Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

...Celtic I'd say will actually be a stick on "Yes"...

Celtic stand to lose the most out of this, no question. A Celtic supporting mate claims it would be suicide for them to vote 'yes' but they'll obviously be severely damaged by voting 'no'.

I think that, like a lot of clubs, they'll accept that the landscape has now changed and they just need to adapt.

I think you can add United (1200 ST sales, down from over 4000 at a similar stage) and Aberdeen to the no's. And St.Johnstone have reportedly only shifted approx 200 season tickets.

Not so sure on those two. Stephen Thomson made noises at the outset which made it sound like United were minded to vote no, but heard very little lately. And the boardroom shenanigans at Aberdeen might have something to do with this vote...

As I see it, it's 3-3 just now.

Definite yes votes: Rangers, Celtic and Kilmarnock

Definite no Votes: Hibernian, Hearts and Motherwell

How the rest vill vote is anyone's guess...

I would agree with that mainly - but for me Celtic is still a tricky one, if they vote yes and the results are public they risk a lot of upsetting whole floods of their fans, I think it could be more risky for them to vote yes.... Not sure on them.

ICT Chairman open letter to the fans hints heavily IMO at a NO vote as well. That was a bit of a shock to me.

Open letter to the fans from ICTFC chairman Kenny Cameron:

The Rangers situation has resulted in a huge volume of letters, emails and phone calls to me from Caley Thistle supporters -- so many that I cannot reply individually, though all have been given due consideration and the board fully appreciates our fans' strength of feeling on the issue.

Similarly, all the posts on the fans' website have been noted. This week we consulted with the Supporters Trust, whose input is particularly important to us.

It is fair to say that those who say that Rangers have been punished sufficiently are in an extremely small minority of all the representations received.

The directors of the club have taken all the comments on board. Our final decision on the issue will be taken based on the views of supporters and the Supporters Trust combined with what we think is best for our club from a business perspective and for Scottish football in general.

This is an extremely busy period, otherwise I would have taken time to reply to all of our fans who have taken the trouble to contact me. Their views will not be arbitrarily dismissed.

Meanwhile, as events continue to unfold, the board will continue to assess the situation on an ongoing basis.

Thanks for your input,

Kenny Cameron

I would agree with that mainly - but for me Celtic is still a tricky one, if they vote yes and the results are public they risk a lot of upsetting whole floods of their fans, I think it could be more risky for them to vote yes.... Not sure on them.

I reckon they'll vote yes if they think the yes vote can win. They have a waiting list of people wanting a season ticket if others hand their back. And if a yes vote wins, they'll get taken if only becuase it's a guaranteed ticket for an Old Firm game. If thy reckon the no vote will win, then they might vote no to appease their supporters. Like you say, tough to call but I reckon that they want Rangers back in if only because they can see that other clus are warming to the task of getting rid of the 11-1 vote with Rangers ouyt of the way...

I reckon they'll vote yes if they think the yes vote can win. They have a waiting list of people wanting a season ticket if others hand their back. And if a yes vote wins, they'll get taken if only becuase it's a guaranteed ticket for an Old Firm game. If thy reckon the no vote will win, then they might vote no to appease their supporters. Like you say, tough to call but I reckon that they want Rangers back in if only because they can see that other clus are warming to the task of getting rid of the 11-1 vote with Rangers ouyt of the way...

Celtic do not have a waiting list , no club does , phone up just now and they'll sell you one, did you not see the spaces last season? it changes your argument slightly as for once their fans actually might have some power

Not so sure on those two. Stephen Thomson made noises at the outset which made it sound like United were minded to vote no, but heard very little lately. And the boardroom shenanigans at Aberdeen might have something to do with this vote...

Thompson, in The Herald I think, gave a long list of reasons for voting no, and then in the last sentence hinted that financials might sway him to vote yes.

I think the Celtic fans should be pressuring their own board for an answer on what way they're going to vote rather than threatening boycotts etc. Like I've said before, they have the most to lose, not just financially. My guess is they're staying silent, hoping enough of the other clubs declare a yes vote beforehand so they can vote no & come out with what they wanted in the 1st place & also save face with their fans by voting no & blaming it on all the other clubs!

I think the Celtic fans should be pressuring their own board for an answer on what way they're going to vote rather than threatening boycotts etc. Like I've said before, they have the most to lose, not just financially. My guess is they're staying silent, hoping enough of the other clubs declare a yes vote beforehand so they can vote no & come out with what they wanted in the 1st place & also save face with their fans by voting no & blaming it on all the other clubs!

Nail on the head their. Thats the only way Celtic were ever gona vote.

Held off making any comment until now. I'll keep it brief.

There should be no balancing act between morality and economics. Without sporting integrity, rules, regulation and authority, we have no sport. The SPL could become WWF2. The Old Firm fans often label us smaller clubs "the diddy teams" By voting Rangers in, that would confirm us as just that.

Let's use this opportunity to revamp Scottish future - amalgamate the Associations, reduce admission prices and encourage youth development. Enable competitive football to develop and flourish.

If Rangers Newco joins the SPL, this lifelong season ticket holder won't renew.

• Like 1

The major point in this whole mess is not ONE club in Scotland got Rangers into this mess they done this to themselves.

To talk of boycotts etc is a joke.

Rangers and their fans you only have yourselves to blame.

No point blaming SDM, no Rangers fans complained when the trophies were piling in despite the tax avoidance and double contracts (allegedly).

No one complained when Whyte took over and everyone on Follow Follow and Ranger Media lauded him and looked forward to more trophies.

Even when it was obvious that Whyte was not paying NI/PAYE it was someone else's fault.

When they went into administration it was the SFA/SPL fault, when they went into Liquidation it was HMRC fault, nothing to do with not paying taxes. Now that they are scraping about looking for a way back its the diddys teams fault.

Not once have anyone on the Rangers Board said sorry or it was their own fault.

Who was the 'unsure'? What's to be unsure about! :)

It wasn't me, but there is plenty to be unsure about seeing as we don't even know if it's a straight Yes/No vote or there are other issues to be taken into consideration at the same time.