Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

It's a decent enough statement in terms of detail but it doesn't give me a particularly good feeling.

To start with I was thinking "this is actually looking good" and when I reached 'History shows that any business which ignores the wishes of its customer base rarely prospers in the long term' I thought we were all on the same page.

However, it then went on to provide paragraph upon paragraph of why we might vote 'yes'. By the time I'd reached the end it felt like I'd just read the reasons we've already decided on voting 'yes' rather than a statement about the situation from a genuinely undecided club.

Hopefully I'll be proven wrong. My view is still undeniably a 'no' vote and that won't change.

they should just read this thread and take that as everyones opinion!

They already know. The new statement states that they know the overwhelming majority of 'Well fans want a 'no' vote. Therefore, it seems obvious - to me anyway - that the subsequent paragraphs of reasons to vote 'yes' are to try and convince a few folk to support that vote when the club go with it on the 4th.

I'm pretty disappointed now - my feeling after reading that statement is that the 'fans forum' that will be arranged soon as part of the club consulting with the fans will actually turn out to be nothing more than an attempt to explain why we're voting 'yes'.

Just as devils advocate.............. lets say Mothwewell vote yes but punishment from SFA sees them end up in Div 3. Will there still be withdrawals from Well society and people not buying season tickets? or do we just care that Rangers start in DIV 3 however that comes about?

Just as devils advocate.............. lets say Mothwewell vote yes but punishment from SFA sees them end up in Div 3. Will there still be withdrawals from Well society and people not buying season tickets? or do we just care that Rangers start in DIV 3 however that comes about?

I'd still be thoroughly disillusioned in my club for going after the money rather than listening to their fans and maintaining sporting integrity.

My season ticket & Well Society membership money would remain firmly in my pocket.

I would cancel my Well Society membership as I would have no interest to putting money into the club through that avenue.

However, I would still attend SPL matches and, therefore, would probably renew my season ticket.

For me, my funding and commitment to the Well Society hinges on the wishes of a support, that the club want involved, not being betrayed.

My attendance at league matches depends on the integrity of the SPL as a whole.

• Like 1

The authorities running our game are a joke. There should be no need for any vote! Rangers have breached that many rules they should have been binned! Seems our club directors are receiving threats from all sides of the arguement. Only the views of our fans count! and any threats by Rangers fans should be added to the list of reasons why is should be a big NO in polite terms.

We are edging ever closer to oblivion. I wonder how many fans who dont post here have already decided enough is enough and wont be back?

Horrible statement imo.

Agreed.

If the statement was genuinely made by a club currently undecided, it would naturally have a neutral tone to it and give equal consideration to both points of view. That statement doesn't - there's a couple of standard paragraphs followed by a couple of lines about how we're all important and they know we want a 'no' vote.

This is then followed by reason after reason about why the club will vote 'yes'. It seems to be to be a blatant bit of 'yes' propaganda badly disguised as a neutral statement.

Also, I originally believed the 'fans forum' would be a genuine consultation of the fans. I simply don't believe that now. The statement tells us they know that a 'no' vote is overwhelmingly backed by the support before listing the reasons for a 'yes' vote. I fear 'consulting with the fans' may just turn out to be a repeat of the statement...

This is the part that stood out to me the most;

“The Directors of any business have a duty to act in the best interests of the company or, in this case, the club. In normal circumstances, decisions are fairly straightforward but in this situation a decision either way is likely to have a significant impact on at least one of our key income streams. It is inevitable that there will be consequences if a business suffers a sudden drop in income. Instead of the usual process of deciding what is best for the club, we are currently faced with trying to decide on which is the least worst option.

The stakes here are high.

When the statement makes reference to it's "main income streams" I'm assuming it's talking about TV money & money from tickets sales and so forth.

It then goes on to say that it must decide on which is the least worst option, which is basically the choice of losing some TV money or losing some fans.

If the club votes in favour of losing some fans over some TV money then the current board simply don't deserve to represent us or our football club.

• Like 4

When the statement makes reference to it's "main income streams" I'm assuming it's talking about TV money & money from tickets sales and so forth.

It then goes on to say that it must decide on which is the least worst option, which is basically the choice of losing some TV money or losing some fans.

If the club votes in favour of losing some fans over some TV money then the current board simply don't deserve to represent us or our football club.

The fact that the statement even implies that it's a choice between losing some TV money or losing some Motherwell supporters is an absolute joke in itself. If the club then vote to lose the supporters, then it's a disgrace and a betrayal.

• Like 1

1340039574[/url]' post='345617']

The authorities running our game are a joke. There should be no need for any vote! Rangers have breached that many rules they should have been binned! Seems our club directors are receiving threats from all sides of the arguement. Only the views of our fans count! and any threats by Rangers fans should be added to the list of reasons why is should be a big NO in polite terms.

We are edging ever closer to oblivion. I wonder how many fans who dont post here have already decided enough is enough and wont be back?

This

Directors - 95% of your customers are saying NO to this. Please listen and vote accordingly

Like many, I will not be back if these cheats are allowed straight into SPL

Thanks

A disgraceful statement !!!

Putting armchair fans in front of your own paying customers could sound the death knell for Motherwell.

It really is a dark day when on one hand, the club ignores the wishes of the vast majority our fans, whilst trying to flog Well Society memberships and season tickets with the other.

Time for the board to toe the line or get out!!

• Like 1

The fact that the statement even implies that it's a choice between losing some TV money or losing some Motherwell supporters is an absolute joke in itself. If the club then vote to lose the supporters, then it's a disgrace and a betrayal.

So much for a "community club" if they choose TV over fans. I have always had this feeling about the board bottling it and try to revamp Scottish football for the good by removing one of the biggest roadblocks that is preventing us to make a fairer league. But instead I think they will go for the tainted crumbs that the Old Firm will give them.

Also, I originally believed the 'fans forum' would be a genuine consultation of the fans. I simply don't believe that now.

The statement tells us they know that a 'no' vote is overwhelmingly backed by the support before listing the reasons for a 'yes' vote.

I fear 'consulting with the fans' may just turn out to be a repeat of the statement...

then we'll just have to make sure visually the NO vote is the majority

maybes we should make sure plenty show up at the forum

and in 'runaround' style have a yes or no option for everyone to gather under

runaround14.jpg

if only Mike Reid was still around

I'm going to write to the club asking what's their policy on refunds for people who have purchased a season ticket. Have we been mis-sold here. The club said they would listen to the fans before deciding, and if they vote YES then that clearly is not acting in the interests of Motherwell fans.

then we'll just have to make sure visually the NO vote is the majority

maybes we should make sure plenty show up at the forum

I'll be there I reckon. Unfortunately I could see myself walking out half way through though, if the statement is anything to go by.

“Whilst we fully understand that the ‘Newco’ issue is one which many people feel strongly about, we hope that our fans now have a better idea of the extremely difficult position the club is in.

Nothing mentioned in that statement is new or particularly complex, is it? I think most people on here, even the most ardent of 'No' voters, have acknowledged the probable loss of revenue from TV, sponsors, etc.

Whilst a NO vote would mean the loss of Rangers twice a season and the so called extra revenue that bring it is interesting to note on the other 10 SPL teams forums most are refusing to attend away fixtures. The drop in attendances for these games will haver a greater financial effect on the club.

• Like 1

Would like to think they would vote no but it's not about the club or sporting integrity for the board it's business as always. The fans are always treated poorly and I feel this time it ain't gonna be any different sadly. That said however Motherwell are my team have been for 48 years and will continue to be