Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

Rangers hoping to be out of admin by Monday. Apparently.

Being liquidated on Monday?

It is that or a CVA which takes time to agree and has a 28 day cooling period, you'd think if they propose a CVA tomorrow, it'd be 5 weeks minimum before they are out of admin if everything goes as well as they could hope for.

Whomever said Monday is telling porkies, thankfully :laugh:

Really pleased with that statement from the club.

Well thought out, well-articulated, and well-reasoned.

Obviously with no decision to make right now they were never going to come down definitely on one side of the argument or other, but I'm really happy to see a commitment in paper to consult with fans groups before any decision is made.

In comparison to the Killie chairman’s embarrassing "Finance must override sporting integrity" comments this is night and day.

BBC web site says it's just the transfer ban they are trying to overturn.

Sion Precedence

Sion was removed from the Europa League by UEFA on September 2 after it was ruled it fielded ineligible players in a playoff tie against Celtic in August. The club lost an appeal against the ruling and took the case to the Swiss courts, an action expressly prohibited by FIFA and UEFA rules.

It's UEFA rules, they're not taking sides, particularly, but failing to control the clubs within your remit is looked upon quite dimly, it would appear.

All Scottish clubs would be removed from the competition, and the national team removed from WC qualifying, worst case scenario.

It's UEFA rules, they're not taking sides, particularly, but failing to control the clubs within your remit is looked upon quite dimly, it would appear.

All Scottish clubs would be removed from the competition, and the national team removed from WC qualifying, worst case scenario.

Is this if the verdict is overturned by the courts?

It's if it goes to court at all really, I think, I could be wrong though.

I mean, not nailed on fact to happen, but that's what happened this year, given that they removed Sion after the games were played. I presume we'd just be removed beforehand, which would be easier.

From The Herald's article

However, taking on the SFA in court would be fraught with difficulties. The process would be expensive and potentially time-consuming, and it may have little chance of success. When Rangers were fined £160,000 and banned from registering any player older than 18 for 12 months – as punishments for Whyte and the club bringing the game into disrepute – they lost an appeal to the SFA. A three-man tribunal including Lord Carloway ruled the sanction was "proportionate to the breach, dissuasive to others, and effective in the context of serious misconduct".

Any legal challenge could have wider repercussions. In January, football's world ruling body, FIFA, threatened to ban the Swiss Football Association if it failed to impose a transfer ban on FC Sion. The club had been put under a transfer embargo but signed players anyway and when UEFA expelled them from the Europa League, they took the case to court. Neither FIFA nor UEFA approve of member clubs taking on their national association in court.

If the court rules it illegal, I'm not sure what the SFA can do (as I recall, Sion lost their court case). However, it looks more like Rangers are trying to bend the rules and have a temporary uplifting of the ban so they can sign players over the summer.

It looks a bit end game to me, they're running out of options.

The SFA can't blink, surely.

Not after the appeal panel included Lord Carloway (you'd hope). And their report was pretty detailed and damning.

From my thinking they would only attempt this if the SFA failed to uphold the punishment leveid on Rangers, not for failing to control a member club.

Taking Sion as a "test" then Fatcalf is correct I believe.

The SFA have handed out punishment

The SFA then defender this on appeal

Rangers next step would be to go to UEFA. They know they don't have a leg to stand on with UEFA thanks to the money owed to Manchester City, St Etiene and Rapid Vienna!

They would then need to go to CAS. And that would be a minimum of about £4m and a likely defeat (on that UEFA have not always allowed a CAS decision to stand).

If UEFA find the SFA's actions fair, and Rangers were to go to the Court of Session then UEFA would demand Rangers removed from the SFA - if this is not done THEN we'd have a Sion.

The SFA should be getting backing from UEFA officially (even if they have already got it behind closed doors).

From the article though, the issue from it was that Rangers are taking the SFA to court, which is where the problem is, being against the rules, no?

All the rest of the things mentioned are right as well, I think, regarding CAS and the like, but its not really down to UEFA to take sides, is it?

Rangers are attempting to force the other SPL clubs to show their hands on this matter. They believe they have been punished enough, and it now boils down to which side you are on. The Killie chairman is one of a few who has come out in support of the poor souls, I only hope the other chairmen and courts see through this charade.

UEFA have always backed their members against individual clubs - even if they have done nothing publically. UEFA will only act if they believe their Member Associations have done something wrong. For example, the Swiss FA got into trouble with FIFA (and UEFA) because they refused to back UEFA's decision.

In fact the Sion thing is nothing like the Rangers matter - and should never have been brought up tbh

Only sion were banned not all Swiss clubs. One of them even knocked man united out the champions league.

True, but FIFA and UEFA threatened the Swiss FA with banishment. Not because of what Sion did though - for not at first backing UEFA's decision to ban them from signing players. The way our media (no surprise) are reporting it makes us look like it is the same thing happening here.

As soon as FIFA and UEFA did that though, Sion were deducted a hell of a lot of points which has seen them relegated as it would have caused Basle their place in the Champions League (after knocking Manchester United out).