Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion / actions on this

This is a watershed moment for Scottish Football, and it's a golden opportunity to do the right thing, and create a fairer / more level playing field

If they let a new company straight into the SPL, then it's all over, for me

Let's be honest, if it was any other club (other than C*ltic), they would be out.

Let's be honest, if it was any other club (other than C*ltic), they would be out.

And that my friend is what makes this whole matter 100times worse!!

Say the same happens to Hearts in a few years when Romanov pulls the plug and the SPL quickly kick them out. and throw the book at them....surely then Hearts would be able to sue the SPL/SFA for favouritism?!

If they are found guilty and go to the wall, keeping them in will create many more problems for the SPL/SFA down the line, with UEFA/FIFA sanctions, law suits, etc, etc.

If at the end of all the debates/discussions or whatever you want to call it, should the SPL representatives allow Rangers to participate in the SPL and do not ensure a fairer distribution of the income available, then I never want to hear another Chairman/Chief Executive/Manager complain/moan about the lack of resources available or the inequality of the funding split because they had the opportunity to deal with it and chose not to.

It is bad enough when you can't do anything about a situation but a 100 times worse when you have the opportunity to deal with it and don't!

• Like 3

If at the end of all the debates/discussions or whatever you want to call it, should the SPL representatives allow Rangers to participate in the SPL and do not ensure a fairer distribution of the income available, then I never want to hear another Chairman/Chief Executive/Manager complain/moan about the lack of resources available or the inequality of the funding split because they had the opportunity to deal with it and chose not to.

It is bad enough when you can't do anything about a situation but a 100 times worse when you have the opportunity to deal with it and don't!

I don't actually hear anyone other than fans moan about the inequality of the financial distribution which is strange, or not considering it's the clubs themselves who negotiated it. How anyone can be happy with their negotiating skills after coming away with a such a lopsided split is beyond me so I can only surmise they try to keep quiet on the issue in case fans suss them out. In which case they're too late by far. Fucking embarrassment and the fans recognised this straight away, further disgrace that it hasn't been addressed still. They should be battering doors down just now as the time is ripe for forcing change through. Could be the only oportunity but given the lack of backbone previously will they see that window?

• Like 1

As I have said before on this, I would love the club to tell the fans how much the old firm contribute to our revenue. In my opinion it is ludicrous that the first two in the SPL (i.e. old firm) get by far the majority of the cash, the difference between 2nd and 3rd I believe is around £300-£400K, so if Motherwell finished 3rd we would be able to secure the current team and we would not have to force them to take a wage cut.

Do we know what the SPL split of cash would be if we did not have the old firm (obviously depens on SKY/TV money etc). I for one would be happy to see both of them kicked out, would help reduce the bigotted vile that runs through west central Scotland. But obviously I need to know what that means for my club.

As I have said before on this, I would love the club to tell the fans how much the old firm contribute to our revenue. In my opinion it is ludicrous that the first two in the SPL (i.e. old firm) get by far the majority of the cash, the difference between 2nd and 3rd I believe is around £300-£400K, so if Motherwell finished 3rd we would be able to secure the current team and we would not have to force them to take a wage cut.

The difference was £900k

I think the figures were

Celtic £2.9m for finishing first

Them £2.5m for finishing second

MFC £1.6m for third.

clearly weighted in favour of the top two.

This needs to be renegotisted to STOP the gap from growing and allow greater competition, not less.

Thats why the figures for a TV deal are sh**e. The biggest losers out of the TV deal collapsing will always be Celtic and Rangers and thats why the so called free press in this country tell us that it will be a disaster.

A smaller TV deal without Rangers more equitably split would result in a little less money for each club but not insurmountable. It would also help CUT the gap between Celtic and the rest.

And thats before you even start looking at other ways to improve the game for the paying punter.

The money is split , based on league finish, as follows, so it shows how heavily it is biased in favour of the OF:

1 – 4% + 13% = 17%

2 – 4% + 11% = 15%

3 – 4% + 5.5% = 9.5%

4 – 4% + 4.5% = 8.5%

5 – 4% + 4.0% = 8.0%

6 – 4% + 3.5% = 7.5%

7 – 4% + 3.0% = 7.0%

8 – 4% + 2.5% = 6.5%

9 – 4% + 2.0% = 6.0%

10 – 4% + 1.5% = 5.5%

11 – 4% + 1.0% = 5.0%

12 – 4% + 0.5% = 4.5%

Here’s hoping that we and the other clubs do the RIGHT thing.

I don't think there will be any need for a decision to be made. I will bet my left bollock (and it's my second favourite) that any sale of assets will be blocked in court by HMRC. They've apparently already appointed an insolvency expert - BDO - to take over from Fud and Skelps. There's no way they will allow assets valued at £109m to be sold for £5.5m when they're owed a stack.

I don't think there will be any newco to be voted in or out.

Time for the SPL Chairmen to show their hands as a Newco is all but guaranteed now that they are liquidised.

I think it's liquidated but I like your style ;)

• Like 2

I will bet my left bollock (and it's my second favourite) that any sale of assets will be blocked in court by HMRC. They've apparently already appointed an insolvency expert - BDO - to take over from Fud and Skelps. There's no way they will allow assets valued at £109m to be sold for £5.5m when they're owed a stack.

Aye, it was mentioned briefly on the news today that HMRC are seeking to bring their own administrators in to handle the liquidation, it seems as though D&P are going to be given the boot. Hopefully HMRC will then chase them for cash too as they've clearly been putting money from the club that should have been going to creditors in their own back pockets since February. HMRC would be mad not to seize Ibrox, they have every right to as the main creditor.

Div from Pie & Bovril (the guy that owns it), saying he's been informed that Sky have privately given comfort to the SPL that they have no intention of deserting the league. There will be a re-negotiation of terms (understandable), but they will be broadcasting Scottish Football with or without Rangers.

• Like 1

Div from Pie & Bovril (the guy that owns it), saying he's been informed that Sky have privately given comfort to the SPL that they have no intention of deserting the league. There will be a re-negotiation of terms (understandable), but they will be broadcasting Scottish Football with or without Rangers.

To be fair, that was always on the cards anyway. The only people who thought a TV deal in any form would die with Rangers are blinked Cream Buns and morons.

IT'S A GREAT DAY, KIDS ! :drinks:

To the Directors / Management of MFC

I know you read this

Please listen to your customers

Do now allow any variant of this cheating, bigoted club instant access to the SPL !

This is our time

Thank you

• Like 1

MFC official site

The Board at Motherwell Football Club today (Tuesday) released the following statement in light of recent developments in the on-going situation at Rangers FC.

“The Board is very aware of implications of all scenarios and will consider them in detail when all the information we need is at our disposal.

“We will consult our members, shareholders and fans before taking a decision on what our position should be.

“We regard the sustainability of the club and the integrity of the sport as inter-linked. We have a duty to act in the interests of our club and we hope these can be reconciled with the interests of the game.

“It really is more important than ever that all Motherwell fans continue their fantastic support of our club.”

Reading the statement there seems to be a word missing:

“We regard the sustainability of the club and the integrity of the sport as inter-linked. BUT We have a duty to act in the interests of our club and we hope these can be reconciled with the interests of the game.

It looks to me that any decision will be taken with cash in mind, maybe once we hear how much sky is willing to pay then the club will make a decision.

Basically the same statement they released a couple a weeks ago.

Read it then, and I still do now that if Motherwell FC back a NewCo blind then the could suffer worse than if they kick them out.

Think a lot hinges on the SPL meeting on double contracts tomorrow.