Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

The statement like the earlier one can be taken any way you want to. However when lquidators are appointed the assets of Rangers have to be sold to the highest bidder. That means Ibrox, Murray Park etc.

Green saying he will buy the "Club" for 5.5m is imho rubbish. The Newco/SPL argument is critical granted but there are other important decisions to be made prior to that.

Players are assets so in theory they could belong to liquidators. Did i not read that the PFA argued that contracts are void and players are free to move out of contract. Where do the Newco play?.

Under licence at Ibrox?. Against SPL rules?. I guess I am really saying that the many other questions have to be resolved before a YES/NO vote is taken.

Is it feasable that these other points are not resolved prior to the beginning of the new season?.

Forgot about the double contracts, complicates it even further.

To the Directors / Managment of Motherwell FC

Please listen to your customer of over 40 years.

Bin this cheating mob, do what's right.

Yes to a newco and its over for me; Integrity before money.

My stance also, and that includes leaving the Well Society.

Individual threats won't do much. I'd like to see a list drawn up signed by those who intend to withdraw their financial support be that season tickets and/or the well society. Only once you see the number of Well fans who are willing to walk away will you be able to see the potential power they may have in effecting the boards decision.

If you can get a significant number of Well fans on board and in particular threaten the future of the Well society the board might just listen. If it's only a small minority who are threatening to walk away sadly I can't see that having much impact.

• Like 3

I think it's liquidated but I like your style ;)

I prefer 'Liquidised'

A lot more final I think.

Got to agree that we mump and moan about Rangers and lack of competition and all the rest of it. Now we have a chance to change it, to make the league more competitive (which it will!) and a lot more fairer. But we could end up voting them back in.

Heart - Get them to fuck and thrive.

Head - I think we will be voting 'yes'

And that will be me finished with the SPL I'm afraid...

Interesting few days to come I guess then!

I've always been of the stance that we should vote 'no' and the only way I would accept a 'yes' vote from MFC would be if credible sanctions were applied to the newco that were both a suitable punishment and made use of the glorious opportunity the SPL has to balance the top flight a bit. If not, then I wouldn't be returning to SPL matches.

Not only is that still my position, but it's shared by a number of the folk I go to games with.

However, I am both delighted and a little isappointed by today's news. I'm delighted because it gets it right up Rangers but mainly it finally looks to be a step towards an end to all this shite, but I'm disappointed because it now seems like a realistic prospect that I could be giving up SPL football in the near future - whereas previously, although 100% genuine with my position, I did think there was a chance they'd exit administration somehow.

That was probably my thinking when I foolishly gave the Well Society £300 I couldn't really afford a couple of months ago - a membership that obviously won't be continued if the worst happens.

First and foremost, our club should do the right thing and the vote will take care of itself. Hopefully other clubs would follow suit however, and our top division could safeguard a sense of integrity and dignity rather than becoming more corrupt than the Italians.

What if they are voted in, but with penalties, or voting structure changes or distribution of TV money changes?

It's unlikely to be as simple as In or Out.

Well would Hearts or Hibs be voted in with penalties?

Would there vote to change the voting structure if it was ourselves of Kilmarnock in this position?

We all know that answer and that is why the SPL should vote 'No' to allowing a Rangers Newco back in.

Once we got rid of them, the 'Rebel 11' could vote to change all that anyway...

And another thing, has anyone e-mailled the club to make them aware of their feelings? I was going to but I don't know who to send it to.

What if they are voted in, but with penalties, or voting structure changes or distribution of TV money changes?

It's unlikely to be as simple as In or Out.

If a newco was voted in as part of a move by the SPL clubs to punish Rangers in the short-term and even out the playing field in the long-term (in the way of sanctions, changes etc) then I would accept that, assuming I personally felt the measures were worthy.

As funny as I think it would be to put Rangers into the 3rd division, I couldn't actually care less where they're playing next season. This for me is not only about sporting integrity and proving our league isn't embarrassingly corrupt, but also about seizing a glorious opportunity to make the league better for us whilst properly punishing a club which has been responsible for unparalleled levels of cheating.

If the club vote yes to the newco without changing the prize money split, voting rules and tv revenue then they will not be operating in the best interests of the club. We are not exactly thriving financialy with the current setup so there is no way we should let them off scot free. I would prefer to see Rangers relagated to the 3rd division as Im sure most here would and then live with the consequences.

The voting format are separate issues, which whilst they need to be addressed are not the issue in hand.

Rangers need to be dealt with fairly and firmly in relation to every rule they have broken.

But look around yo have you ever seen a football clubs support who have failed so dramatically to mobilise themselves and rise to the occasion.

While everyone else wants to 'save' their club. While these orcs start a 'fighting' fund.

It's everyone elses fault. Just seen Hughie Green's pathetic pop at HMRC. When you actually think about what he has just said its stunning in its fuckin bampotery.

I believe Rainjurs will die. Because not enough people believe, even still, that this could possibly happen. Not enough people are mobilised. And Charles Green's latest transfer of asset scam has zero chance of being.

They are uber fucked.

• Like 2

I hope the club will take the views of the supporters into their utmost consideration when voting, the club have been excellent in the past few years in terms of listening to the fans, often not getting the credit they deserve for doing so. I hope they extend this to this debacle.

Should the club vote for the Newco to be admitted to the premier league, the club will not receive another penny of my money. I do have faith however that the club will listen to their fans and they will vote for the only fair outcome.

Some things are more important than cash and the assosciated standard of football on the park, sporting integrity is one of these things and we must not allow that to be compromised. Anyways, this whole saga is fucking hilarious, hope we put the bigoted bastards to the sword.

Rangers - We a̶r̶e̶ were the people.

The voting format are separate issues, which whilst they need to be addressed are not the issue in hand.

Rangers need to be dealt with fairly and firmly in relation to every rule they have broken.

I think you are getting carried away with yourself. Our club& the other 10spl clubs will not be voting to deal with the rules that they have broken. We will be making a decision on whether a newco gets back in.

Its not for mfc to hand out punishments on EBTs, non payment of PAYE or at this moment alledged double contracts.

If they are not to be castigated down to div3 then mfc are well within their rights to try to impose sanctions& redress the balance as a condition of rangers survival!

Sorry, you're right what I said was wrong.

Rangers newclub should be jettisoned to fuck (if some mental c**t ever manages to get one set up) no matter what.

No deals, straight rejection

"We have a duty to act in the interests of our club and we hope these can be reconciled with the interests of the game."

There's your answer right there; if voting Rangers out damages the interests (and we know that means financial interests) of the Club then they won't do it.

• Like 1

Sorry, you're right what I said was wrong.

Rangers newclub should be jettisoned to fuck (if some mental c**t ever manages to get one set up) no matter what.

No deals, straight rejection

Bearing in mind the jiggery pokery going on in creating the newco, transferring assets etc. has it even been made clear the SPL clubs get to vote on entry?

Bearing in mind the jiggery pokery going on in creating the newco, transferring assets etc. has it even been made clear the SPL clubs get to vote on entry?

yes it was cleared up at the last meeting, as originally it was only the SPL board that would vote, its now all the SPL clubs, Ross county taking Dunfermlines vote

and yes it appears Rangers or newco get to vote on themselves, although hopefully that gets sorted as its baffling that a company who don't exist can vote on anything

My thoughts exactly Pepper, if the newco are allowed to join the league simply because of financial reasons and forget the morallity of the issue then I for one wont be watching Scottish football again, and I believe that I will be one of many across the country. There is only one option, let rangers and their newco die