something along the lines of "Rangers in, we are out" is in order I think. If it isnt too short notice. The board need to be shown how the fans are feeling.

how do you know the lads that make the banner will walk away?

how do you know the lads that make the banner will walk away?

You have a point but i think the general feeling around the place is that everyone is of the same opinion. I dont want to walk away,I dont think anyone wants to, but i think theres a point we need to say enough is enough.

You have a point but i think the general feeling around the place is that everyone is of the same opinion. I dont want to walk away,I dont think anyone wants to, but i think theres a point we need to say enough is enough.

the vast majority of people i know will be there next season regardless.

the vast majority of people i know will be there next season regardless.

I dont know. If Rangers get straight back in and all is forgotten then I can see numbers dropping all around the league. I mean what realy is the point in supporting a league where the old firm are untouchable. I am not saying that I wont go back, I will find it very difficult though and have to think about it. I certainly wont be going to any games that involve a newco that have been allowed into the spl and havnt played and earned their way up.

On the WS front. I can see members canciling their payments if they are ignored by the club.

On the WS front. I can see members canciling their payments if they are ignored by the club.

I can't understand this at all. The Society hasn't been formally constituted yet but when it does, hopefully soon, its the vehicle for fans to influence the club, the vehicle for us to have a big say in the running of the club ......... where's the benefit in walking away and giving up our right to have a say? Two wrongs do not make a right. It would be tantamount to us cutting off our nose to spite our face. If we take such action it'll simply benefit Rangers by making them all the stronger. The way to fight this injustice is to join up not walk away.

• Like 1

I can't understand this at all. The Society hasn't been formally constituted yet but when it does, hopefully soon, its the vehicle for fans to influence the club, the vehicle for us to have a big say in the running of the club ......... where's the benefit in walking away and giving up our right to have a say? Two wrongs do not make a right. It would be tantamount to us cutting off our nose to spite our face. If we take such action it'll simply benefit Rangers by making them all the stronger. The way to fight this injustice is to join up not walk away.

Aye but wheres the drama in that

I could only really accept this argument if before the next league meeting every member was invited to a vote on the proposals currently on offer and allow everyone to actually have a say. The truth is, people who have joined up for the 'Well Society are none the wiser than they would be had they not - it is very early days. I have sent an e-mail to the club to enquire on cancelling my membership should I feel the need as I am paying in instalments.

There is talk across supporters' message boards of all affected clubs of so many people turning their back on Scottish Football if the Newco is allowed back into the SPL, being treated as a 'special case'. I don't think it's worth getting into all the reasons as it's been covered on many posts and at the end of the day it's a personal opinion and choice.

Where we have a conflict of interests is in the 'Well Society. I really want to be part of the 'Well Society and believe in what it is being set up for - which is why I signed up. However 'Govan Bigots 2012' being allowed into the SPL next season being allowed to dump all their debts and to carry on as if they have done nothing wrong will be the last straw for me with Scottish Football - and by association, with the 'Well Society.

THE SPL won’t be allowed to hit Rangers with any punishment if they vote to allow their newco back into the league.

Preferred bidder Bill Miller has not yet applied to have the share Gers own in the SPL transferred across from their stricken plc to the incubator club he has vowed to create.

However, MailSport understands that when he does, the SPL have been given strong legal advice they cannot attach conditions to a “yes” vote.

A top QC has been drafted in to examine the league’s articles as they stand. And his belief is that the only options available to them if a transfer of share is requested are “yes” or “no”.

That means they’d not have the discretionary power to grant the transfer while hitting Rangers with a sanction like a points deduction or a cash penalty as a punitive measure.

It could result in Rangers going back into the SPL in August on an even keel and that would spark outrage amongst fans of other clubs, who have pledged boycotts if Rangers go unpunished.

But it’s believed the only conditions which can be applied under SPL articles as they stand are that Gers settle all football debt with other SPL clubs and agree to abide by the verdict of the ongoing probe into the club’s use of EBTs.

The 12 clubs meet tomorrow to vote on Financial Fair Play regulations which were delayed last week.

If passed, they could yet provide the mechanism to sanction Rangers, with the proposals aimed at punishing newco clubs by deducting 10 points at the start of two consecutive seasons, with 75 per cent of SPL revenue also held back for three years.

If approved, these plans will be in place by the end of the season. However, sources within the SPL hierarchy have cast serious doubt on their chances of getting through.

The financial punishment is believed to be the biggest fear for clubs who reckon that, while the Old Firm could cope with that level of loss based on their overall turnover, no other team would survive it.

The other item scheduled for a vote is scrapping the 11-1 voting structure but Rangers and Celtic are both against this idea so change is unlikely.

The subject of a newco Rangers isn’t formally on the agenda – but it’s understood it WILL be discussed.

And Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johnston yesterday admitted finance could come before sporting integrity.

He said: “SPL members see the commercial benefits of having Rangers, even as a newco. The clubs are mindful of a sporting integrity aspect but the commercial benefits may outweigh that.”

The truth is, the SPL and Scottish football has been slowly dying for years now, even with the almighty Old Firm gracing us with their presence.

Voting Rangers back in with no sanctions, as has been suggested by some media outlets, simply allows the status quo to continue with the added bonus that the Rangers fans will now be able to legitimately chant "we are the people".

If someone wishes to tell me that the financial input we get from a shit Rangers is worth more to us than the financial clout fed into Serie A by a world class Juventus side that included the likes of Del Piero, Ibrahimovic, Nedved & Buffon then I'd have to disagree.

Juventus were found guilty of cheating in Serie A. Financial common sense would have seen them remain within Serie A.

They were relegated to Serie B, had two league titles stripped, and were banned from the Champions League the following season.

Even the argument that Rangers fans and some media like to use about the actual people responsible no longer being at the club, thus punishing the actual club isn't fair didn't wash in the Juve case, did it?

It was a select few directors involved in that case, yet the club were hit with the appropriate sanctions.

There was no thought given to how it would affect the financial state of clubs like Livorno, Messina or Palermo. It was an open and shut case of sporting integrity being challenged.

It really should be as simple in this case as well. The very fact that it isn't is down to the actual SPL not wanting to punish Rangers, especially with Bill Miller making it clear that he wants to buy them with no future punishments against them.

What has astounded me is that the SPL at the present time have no rules in place to deal with a club that goes into liquidation. Surely when setting up an organisation you need to cover all eventualities. The thick bastards that wrote the rules and regulations could have avoided all this mess by having liquidation punishments already in place. Then every club would be under no illusion of the punishment that would be dished out if and when they are liquidated.

A lot of drama queens on this thread.....Kmcalpin is spot on. Let us all penalise the club we support and love because of a bunch of cheating tax dodging bunch from Glasgow.

Wrong Iain ......................... I'm for penalising the Club I have supported and loved for over 40yrs if they ditch their morality and take the low and totally unacceptable road of voting for the immediate re-introduction of the bunch of cheating tax dodgers from Glasgow.

MFC now have to choose between Filthy Lucre or Honest Dosh ! I reckon there are 10 SPL Chairmen in the same position today.

Wrong Iain ......................... I'm for penalising the Club I have supported and loved for over 40yrs if they ditch their morality and take the low and totally unacceptable road of voting for the immediate re-introduction of the bunch of cheating tax dodgers from Glasgow.

MFC now have to choose between Filthy Lucre or Honest Dosh ! I reckon there are 10 SPL Chairmen in the same position today.

It's really not so simple. There very little honest dosh about for a start.

Why can there be no other option for punishment? Why must all the innocent teams suffer because of the one guilty party? Someone made an analogy of not sending a child beater to jail because the kids won't get school clothes. I'd say this is like sending the father to prison, and leaving the kids out in the street to fend for themselves, and telling the them tough shit, don't you want your abusive dad to go to jail?

We need to punish rangers without fucking everyone else over, cause thats what will happen. As it stands the likes of Hammel are unhappy at the reduced terms on offer. There's no chance in my mind that the likes of him, lasle or jenning will stick around if they're offered halved wages.

The innocent clubs would suffer far more than Rangers IMO, which is beyond unfair.

Why is here a near universal view that relegation is the only appropriate punishment? Are we that scared of them? What will make life most unbearable for rangers is being spl diddies like the rest of us - no cash, points deduction, getting humped off Celtic. The fan base would drop by 20 k after one season, and any decent players would get poached to the championship. If they are sent to the third they'll have ball, take the moral high ground, and we will all be poorer.

The spl chairman got it right first time - keep them in the spl, and give them a collective kicking for three years. Ask a hardcore bun - it is that scenario they fear most.

I look forward to the likes of Airdrie United & Gretna suing the SFA and member clubs over this.

Easy decision, newco starts the same as all the other newco's before them

anything else is both morally and legally corrupt

Goodbye SPL

Why is here a near universal view that relegation is the only appropriate punishment? Are we that scared of them? What will make life most unbearable for rangers is being spl diddies like the rest of us - no cash, points deduction, getting humped off Celtic. The fan base would drop by 20 k after one season, and any decent players would get poached to the championship. If they are sent to the third they'll have ball, take the moral high ground, and we will all be poorer.

The spl chairman got it right first time - keep them in the spl, and give them a collective kicking for three years. Ask a hardcore bun - it is that scenario they fear most.

It's being reported that if we allow a NewCo into the SPL, then the SPL cannot add sanctions like points deduction to them as the fact is we're letting a new club into the SPL (like we are with Ross County).

If they are relegated and they somehow manage to get a TV deal, they need to share that TV deal amongst 29 other clubs (with I'm sure a step system with Division 1 getting more than Division 3). Not to mention the prize money for winning 3rd Division wouldn't even pay a week of McGregor's normal wage.

Was actually quite encouraged listening to Steven Thompson on Radio Scotland.

Came across very well and seemed to genuinely understand why fans feel so strongly about this. Given his comments it was crystal clear that all the other chief execs are acutely aware also.

However, he made a good point about players existing contracts and clubs legal obligations in that regard and the difficulties clubs would face in the short term should the SPL vote as the fans want.

Some clubs could end up in real difficulty if they sever the umbilical chord, even though they know a lot of what they are fed through it is toxic.

On the other hand, if newco is voted back in you COULD have the ridiculous situation of Rangers being one of the few debt free clubs in the league with the SPL voting in new rules to prevent any of the other debt ridden clubs following the same route!

I get the sense that some clubs NEED to vote Newco in or sign their own death warrant, therefore they will HAVE to come up with sanctions that are palatable to their own fans.

I was originally in the no newco at any cost camp, however, if it is going to put half our league out of business, then maybe a compromise could be found, however, the sanctions would have to demonstrate REAL punishment.