Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

I think what the club is hinting at is this scenario:

If newco is voted out of the SPL and the TV deal is renegotiated downward, we will be in the position of having the same expenses (team wages., backroom staff, ground maintenance etc.), but significantly reduced income.

The club is not in a position to get an overdraft, and the Well Society funds are untouchable in this regard, so it could leave them with quite a financial gap to plug.

I'm all for stuffing Rangers out of the SPL, but I'd really like to see what the necessary adjustments would be to the budget. If it ends up that we sell Fir Park, ground share with Accies, sack players mid-contract and get rid of McCall, then I might re-consider.

Of course, I'm not saying it would be that extreme - that is why we need all the information presented. It's more difficult to make an informed decision without the information.

Spot on Weeyin. It's not black and white. If it were simply fans vs TV, as many allude to, the club would be stupid to vote yes and it would be the end of them in many eyes. The primary responsibility of the board is to ensure the continued operation of the club, and they have a duty to explore every option. Would people really be forgiving if we voted no, knowing that the potential loss of revenue could drive the club to the wall?

Likewise, I'm not suggesting it's that bad, but like you, I'd like to see the projected affect on the future of the club before I support or condemn them.

Oh, and I'm firmly in the "No" camp and believe any potential loss of revenue could be mostly offset but I'm fully aware that I don't have all the information. If something comes out that shows otherwise, I too might then reconsider. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind and all that.

Fuck sake Motherwell. I can't believe that statement. A lot of people on here are on the cusp of giving up something that has been with them all their lives, something that they love and quite frankly, are a bit obsessed about.

Surely to god that should tug on the conscience if not the purse strings?! If this gets voted through we'll be in div 3 within 5yrs anyway due to not having any fans to pay players wages.

:(

• Like 1

What is the point of us existing is we can only survive through the £s of a bigoted team & their fans???

If this statement is as it appears to be, a softener for us to accept they have to say "Yes" then I am finished, I didnt have a season ticket last year but went to most home games & paid for my daughter to go, aswell as buying stuff from the shop. The bottom line is if this is bourne out, the old firm & twats that buy sky packages are more important to the 'Well than my contribution, then really, what is the fucking point of any of this shite?

Scottish fitba is at a crossroads.

[/quote

A yes vote and i'm out, everytime i think of the time and money i've spent sitting watching my team getting humped by those cheating bastards my blood boils. Bad enough enduring all those Ibrox defeats but to now know the very players putting the ball in the net shouldn't have even been the fecking park makes it a hundred times worse..Not one single apology came out of Rangers FC for any of their actions.Not only did they not hold up their hands for their cheating ,they went on the attack threatening all and sundry with a fervour the Mafia would be proud of.Football is at a crossroads, ignore us at your peril MFC dry.gif

By voting yes ,not only are you condoning cheating you are actively encouraging it.

MFC had to put a statement out today. We had a former directors statement being bandied about by the press as official mfc stance. We had to distance ourselves from that& show that our board are still considering all the options.

As has been the case with any statement mfc has released so far, panty wetters on here read into it whatever they like.

Why not just chill out, when the decision comes then you can either burn last seasons season ticket& stay away from fir park for 4 games if we let them in, or celebrate when we hopefully kick them out!! Enjoy the summer rather that reading whatever suits your opinion into the club statements

• Like 1

MFC had to put a statement out today. We had a former directors statement being bandied about by the press as official mfc stance. We had to distance ourselves from that& show that our board are still considering all the options.

As has been the case with any statement mfc has released so far, panty wetters on here read into it whatever they like.

Why not just chill out, when the decision comes then you can either burn last seasons season ticket& stay away from fir park for 4 games if we let them in, or celebrate when we hopefully kick them out!! Enjoy the summer rather that reading whatever suits your opinion into the club statements

The thing is, that other statement should have been Motherwell FC statement. It is what the Motherwell fans want, it should be what the Motherwell fans get.

Instead like always it's whatever you want sir, whenever you want it!

I don't think there is any need of a protest at this moment in time. Many SPL clubs and a significant proprtion of the media have reluctantly accepted that the views of the fans are aligned with sporting integrity and the future of our game.

If our club decide not to listen to the reasoned debate our fans are offering, then it is time to throw the towel in.

Think it's a completely outrageous statement. Is it just me or does it come accross as extremely condacending?!

If they want to put financial gain ahead of sporting integrity we are as well packing it all in. What is the point in a league where clubs can blantanly cheat and get away with it with no more than a slap on the wrist! Fans are the lifeblood of the club, end of! Their voices must be heard.

Actually fearing the worst over this now...

Just hope 5 other SPL clubs have got more of a backbone than our board seem to be heading toward just now!

It's either a 'no' vote, or we can ditch all this fan ownership bullshit.

You pay for the shares, we make the decisions. Could see it coming a mile off.

This is a key point for me. If our Directors vote for a newco when we are trying to set up the 'Well Society and essentially a fan owned and run club, then that idea is dead before it starts. Wonder if they are taking into account the potential absolute colapse of the 'Well Society with their stance?

I certainly don't have the same grasp of our mother-tongue as Stuart Cosgrove, (who put things very eloquently on Saturday's Off the Ball), but some things - outwith the Sporting Integrity considerations - to ponder over:-

this is no NewCo it's simply a repackaging of the OldCo - same stadium, same name, same strips, same ethos, same bigoted and narrowminded sectarian support, and with the same attitude, greed and financial/voting demands.

No Club will be required to give a reason for their Vote. I say to them that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to exorcise the loathing cemented thru decades of being the victim of Rangers' bullyboy and pillaging tactics. This is an opportunity to implement much needed change in our game. Change that has been stiffled by the Bigot Brothers, who want their cake and eat it ................... and who would have jumped ship at the drop of a hat had the Atlantic League taken off or the EPL beckoned, and who's to say they wouldn't do in future ----- then what ?

Without Rangers the cake may be smaller, but we'll get a bigger slice, and Celtic will no longer have such a powerful hold on things without their bosom buddies. The League will be more competitive, and attendances will increase ................ and so too may sponsorship.

Vote No -------- for change, and to save our game.

Vote Yes ------- to let the bully back into the playground, for the collapse of the Well Society, for a drop in Season Ticket sales, and a vastly reduced fan base............and the demise of MFC.

• Like 6

I certainly don't have the same grasp of our mother-tongue as Stuart Cosgrove, (who put things very eloquently on Saturday's Off the Ball), but some things - outwith the Sporting Integrity considerations - to ponder over:-

this is no NewCo it's simply a repackaging of the OldCo - same stadium, same name, same strips, same ethos, same bigoted and narrowminded sectarian support, and with the same attitude, greed and financial/voting demands.

No Club will be required to give a reason for their Vote. I say to them that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to exorcise the loathing cemented thru decades of being the victim of Rangers' bullyboy and pillaging tactics. This is an opportunity to implement much needed change in our game. Change that has been stiffled by the Bigot Brothers, who want their cake and eat it ................... and who would have jumped ship at the drop of a hat had the Atlantic League taken off or the EPL beckoned, and who's to say they wouldn't do in future ----- then what ?

Without Rangers the cake may be smaller, but we'll get a bigger slice, and Celtic will no longer have such a powerful hold on things without their bosom buddies. The League will be more competitive, and attendances will increase ................ and so too may sponsorship.

Vote Yes ------- to let the bully back into the playground, for the collapse of the Well Society, for a drop in Season Ticket sales, and a vastly reduced fan base............and the demise of MFC.

Perfectly put. That should be the members of this boards official statement on the matter.

Also, a yes vote would be with the SPL for the rest of its existence.

We all know that any future newco vote would be a NO (unless Celtic were involved).

That's the crux of the matter. Any other club and it wouldn't even be under discussion.

Spot on Pie. Great post

I fear the worst, after reading that statement. It's a disgrace