Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

Would like to think they would vote no but it's not about the club or sporting integrity for the board it's business as always. The fans are always treated poorly and I feel this time it ain't gonna be any different sadly. That said however Motherwell are my team have been for 48 years and will continue to be

Not wanting to highlight you in particular, but this is exactly the kind of viewpoint that the club is looking for, and which ensures that fans continue to get treated poorly in the future.

Unless we make it clear to the custodians of our club that we simply won't stand for it any longer nothing will change.

If our club vote in favour of a NEWCO those fans who just blindly continue to throw their hard earned down deserve to get shafted.

• Like 4

my feeling after reading that statement is that the 'fans forum' that will be arranged soon as part of the club consulting with the fans will actually turn out to be nothing more than an attempt to explain why we're voting 'yes'.

100% bang on the money.

That statement says we're voting yes to a newco. Fucking shambles Motherwell FC.

If the club vote yes then I'm out. It is time to listen to the fans on this one, however it does seem the club are on a PR exercise to convince the fans on the merits of voting yes. Let me tell you board members, if you vote in favour of "The Rangers" then I am pulling my Society money out and I will never attend another SPL game. This is not an idle threat because I will not pay money to a league that parachutes teams in to a top division because they can bring a little cash to the game. A Dunfermline/Dundee pound is the same as a Rangers pound and just because there is more of one doesn't mean we should let them break the rules and get away with murder.

My vote is a resounding NO

• Like 6

If the club vote yes then I'm out. It is time to listen to the fans on this one, however it does seem the club are on a PR exercise to convince the fans on the merits of voting yes. Let me tell you board members, if you vote in favour of "The Rangers" then I am pulling my Society money out and I will never attend another SPL game. This is not an idle threat because I will not pay money to a league that parachutes teams in to a top division because they can bring a little cash to the game. A Dunfermline/Dundee pound is the same as a Rangers pound and just because there is more of one doesn't mean we should let them break the rules and get away with murder.

My vote is a resounding NO

Please listen to your fans Motherwell, because I agree with this guy!

• Like 2

Under the shadow of Celtic & Rangers we and many of our previous generations chose MOTHERWELL. What kind of message does it send out to the youngsters out there if our own directors chose one of the Glasgow two over MOTHERWELL?? May as well pack it all in if that happens.

• Like 3

A bit late in the day I suppose, but what would the general feeling on an actual protest against this happening be? Would those who have spoken out against it be up for helping put something together?

I've seen various talk from other clubs regarding a protest against this, and honestly I believe that we should be involved in anything that takes place.

Thoughts? Opinions?

• Like 1

May as well pack it all in if that happens.

Or perhaps they should stand aside and allow others with the clubs interests at heart to take their place? I know this is supposed to happen under the control of the Well Society, but I certainly believe that a 'yes' vote from the board on this issue would generate a vote of no confidence.

I think what the club is hinting at is this scenario:

If newco is voted out of the SPL and the TV deal is renegotiated downward, we will be in the position of having the same expenses (team wages., backroom staff, ground maintenance etc.), but significantly reduced income.

The club is not in a position to get an overdraft, and the Well Society funds are untouchable in this regard, so it could leave them with quite a financial gap to plug.

I'm all for stuffing Rangers out of the SPL, but I'd really like to see what the necessary adjustments would be to the budget. If it ends up that we sell Fir Park, ground share with Accies, sack players mid-contract and get rid of McCall, then I might re-consider.

Of course, I'm not saying it would be that extreme - that is why we need all the information presented. It's more difficult to make an informed decision without the information.

• Like 1

A truly alarming statement from the board as regards our stance on this.

Well, I say "our". I think a better word is "their".

They're just softening the blow, in my opinion, and we will vote yes. Any fan's forum at this point will pretty much be a propaganda rally for the yes vote. The tone of the statement made that clear to me.

I'd certainly hope (and believe) that something can be organised for the fans meeting. Something a bit more than us just sitting in our seats and answering questions when asked (if we're asked) and listening to why our club will be voting in favour of a NEWCO.

Considering it may very well be the last time I'm at Fir Park I'd certainly be open to any suggestions.

What is the point of us existing is we can only survive through the £s of a bigoted team & their fans???

If this statement is as it appears to be, a softener for us to accept they have to say "Yes" then I am finished, I didnt have a season ticket last year but went to most home games & paid for my daughter to go, aswell as buying stuff from the shop. The bottom line is if this is bourne out, the old firm & twats that buy sky packages are more important to the 'Well than my contribution, then really, what is the fucking point of any of this shite?

Scottish fitba is at a crossroads.

For anyone who hasn't been able to read the statement from our 'undecided' club yet, here's a brief summary:

Paragraph 1: Details of fan forum & board decision making.

Paragraph 2: No decision has been made yet. Honest.

Paragraph 3: Andrew Lapping doesn't speak for us.

Paragraph 4: The club knows the support is overwhelmingly opposed to a newco.

Paragraph 5: The club recognises that few businesses flourish by ignoring their customers' wishes.

Paragraph 6: It might not matter as the EBT thing might fuck Rangers anyway.

Paragraphs 7 - 17: Reasons for voting 'YES'.

• Like 2

A feeling of total dismay upon reading the club statement. I agree with others that it seems our Club have already decided to vote to allow the NewCo to start off in the SPL, with the planned Forum being used merely as a means to justify a very unpopular decision. I really do feel the wishes of the majority of Motherwell fans are about to be ignored. All the reasoning provided in the Statement was geared to a "Yes" vote.

Also, to say that the vote might even prove pointless as the SFA may demote RFC in any event is misleading and insulting in the extreme. The new Rangers may win their argument that it is not legal to penalise the NewCo for the actions of a the old Company. We all know that it really is the same Organisation, but in Law it is two separate Companies. So that will support the NewCo's case. Even the SFA seem to have doubts about whether they can carry any sanctions over to the NewCo. If the SPL clubs do not refuse Rangers application, they could easily kick of the new season with no sanctions other than the 3 year ban from Europe.

Some will suggest that Rangers be forced to accept sanctions,changes to voting structure and a fairer division of revenue as a condition of SPL membership and use that as a justification for a Yes vote. But the changes could be made in any event if the NewCo was refused SPL entry and Celtic were faced with a united approach from the other eleven SPL members.

As someone who has supported the current Board throughout this entire saga I now feel totally betrayed by the people in whom I placed my trust

I'll go and watch Motherwell playing in a park, because I'm a Motherwell fan. I couldn't care less if we have to slash the playing budget, cut the quality and re-build...again.

In terms of the statement, fair enough, you have to say something as a club, as Jay said, it seems like its leaning YES, but that might be my daft wee team paranoia, but a yes vote is suicidal.

They are not welcome, they cheated us every season for over a decade, we sat through numerous Rangers visits to Fir Park, their bile, their 'we are the people' nonsense and we came back, because we wanted that day where everything came right and we beat them. That's what going to the football is about. Now we find out that the cards were even more heavily stacked in their favour, and they cheated us every time they stepped out the tunnel, and we'd be okay with that?

Everything that has come out of the club over the past 18 months or so has been that we're valued as fans. Leann's opening statement was about how she didn't want to rely on fans coming back week in week out, because that's what they do. Now we're asking the club to fight our corner, we've come back week after week, we've got involved, the lads in the East have done the displays and everything has been so positive out of the club. We're going to be fan owned, we are a community club, now we're looking for the club that we've supported to give us some support at a level that we can't affect.

Has to be no, absolutely has to be.