Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

even if they cut their playing budget to £2m that's more than enough to win the first.

it would be a piece of piss to sign a team of free transfers that could run away with that league.

Should be.....but would be interesting if Sally blew it. If they looked like finishing second you would get a decison around about April that it is two up and two down. If that hasn't already been changed. That way Rangers in the SPL for Season 2013-14 is guaranteed.

Everyone seemed convinced Celtic had the treble in the bag the second Rangers went into Admin. Look how that one turned out........

True, Celtic will be win the league but there is a great chance that at least one non OF team will contest the domestic finals again.

What kind of title fight are Rangers going to put up any time soon? Not saying Rangers shouldn't be in the SPL but the argument that they need to stay to stop it being a one horse race is possibly the weakest one for keeping them..

clubs live season to season. if rangers start a season debt free and have all their season ticket and commercial income (£20m?) they should be capable of building a team that can challenge for the league.

Should be.....but would be interesting if Sally blew it. If they looked like finishing second you would get a decison around about April that it is two up and two down. If that hasn't already been changed. That way Rangers in the SPL for Season 2013-14 is guaranteed.

i wouldn't rule that out.

getting a real manager should be their number one priority. mccoist cost them a fortune in european income and accelerated their demise.

Why , would there be no title race

Do you spend a small fortune because rangers and Celtic had a nice cushty little setup

there would be no title race because celtic would run away with it.

when was the last time anyone was close to them after 22 games? also reduced income makes it less likely that any team would have the consistency to challenge.

So you can assume celtic run away with it and other clubs hav reduced income

I'll. Assume Celtic have reduced income and other clubs will challenge them

celtic's wage bill is over £30 million.

even if they chopped £10 million of it then they would still have a wage bill many times greater than their nearest rivals.

I must admit if Rangers are not in the top division next season I do think Celtic will have the league wrapped up (no pun intended) by Xmas. No probs at all. However, the rest of us will be slogging it out for 2nd.....which is better than it has been, one season aside from Hearts, in nearly 30 years.

When Rangers are forced to start from the 3rd division, Celtic will have to drastically reduce their wage bill, no question. So will other clubs perhaps, but hopefully it will reduce the gap between Celtic and the rest. However, it may be a bridge too far to suggest another team would give celtic a title run.

consistency over a season requires experienced players and squad depth.

budget cuts make both those things less likely.

But if every team in the SPL had experienced players and squad depth, then one individual team wouldn't necessarily be any more consistent. There's nothing to say we can't achieve the same points as last season with a weaker squad if all other teams have a weaker squad too.

• Like 1

But if every team in the SPL had experienced players and squad depth, then one individual team wouldn't necessarily be any more consistent. There's nothing to say we can't achieve the same points as last season with a weaker squad if all other teams have a weaker squad too.

the same points from last season isn't going to provide a title race.

I must admit if Rangers are not in the top division next season I do think Celtic will have the league wrapped up (no pun intended) by Xmas. No probs at all. However, the rest of us will be slogging it out for 2nd.....which is better than it has been, one season aside from Hearts, in nearly 30 years.

Was 1994 really that long ago?:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Not sure what all this talk of Div 1 is. New team new start so to me that means Div3. Wouldn't all new teams have to start at Div 3? i think all the fans are asking is that newco get treated like any other team would, with no special deals because of who they are. ....................sorry, were.

Not sure what all this talk of Div 1 is. New team new start so to me that means Div3. Wouldn't all new teams have to start at Div 3? i think all the fans are asking is that newco get treated like any other team would, with no special deals because of who they are. ....................sorry, were.

Nope Stagecoach West of Scotland Division 2 for them, SFL require clubs to produce 3 years of audited accounts. Fairs fair.

:whistling:

the same points from last season isn't going to provide a title race.

I never said that it would. But you stated that less money will equal less of a challenge. I'm trying to point out that we earned more points this season than for many, many years and that's already with budget cuts because all clubs had to cut their cloth. All SPL teams had more money ten years ago and they were still languishing dozens of points behind the Old Firm. This idea that more money will help all teams is nonsense if the Old Firm have proportionately more than the rest anyway.

More or less money for all other 10 SPL clubs will not make any significant difference to the competitiveness between them. To suggest otherwise is to encourage the idea that we need Rangers in the SPL.

Celtic will be in a better financial position than the other ten clubs irrespective of budget cuts or no budget cuts. So yes, Celtic probably will win the vast majority of games. They probably will win the league at a canter. But that's not because of budget cuts due to an SPL without Rangers.

And anyway, why are you so concerned with whether or not there's a title race? As fatcalf points out, we haven't been concerned with a title race since the mid 90s.

Talk is that if the SFA take over we will have 1 ruling body, league reconstruction (4 leagues down to 3 - one less season for them to climb back) fairer voting/revenue split. If true, could be what we have all been looking for and allows The Rainjurs the possibility of only 2 seasons out SPL.

Even thought Celtic will have the salary budget to dwarf every other team in the league, I'm struggling to see how any professional football player in their right mind, with any ounce of talent and with any ounce of integrity will be willing to sign for them if there is no challenge there.

That's exactly what I was saying the other day KirkySuperSub. If Celtic are trying to sell themselves to prospective new players I imagine the main draw is the Old Firm derby. If you tell Mr Johnny Furriner that your biggest two games will be Hearts and Motherwell away I think the power of persuasion must decline rapid. There is no doubt that Rangers going out of the SPL will have a much bigger detrimental effect on Celtic than anyone else.

And anyway, why are you so concerned with whether or not there's a title race? As fatcalf points out, we haven't been concerned with a title race since the mid 90s.

title races are entertaining in any country.

think back to us beating celtic on skippy sunday or drawing with rangers in the post manchester game. great days.

title races are entertaining in any country.

think back to us beating celtic on skippy sunday or drawing with rangers in the post manchester game. great days.

Really? I find ours extremely boring year after year. One off games like Skippy Sunday do not equate to entertainment over the piece. The 6-6 with Hibs was equally entertaining if you want to go down that route, as was the 5-6 v Aberdeen.