Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

The thing is. The worst part is the tone of the statement. After the last two, who the fuck wrote it and then even worse OK'd!

the media officer tweeted amongst many points that it was "penned by the board and I am certain that what has been implied is not what they meant"

or "what has been picked up incorrectly has been the context of what the statement intended. fans will play a part i'm sure of it"

whilst I am grateful for the open communication from Flow and director Andrew Wilson over on twitter

I am still left thinking that the business of MFC has lost or has never had the true feeling of the fans on this , every piece of that communication and later justification is all based on the negatives of a no vote and using it to forewarn of times ahead if that is how the vote goes

very little (zero) has been communicated if even considered on the negatives of a yes vote (yet ten paragraphs on the ngatives of a no vote :dash2: ) and more importantly the positives of what a no vote can bring the league and more importantly MFC

I think this is what has set off the huge reaction to the statement it is so unbalanced it can only be taken as propaganda towards a yes vote

the board think they should get credit for open communication and delivering the strategy leading towards fan ownership, I just hope they don't get so wrapped up in running the club that they forget to give fans credit for weighing up the implications before delivering a resounding no vote

• Like 2

Fuck sake Motherwell. I can't believe that statement. A lot of people on here are on the cusp of giving up something that has been with them all their lives, something that they love and quite frankly, are a bit obsessed about.

Surely to god that should tug on the conscience if not the purse strings?! If this gets voted through we'll be in div 3 within 5yrs anyway due to not having any fans to pay players wages.

:(

Exactly !

Of course, I'm not saying it would be that extreme - that is why we need all the

information presented. It's more difficult to make an informed decision without

the information.

Hopefully Well Society members will be furnished with said information. I've e-mailed the club to enquire whether or not we'll receive any info.

I think some of our fans might be jumping to conclusions. I do agree the overall tone is slightly worrying but I don't think the club is necessarily saying they will vote 'yes'. I believe they want to vote yes and as such are outlining the reasons why as they know all too well how the fans feel.

I think the main point of the statement is to give the fans an insight as to what a 'no' vote would mean. I also believe the fans forum will be more about the club explaining in detail the full implications of a no vote rather than the fans simply stating the implications from their point of view if the board go against their wishes. For example we've already seen our budget slashed by 200k, if the club then say that if we as fans are adamant they vote no then we must accept the consequences. For example Murphy, Hutchinson & Randolph could all be sold off during the summer to balance the shortfall. Then next summer the likes of Hateley, Law, Humphrey, Higdon etc. won't be kept on and will be replaced with cheaper alternatives. This is what I also believe McCall's E-mail related too, about building on what we have done etc. I think working on the inside he as manager is all too aware that a no vote would require him to dismantle his team with little money to replace those leaving. It's a sacrifice we as fans have to understand and agree too. You can't force the board to say no and then have the usual moaning on here when someone leaves about us not replacing them and so forth.

I for one would be willing to take the hit. For me it's about integrity and they can't be in the SPL. However I'm also a realist and not someone who has great expectations of Motherwell. If we avoid a releagtion scrap and make the top six that's a pretty fucking good season for me. However we only have to look at some of the negativity on here last season duing the clubs most succesful season in SPL history to know some of our fans are throbbers who will get the board to say no and then complain when we're shit next season.

I think the board are still undecided on the matter. I think they are desperate to vote yes but are afraid the Well Society will collapse if they do. That's been evident in all their statements. I think with this latest statement they are trying to give the fans the best possible idea of the implications of a no vote. The drop in standards of our team while maybe the increased price of season tickets. Back to the days of a team made up of mostly our own youths and the odd reject from elsewehere. I fully understand that things could get quite tough for us if we say no and if any Motherwell board member is reading I fully understand the difficult position you're in. However I'm willing to take the chance as I believe a newco Rangers waltzing back into the SPL would kill Scottish football as a whole. IF we as fans can convince them at this fans fourm that we all understand the implications of a no vote, and promise to back them all the way by purchasing season tickets, contributing to the Well Society and buying mechandise etc. and plugging as much of a gap as possible that losing Rangers would result in, then I believe we can get them to vote no.

If the club do right by the fans, the fans will do right by the club. The answer must be no...

• Like 3

LOOK AFTER THE GAME, THE MONEY WILL FOLLOW. LOOK AFTER THE MONEY THE GAME WILL DIE!

This is not empty rhetoric. It is already proven fact. Our game has been dying on it's ass for 20 years because of the 'greed is good' philosophy of the SPL driven by the Old Firm.

No amount of pleading about the harsh realities of business will make me feel any different. I have no wish to see our club harmed but for the long term future of Motherwell FC and the Scottish game.....

THE ANSWER IS STILL NO!

Sorry to say but i think it's a 100% certainty M'well board will vote to keep the weegie cheats in SPL

What makes it even worse is the Well Society was supposed to give fans a genuine say in the running of the club and decisions it makes,unless and until the club consults and listens to the fans on this matter the aim of being a fans run club is dead in the water

We are obviously so reliant on money from the Old Firm that the prospect of losing three or so seasons income from one half's absence overides any principle or intergrity

A bit late in the day I suppose, but what would the general feeling on an actual protest against this happening be? Would those who have spoken out against it be up for helping put something together?

I've seen various talk from other clubs regarding a protest against this, and honestly I believe that we should be involved in anything that takes place.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Im up for it.

Live down in Ayrshire so the only chance I get to discuss this with Well fans is on here.

However all the Killie and Ayr fans I have spoken to are of the same opinion. Killie fans especially are raging at the attitude of their chairman and rightly so.

I would be ASHAMED if our club was party to voting newco back into the SPL and short of making rash statements about never going back it would certainly take away something about how I feel about the club.

If we can do anything to try and influence this we should.

Just tell us when and where.

The club are in a very difficult position and that statement does lean towards a yes vote. However, the club must be thinking about its future. Its all well and good us saying (and for what its worth i'm in the 'no' camp) we must vote no, but the reality of the situation is that the clubs income will be severely dented. Before even considering the sky deal, the money from rangers coming to FP 2/3 times a season is a lot of money to us. That is a fact.

Will the club have to lay off staff? players? the club will have to consider all these things and at least be sensitive to their situation because staff at the club i'm sure will be worried about the future.

For me however, the integrity of the game comes over everything. I think we just have to be patient; it will be disasterous whatever decision is made.

I think some of our fans might be jumping to conclusions....

Very well written and reflects a lot of my feelings as well. I have watched Motherwell when we have been playing in lower divisions and we survived and came back. If we have to cut back and be in the wilderness for a few years then so be it. We will come back stronger. I thank the board for spelling out what a NO vote will entail at its worst but I still think the groundswell in support from renewed and new season tickets and Well Society membership will help boost the club financially if the board vote NO. Its not all doom and gloom Motherwell FC. We have Champions League to look forward to and you never know we might make some decent cash from that or the Europa League. Trust your fans as we trust you to make the only decision that can be made. No to Club 12

For the record i don't want to rangers newco in the spl next season for many reasons.

I have faith in our board that they will listen and act in good faith in line with the fans views.

There is no need to protest as the club is holding a forum to hear your opinion and have an open discussion about a very serious situation that is affecting our game.

This is bigger than motherwell and i'm willing to hear the argument for a newco to be re entered into the spl, chances are sanctions are coming from the sfa to stop it anyway no matter what the vote achieves.

This is a great opportunity for the diddy clubs and we cannot allow financial concerns to scupper it, use it as a bargaining tool and be positive. Everyone has to back the club and buy into the Well Society, get season tickets if possible, encourage more to come along. Use this opportunity as a springboard to relaunching the Community Club ideal.

Financially I reckon we're fucked either way, but vote yes and the hit will come from our own fans mainly and there will little chance of ever coming back from it, vote no and we can recover with our fans support, thankful that finally our club has shown the balls to stand up for itself against the Darkside.

See if The Rangers were rejected it wouldn't just be Motherwell that would need to cut their cloth but every team in the SPL so it is not as bad as some (including the club) are making out.

Spot on, Everyone is the same including Celtic. They will be out the Scottish game and down south in a flash ! !

I'll take our league at the same standard as Wales and Ireland any day. At least we can all (SPL Clubs) hold our heads up and say we stood up for ourselves and are better for it!

See if The Rangers were rejected it wouldn't just be Motherwell that would need to cut their cloth but every team in the SPL so it is not as bad as some (including the club) are making out.

our board are only concerned about one team. it's not about us having a smaller budget than the teams around us it's about us not being able to pay our bills.

as the statement says we don't have any way of raising extra cash, if they come out and say it's possible that reduced income streams from a revised tv deal could force us back into admin would people still actually want them to vote against it?

If the board vote yes, they will be implicating the club in the biggest case of tax avoidance and malpractice in Scottish football history. By voting yes, the club is not only condoning cheating, but is actively participating in it. And that is fucking shameful.

I would support this club if we were skint and playing in the third division. I'm not sure I could continue to do so if we give 'The Rangers' a get out of jail free card for next season. Integrity must come first.

No to newco.

No to newco.

Scottish football will evolve.

If our board have fears then they should strategize and come up with new plans...just like everyone else will have to. Clubs are in this together, so keep the integrity and let the newco take their place at the bottom of the leagues.

our board are only concerned about one team. it's not about us having a smaller budget than the teams around us it's about us not being able to pay our bills.

as the statement says we don't have any way of raising extra cash, if they come out and say it's possible that reduced income streams from a revised tv deal could force us back into admin would people still actually want them to vote against it?

I agree the board are only concerned with MFC but that includes watching others around us

is the second part on admin just some more scaremongering or a is that a genuine question

I'd say vote against them and explore options of funding our club, there are always other options ( my society standing order is just finishing, managed without for last few months so I'd maybe allow for another few payments, not much but maybe with others enough) (maybe folk would donate a few months SKY money as I be ditching them too if thats what screws the league)

the statement also mentions that Rangers may be punished and put out the league for crimes that they have a case to still answer for, so the club should be preparing for life without them anyway

its also my belief that keeping them in will deal a blow worse than losing them for a few years, but its just going over old debates

I certainly don't have the same grasp of our mother-tongue as Stuart Cosgrove, (who put things very eloquently on Saturday's Off the Ball), but some things - outwith the Sporting Integrity considerations - to ponder over:-

this is no NewCo it's simply a repackaging of the OldCo - same stadium, same name, same strips, same ethos, same bigoted and narrowminded sectarian support, and with the same attitude, greed and financial/voting demands.

No Club will be required to give a reason for their Vote. I say to them that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to exorcise the loathing cemented thru decades of being the victim of Rangers' bullyboy and pillaging tactics. This is an opportunity to implement much needed change in our game. Change that has been stiffled by the Bigot Brothers, who want their cake and eat it ................... and who would have jumped ship at the drop of a hat had the Atlantic League taken off or the EPL beckoned, and who's to say they wouldn't do in future ----- then what ?

Without Rangers the cake may be smaller, but we'll get a bigger slice, and Celtic will no longer have such a powerful hold on things without their bosom buddies. The League will be more competitive, and attendances will increase ................ and so too may sponsorship.

Vote No -------- for change, and to save our game.

Vote Yes ------- to let the bully back into the playground, for the collapse of the Well Society, for a drop in Season Ticket sales, and a vastly reduced fan base............and the demise of MFC.

Great post.

I agree the board are only concerned with MFC but that includes watching others around us

is the second part on admin just some more scaremongering or a is that a genuine question

that's what i got from the statement. it's not possible to cut costs this season and it's not possible to raise revenue from outside sources. if we have bills that we can't pay then admin, again, would be on the cards.

I'd say vote against them and explore options of funding our club, there are always other options ( my society standing order is just finishing, managed without for last few months so I'd maybe allow for another few payments, not much but maybe with others enough) (maybe folk would donate a few months SKY money as I be ditching them too if thats what screws the league)

if people feel so strongly i'm sure there will be a lengthy queue with their bank details at the forum....