Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

Agree with this option, but a straight we need the money "yes" vote and I'm off to watch SFL/junior football.

The SFL receive 'support payments' from the SPL and the relegated teams receive SPL parachute payments, so presumably watching those leagues is also verboten.

yes it was cleared up at the last meeting, as originally it was only the SPL board that would vote, its now all the SPL clubs, Ross county taking Dunfermlines vote

and yes it appears Rangers or newco get to vote on themselves, although hopefully that gets sorted as its baffling that a company who don't exist can vote on anything

Cheers. I saw that all SPL clubs get a vote, but was still unclear as to what they were allowed to vote on. Read a few articles over the last couple of months that stated there was no provision in the SPL rules to deal with a newco, so had no idea on what the latest thinking was.

Vote them out and then the eleven remaining clubs take on Celtic to.....

1. Change the voting rights to a fairer 8-4

2. Use those new voting rights to change the TV revenue split

3. Vote in a split of the home gate 50-50.

Celtic wouldnt like it but it would recompense the 11 teams for the loss of the Rangers revenue. Celtic would just have to cut their cloth to suit.

I wonder just how the opinions and thoughts of the Fans in this situation will be considered, will there be a letter with a wee tear off slip now given that the club send me letters ahead of OF Games to remind me I can buy an away end ticket when I am a ST holder and have joined the Well Society I wonder about the quality of our clubs database.

Perhaps Leeann will start a thread on here and on FP Corner whistling.gif

My personal thoughts will be renewing ST next week but continued Well Society membership is in doubt over this!

I'd be pissed off if our club voted to keep them when the vast majority of us don't want it. That would be a complete insult and contradicition to the idea of a "community" club that they are striving so hard to acheive!

Sporting integrity is more important than all the money in the world. End of.

I'd be pissed off if our club voted to keep them when the vast majority of us don't want it.

There's one of the problems though. What do the 'vast majority' want? It's a pretty small number that post on here.

What if the majority of 'Well fans, on seeing the actual proposal, decide they want Rangers in the SPL?

Diggle's comment above re the failings of their fans is right on in my opinion - it has been their collective failure to comprehend the gravity of their own situation, and the appropriate location of blame, which has led to their demise. The pigheaded arrogance built into the bun dna has done for them. For the last decade they have wanted to 'let us rot' by leaving for another league, now they want to let us rot for wanting rid of them. Good riddance.

Couldn't honestly say i'll never go back regardless of the decisions of the present board. Love the club too much for that, and we're in the chaps league! But if we vote a newco straight back in it would forever taint well for me, and i'd be less inclined to make the effort for nothing fixtures. I could never go to watch us play the newco we propped up, and could never take the 'community/family club' thing seriously. And the mini-h**s jibe would hit home (though not from celtic which i expect to vote for the newco).

I urge the club to consider their fans. We are in part defined by our collective decision not to take the bus into glasgow. Also consider in the potential for a better financial future without the meagre benefits of sectarianism and cheating.

• Like 1

The club should issue all season ticket holders a voting slip with a simple YES and NO question and the outcome should be how they vote.

Because it's only the season ticket holders that count when it comes to fans?

• Like 1

Official Club Statement:

The Board at Motherwell Football Club today (Tuesday) released the following statement in light of recent developments in the on-going situation at Rangers FC.

The Board is very aware of implications of all scenarios and will consider them in detail when all the information we need is at our disposal.“We will consult our members, shareholders and fans before taking a decision on what our position should be. “We regard the sustainability of the club and the integrity of the sport as inter-linked. We have a duty to act in the interests of our club and we hope these can be reconciled with the interests of the game.

“It really is more important than ever that all Motherwell fans continue their fantastic support of our club.”

That's as clear as mud!

Don't like the " We have a duty to act in the interests of our club and we hope these can be reconciled with the interests of the game"

seems like money talking again instead of sporting integrity!

There's one of the problems though. What do the 'vast majority' want?

To be honest the vast majority probably don’t care either way, and will continue to attend SPL games no matter what. The posters on here are in a minority, and only make up a very small percentage of our support. I fully expect to be in the minority who wont go back if we vote YES to a Newco. At the end of the day it’s my personal decision, and the complete opposite of Sally McMoist... I will be walking away.

I'm not someone who has been clambering for Rangers to be thrown out of the SPL but I think if ANY club cannot guarentee that it can fulfill the season 2012/13 fixtures which are due to be released 18th June then they should not be allowed to compete in the league.

Therefore as far as I am concerned Rangers have 5 days to sort themselves out and it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

The fans have voted :thumbup:

47439877.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

no1s.jpg

no3mz.jpg

no4pf.jpg

Quite conclusive I'd say, thanks to the club for allowing us the use of the stadium for the purposes of garnering opinion on this emotive subject. :rolleyes:

Can't for the life of me remember what those No signs were for!

Ah well might as well say it's against the newco

I don't like the wording of the Club Statement. It suggests they will be voting to allow a newco back into SPL.

On moral grounds alone they have to come out and say "No", otherwise they will be condoning the activities of RFC. Let's see a bit of steel from the Steelmen. Let's lead here by example and don't wait behind closed doors and announce "It is a majority decision of all SPL clubs". Show some honesty, integrity and balls by announcing we will be voting No now. You will get plenty of praise from the rest of Scottish football and from the Well fans.

The interests of the club are to listen to the supporters and don't allow this newco back into the SPL.

I have been a fan for many many years and I will not renew my season ticket or attend any SPL games if the Board votes Yes. I have been holding off renewing my season ticket until the decision is announced. I will be behind the club at the CL qualifiers and cup games, but I will not be back to any SPL games if this newco is allowed to stay in the league.

I for one will not miss their sectarianism or tribalism at Fir Park if they get voted out.

AvOTTCqCEAE2E24.jpg

Big thx to @RabBryson for pic

Edited by jim mccann
  • Like 1

CVA hasn't been formally rejected yet.

Newco hasn't been formed (and legality of it, could yet be challenged)

Criteria for vote (if it's held) not been communicated.

There are so many details yet to be established that it's far too soon, for me at least, to consider my reaction to hypotheticals.