Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

Why don't you just give it to me big boy - or are you not up for it.

I will and I'll enjoy every last minute, same as I have for the last 45 years. But you mate can take your principles and shove them where the sun don't shine, better still nip off and join the Green Brigade, because its plain that your heart doesn't really lie here - they'll no doubt welcome you and your principles with open arms.

Time for you and others with similar views to either put up or shut up - don't wanna come back - don't let the door smack you on the arse on the way out, support like yours won't be missed.

To be honest mate - I'm not really up for it after giving it a bit of thought. Thanks for the offer tho.

I'm not really into the green brigade either, or the rangers fighting fund - I'm a straight down the middle anti any OF kinda person. Your response probaly shows where your tendencies lie rether than mine.

Thing is like you say - we've all known the cards have been stacked in the OF's favour.

And as Big Stall says I'm beginning to sound like a broken record.

Thing also is just as I'm sounding like a broken record arguing my case - others are sounding similar to me defending the blue pound. It's all gettin a bit tedious as it rumbles along. It just depends what side of the debate you fall on - what record begins to grate on your ears.

There are quite clearly two camps - them that will continue to turn up and watch the well in all competitions no matter how corrupt the competition has been shown to have been and those who will stop going because it's just a step too far.

In all honesty I can see both sides - whatever side folk fall down on - no-one is better than the other.

I'll be there next season - but I've really gone through the mangle on it.

These c***s are tearing the game apart

• Like 2

Couldn't care less what happens with Rangers (NEWCO, OLDCO, CVA) my love is and always will be Motherwell FC and nothing, but nothing will change that, or my financial backing to the club.

Which is why the SPL clubs & the bigwigs at the SPL know they can rip the pish without fear of any real comeback.

When you're offering a product that the customer will buy regardless of its quality you have no real incentive to maintain the quality, or to improve on it. Christ, these customers actually see themselves being short-changed as some sort of badge of honour.

I know that talking about football as a product will not sit right with some people, but that's exactly how those who run our clubs and league see it.

better still nip off and join the Green Brigade, because its plain that your heart doesn't really lie here - they'll no doubt welcome you and your principles with open arms.

Tragic comment and says more about where your passion lies than any you argue against

Time for you and others with similar views to either put up or shut up - don't wanna come back - don't let the door smack you on the arse on the way out, support like yours won't be missed.

other than holding off on ticket purchase and joining the 'Well society those arguing it probably have 'put up' other than that what are they meant to do apart from continue to voice their concerns over the equally broken record claiming its better to turn a blind eye to blatant corruption, than to call for our own club to vote against it

much of the media and the establishment are choosing to not even give an open view on the potential scenarios either way, without fans voicing grievance Chick Young and his cronies would have had the general public fundraising for Rangers as victims

and as for fans that try and force others out of our small support :wank:

Which is why the SPL clubs & the bigwigs at the SPL know they can rip the pish without fear of any real comeback.

When you're offering a product that the customer will buy regardless of its quality you have no real incentive to maintain the quality, or to improve on it. Christ, these customers actually see themselves being short-changed as some sort of badge of honour.

I know that talking about football as a product will not sit right with some people, but that's exactly how those who run our clubs and league see it.

Spot on.

It seems that if you even dare to suggest that football is a product or a form of entertainment you are dismissed as simply not being a 'true fan' or loving the club as much as the next person. It's pretty cringe-worthy stuff.

I've already put £300 I pretty much didn't have into the 'Well Society and I've not even thought about season ticket renewals yet. What I do or don't do next season is entirely my own business and I don't need to justify it to anyone. However, if I do happen to decide that the thousands of pounds I put into following SPL football is no longer worth it because the level of corruption has reached unacceptable levels then so be it. I find it quite bizarre that some people genuinely seem to struggle with the notion that some would view pumping money into something that they view as overly corrupt as a step too far.

Usually it's the Old Firm fans who take every possible chance to make themselves feel superior compared to other fans because of who they support. If a few 'Well fans on an internet messageboard want to pounce on a chance to briefly experience that wee, warm, fuzzy feeling of superiority for themselves by dismissing me, or those with the same opinion as me, as someone who doesn't really love Motherwell FC or isn't a 'real fan' then batter in. laugh.gif

Tragic comment and says more about where your passion lies than any you argue against

other than holding off on ticket purchase and joining the 'Well society those arguing it probably have 'put up' other than that what are they meant to do apart from continue to voice their concerns over the equally broken record claiming its better to turn a blind eye to blatant corruption, than to call for our own club to vote against it

much of the media and the establishment are choosing to not even give an open view on the potential scenarios either way, without fans voicing grievance Chick Young and his cronies would have had the general public fundraising for Rangers as victims

and as for fans that try and force others out of our small support :wank:

My only passion is Motherwell FC, no other allegiancies. I'm not forcing others out, they are going of their own accord, nothing I can do about that. I never at any time said that I'm not sick to the back teeth of the pantomime that is Rangers, but as others have alluded to - I won't penalise my own team as a result, if your comfortable with that, fine I'm happy for you.

This thread is ridiculous.

Rangers are c***s and the Scottish game is rotten to the core. As 'Well fans we should all agree with these long-established facts.

What we won't all agree on is whether these facts put us off the game enough to turn our back on it and, as a result, our own club. We all have the right to decide this for ourselves without fear of reprisal. Equally, we shouldn't enforce our own decision on other Dossers.

Just leave it be lads.

• Like 3

Couldn't really care less if they do. My opinion is that I'm unwilling to compromise my support for MFC as a result of others indiscretions - others have a different view and have chosen not to return in the present circumstances good luck to them in whatever they will do now with their time.

others have a different view and have chosen not to return in the present circumstances good luck to them in whatever they will do now with their time.

Who are these people? blink.gif

I don't think I've read one post on here from someone suggesting they've now chosen not to return in the present circumstances.

being a supporter and being a customer clearly aren't the same thing.

My opinion is that I'm unwilling to compromise my support for MFC as a result of others indiscretions.

My problem isn't with Rangers actions, but it could be with how our club and the brass at the SPL decide to deal with it. You seem unable to grasp the fact my issue is with how our club and the SPL deal with the Rangers situation, not what Rangers actually do from here on in.

If the situation eventually calls for a vote on Rangers stance in the SPL, or their transfer of shares to a NEWCO, and our club votes against Rangers being allowed to slide then I'll happily continue my support. If our club decides to take part in any sweeping under the carpet of the Rangers issue in favour of some breadcrumbs from the Old Firm table then I'll be done, simple as that.

I'm not saying that makes me any better than those who wish to continue their support, or those who harbour a bias towards the blue half of Glasgow within our support. I simply refuse to buy into an openly corrupt set-up, simple as that.

None of this has come to pass yet though, so my season ticket renewal forms sit on my table, waiting to be filled in when the club and those who run our league do the right thing.

Again, not to those who run our club or our game.

too true a customer wouldn't worry about a business operating in a market place that showed very little sporting integrity or corporate honesty in competition, they would simply walk away and choose another company

supporters on the other hand spend evenings on the internet discussing pro and cons of decisions yet to be made by others, that could very well go against personal values and that could find them spending less time around their much loved club, but not taking their support elsewhere

This thread is almost identical to one on killiefc.com (and every other non old firm Spl forum)

I can see both sides of argument but Rangers MUST be hammered, anything else and the game in this country is dead. Blatant cheating cannot be ignored

Horrible club, horrible fans and I wish them nothing but misery. Hopefully one down, one to go.

• Like 5

This thread is starting to bore me with the whole "I'm a better and more loyal fan than you" guff....

I will ALWAYS have Motherwell FC at heart, wether we are in the 3rd division obscurity, in the chanmpions league or in a league that not only allows complete and blantant corruption, but encourgaes it.

If (and it is an IF at this moment) Rangers go to the wall, are found guilty of rule breaches with the pending investigation into EBTs, and lose their big tax case then IMO the SPL and the SFA cannot allow them to carry on the way they are as one of Scotland's so called "flagship" clubs - no matter the financial implications! If the SPL vote for a newco Rangers, guilty of tax evasion, to remain in the top flight then, as others have put it, the game truly is a bogie! Sporting integrity is out the window, the "fair play" that football is built on through FIFA guildlines has been pissed all over and we are left with a league that is absolutely 100% corrupt and essentially pointless. I believe many "loyal" fans will walk away and no doubt FIFA and UEFA will put there noses in to further sanction everyone for the misdemeanours of Rangers and the authorities for being so naive to allow financial clout to outweigh common decency and justice. For me, should these things happen, I'd still be upset if a newco Rangers was allowed to reatin its SFA membership and gain access to Div.3 - with their rap sheet that would be unjust, but I'd be willing to accept it and move on believing that lessons had been learned, mainly by the clowns in charge of our game.

Now due to work, etc I don't make it to Fir Park half as often as I'd like. In fact I'm ashamed to admit that I only made it to 7games last season (3 of which were away!) which is my worst attendance in the 20 odd years I've supported Motherwell. IF a newco Rangers is voted back in, I would lose the guilt I feel for missing games and would become indiffrent to the league and, although I'd probably still go from time to time, my only interest in Scottish football whatsoever would be my passion for the club. I'd attend to see my team play a game of football on a Saturday afternoon, nothing more, nothing less. I'd not give a monkeys about league placing, etc because I would have lost all faith in our league and governing body that I would fail to recognise them.

Now if people want to stay away completely that's entirely their perogative. The same as if people want to turn a blind eye and carry on as normal. But there is no escaping the fact that all clubs in Scotland would see a drop in attendances. Our game would become even more of a laughing stock on the world stage and it would set us off on a path to complete obscurity (similar too Irish/Welsh leagues much more so than an SPL without Rangers!!)

For ANY fan of ANY club in Scotland to think that a newco Rangers, with all their years of cheating, being allowed to stay in the SPL is not a complete violation of the essence of sport as we know it, then for me they are 100% deluded. Carry on going if you wish, just don't take some moral high-ground that you are a better fan than those who have chosen to turn their backs!

And until we know the outcome of the Rangers debacle and exactly how the SPL/SFA/FIFA/UEFA/etc react, this is all pure spectulation.But as I said in my earlier post, Rangers newco or Rangers with a CVA absolutely need to be punished accordingly for the sake of sporting integrity and the sake of the future of our game.

• Like 1

This thread is starting to bore me with the whole "I'm a better and more loyal fan than you" guff....

I will ALWAYS have Motherwell FC at heart, wether we are in the 3rd division obscurity, in the chanmpions league or in a league that not only allows complete and blantant corruption, but encourgaes it.

my only interest in Scottish football whatsoever would be my passion for the club. I'd attend to see my team play a game of football on a Saturday afternoon, nothing more, nothing less. I'd not give a monkeys about league placing, etc because I would have lost all faith in our league and governing body that I would fail to recognise them.

I've pretty much been there for a number of years TBH, it's great to see my team doing well but to me the SPL has been corrupt and not fit for purpose since it's inception. It's very creation went against the ethos of 'sport' or sporting integrity and the pandering to the OF by both the SPL and SFA has been truly sickening to see. Only just pipped by the arse licking from the diddy clubs as they scramble to pick up the crumbs from their table. I do wish the other clubs would see what us fans can see, a life without the big 2 jobies which is far removed from the doomsday scenario they all fear. For all I despise the OF, provincial clubs have been complicit in all of this by failing to show the backbone required to get us all a fair deal.

There was even a time where the season ticket would have happily be foregone, only the kids kept me going regularly but I came through that and enjoy my games again for what they are, a chance to catch up with me old muckers and do what I do, watch my team. I shake my head when I see an inept ref cost us goals and points, I'll give the c**t pelters for a while and moan about it but at the end of the day it's not that important and by the time I'm halfway home it's usually forgotten about, and that's a dangerous place for clubs to be cos if everyone goes the same way many might just fling the vickys and go find something else to do. Clubs have to stand up for themselves on this issue, it's the final chance they may have to keep their hardcore onside.

I've pretty much been there for a number of years TBH, it's great to see my team doing well but to me the SPL has been corrupt and not fit for purpose since it's inception. It's very creation went against the ethos of 'sport' or sporting integrity and the pandering to the OF by both the SPL and SFA has been truly sickening to see. Only just pipped by the arse licking from the diddy clubs as they scramble to pick up the crumbs from their table.

I agree that the SPL is essential corrupt, with a ridiculous and unfair balance towards the OF. However, to an extent there is still a degree of competiton and sporting integrity. If the rest of the provincial clubs continue to show no backbone and allow a Rangers newco to continue unpunished, then that will take it to a whole new level. In my eyes, a decision not to pusnish blanatant cheating is no diffrent from match fixing. Our corrupt league would stop being a joke and become a completely pointless novelty that has absolutely no standing, no respect, no dignity and , basically, no point in existing.