Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

but it read something like FUK you I am steelmenonline and I done it, get over it

I just read that part, and have to point out that you're talking shite, it never read anything like that. I'm not steelmenonline, and have never claimed to represent anyone other than myself.

As I said, it was suggested that we have too many threads on the subject, so I had a look and found that 99% of the stuff in each threads was the same as the stuff in the other threads, so I merged them. We have two NEWCO threads now, one relating to the club and one for general news on the situation.

As I also said, I didn't take into account the poll, and can add another if you wish. I doubt the results will be any different.

Club statement implying 'yes' vote yesterday, vote poll showing overwhelming support for 'no' vote deleted today...

Conspiracy!! :whistling:

:evilgrin:

In the long term i think NEWCO will benefit everyone...

IF "The Rangers" are allowed to stay in the SPL then they will struggle with a shitey team and be embarrassed and then the SPL will possibly loose its attraction.

IF "The Rangers" go to the 3rd division and win the league every year then;

a) Benefit the lower league teams giving them 4 glamour matches a season.

b) Allow the SPL to become more competitive with hopefully some teams stepping up to the plate in attempts to win the league.

c) Youth players at Rangers will have a chance to show and grow through the divisions helping Scottish football.

d) When/If "The Rangers" get back into the SPL, the prospect of an Old Firm match will be anticipated and well received world wide. But hopefully by then other teams are more competitive and less scared of the Old Firm dominance, helping scottish football in the long run.......

This is of course my opinion. Financially if we play well on the park we dont need Rangers... Its up to us on the park and off it if we choose NO

Rangers & Celtic will end up playing each other in "friendlies" if the NEWCO gets bumped, and you can bet that Sky will cover these games.

Don't see this happening to be honest. You really think a Div. 3 Rangers would want to play a friendly against Celtic when the diffrence in squads could be astronomogical leaving only a proper hiding as the only logical result?

Plus....would the authorities sanction a friendly between the bigot brothers?

Rangers & Celtic will end up playing each other in "friendlies" if the NEWCO gets bumped, and you can bet that Sky will cover these games.

This was mentioned a few days / weeks ago in ANOTHER THREAD! ! !

thanks for merging them, now i can read everyones comments about the same thing in the same thread!

:cheers:

I take it we don't have the protest thread now either then?

Talk on Twitter seems to be some sort of effort to get all fans to gather outside their respective clubs' stadiums at the same time on the 30th of June.

Talk on Twitter seems to be some sort of effort to get all fans to gather outside their respective clubs' stadiums at the same time on the 30th of June.

It would be good to get this sorted, if nothing else it will hammer home the thoughts of the fans to the respective team boards. I would have preferred a joint protest, however that had the potential to become a logistical nightmare. Anyway, once a date has been arranged a separate thread might be required to make sure everyone knows the date, time and place.

It would be good to get this sorted, if nothing else it will hammer home the thoughts of the fans to the respective team boards. I would have preferred a joint protest, however that had the potential to become a logistical nightmare. Anyway, once a date has been arranged a separate thread might be required to make sure everyone knows the date, time and place.

Although not a joint protest, if each club's fans do it on the same day - the media (even ours) at leaset wi;; see it as being close to this.

A lot of assumption being made that if the SPL say NO, the 3rd Div will say Yes. Every 3rd Div Club wants promotion to 2nd Div, and would see TR as a major stumbling block to that ambition .................... therefore they also may Vote No.

while the third Div clubs might vote no (bare in mind there are playoffs), the other 20 clubs in div 1 and 2 are bound by the same concerns!

Just back from holiday and read through everything thats been going on over the last few weeks, was really hoping Rainjurs had gone out of business and fecked off. They are worse than a turd that won't flush!!!

I can't believe that any club and even then SPL for that matter would entertain the idea of letting the newco back in. They should be looking to apply for entry to Div 3 and even then there are other clubs in the queue before them. I can only echo what others have been saying so i'm not going to ramble on to much.

Great shout. There's plenty fans of other clubs who might struggle to get their team's stadium.

It's very unlikely I'd be able to make it to Fir Park for any protest but I'd happily turn up to Pittodrie if I thought it was part of a concerted effort between us all.

• Like 1

FFS Can't leave folk alone for 5 minutes :doh::lol:

Any threads where moderating needs done and there are active attachments or polls can be separated to keep the content and re-merge that with new topic. I'll be setting up an e-course in due course :lol: