Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

In that case, I stand corrected. That was my (mis)understanding. But my original point about a new Rangers company stands. They start again. In Division 3. And with no trophy record.

Your original point doesn't really stand though. They don't necessarily start in the 3rd Division if the same rules are applied.

Airdrie bought Clydebank's place, no other club has been allowed to stay in the SFL as a Newco.

Don't think this NewCo is a done deal by a long shot.

Duff & Phelps alias Smith & Jones (for the over 45's), have apparently agreed terms with Mr Green in the region of £5.5M for the transfer of Assets to the NewCo ...... which just so happens to be D&P's bill, allegedly.

Conservatively speaking: Ibrox, Murray Park, the Albion Ground, and the playing staff have to be worth a lot more than that.

+ From my 20yrs banking experience I know that Liquidators number one objective is to realise a maximum price for asset sales, in order that Creditors may get some money back, so the Asset Transfer as being currently boasted by Smith & Jones is a lot of bollox.

NO.

It's not just about 'justice' or whatever, there are a million reasons to want Rangers humbled - i suspect it's impossible. It is about the relationship between our club and our fans. As i've said on another thread, if Well for vote quick cash over the views of the fans which sustain the club we would be forever tainted, and so much good work in recent years undone.

I think we'll vote no anyway.

In that case, I stand corrected. That was my (mis)understanding. But my original point about a new Rangers company stands. They start again. In Division 3. And with no trophy record.

Not quite, they will have to apply to fill the vacany left by Rangers going bust further up the food chain. Spartans can apply too. :evilgrin:

Your original point doesn't really stand though. They don't necessarily start in the 3rd Division if the same rules are applied.

Airdrie bought Clydebank's place, no other club has been allowed to stay in the SFL as a Newco.

Wrong. "Airdrie" meaning "Airdrieonians" did NOT buy Clydebank, Jim Ballantyne did.

If I were a Rangers fan, (heaven forbid) and I won a few quid in the Lottery and bought Ross County, changed the name to Rangers and played at Ibrox, would you say "Rangers" bought Ross County ? I mean it would make good business sense, so that the legions of fellow christian hating gers fans would come into the stadium singing their hymns of hate, but would it be true ?

The following is a quote from Wikipedia (which disnae mean it's wrang) -

"Ballantyne went on to complete a buy-out of the ailing Second Division side Clydebank[7] and with SFL approval the club was relocated to Airdrie,[8] the strips were transformed to resemble that of Airdrieonians, and the name was changed to Airdrie United. While this means that the club is therefore officially a continuation of Clydebank it is almost universally accepted as a reincarnation of Airdrieonians, with Clydebank having been reformed by supporters groups and entering into the Scottish Junior League."

I repeat "Officially a continuation of Clydebank !" But "universally accepted as a reincarnation of Airdrieonians."

We are being primed to accept a doppelganger Rangers, a lookalike who will bring in their legions of followers willing to be duped into thinking their club has survived.

Now, Gers fans, directors and chairmen can't have it both ways. Either they wipe the slate clean and start again in the 3rd Division, which is the dignified and honest way for such an institution to behave, OR they are the successors to the financial dopers, who have cheated all of us out taxes and an honest level playing field. Remember they have to face an inquiry into double payments and taking the SFA to court among others things. They must accept the punishment due.

If they want to hold on their history, they must inherit responsibility for their obscene historical malpractices as well. They CANNOT be separated, anymore than sporting integrity and our sustainable future.

If the "Rules" don't permit it because they haven't been written, then apply "principles" of morality and decency.

Whatever the "rules" say, the fans have it in their power to influence the decision making. Without us, there is no game. Simple.

Want to disagree with that ?

Motherwell are actually one of the few teams who could immediately benefit from saying 'no'.

Motherwell are on a healthy financial footing ad have already budgeted, unless i am mistaken - for Rangers being out of existence. In that case, 'no' may be a vote that would help rather than hinder Motherwell in their current capacity.

Teams like Kilmarnock, Dundee United etc with huge bank debts etc do not have such a luxury and therefore may be financially forced to say 'yes'.

Unless the bank say they will withdraw facilities with immediate effect (they won't) then I'd be disgusted if we voted yes.

Our bank debt is around 8.5m, 6m of which is due to hotel. Dundee Utd are in a worse position than us but if you lose 500 or 1,000 season ticket holders at £330 each, then that's more damaging than losing Rangers.

We have a duty to act in the interests of our club and we hope these can be reconciled with the interests of the game

This is NOT about our club, it is about the game as a whole.

You have to vote for the integrity of the game and then you reconcile the club to that.

The whole Rangers thing is a total shambles from start to finish, who in their right mind would get involved with them? Fudd and Skelps are making a right arse of it all.

Anyway spoke to a few Rangers colleagues and they are all for starting again in Div3 as they want to 'stuff us all' as apparently all the clubs will go to the wall without them, that would teach us !!!,

Failed to see the point when I mentioned they have already stuffed us all by cheating us all for the past 20 years. Apparently they see it as everyone else's fault :pleasantry: but their's :wallbash:

Is their no end to the number of complete idiots out there ?

It is a funny old game :whistling:

So do we fire out the cheating Rangers - first thoughts are Yes, absolutely and take your other half with you!!,

Would the majority of the other clubs throw us out if we did the same - absolutely, therefore the logical answer is see yah !!

But . . . how does this affect the mightywell?

Can someone tell me what it means for us without them. The way I look at it is, say 7,000 - 8,000 tickets at £28, twice per season is around £400K per season + extra revenue from corporate and sponsorship, but remove extra Policing etc, so say these even themselves out and it works out at the £400K, can we live without that for next few years?? Probably, what does this do to the team in terms of the squad and Youngy with the youth team.

What we need is to encourage more younger supporters to come along and bring their fathers/mothers/uncles/aunties along and get them to buy season tickets and support the team and build our fan base.

If we want a league without the old firm then we need to get off our arses and support the club !!

It is a funny old game :whistling:

So do we fire out the cheating Rangers - first thoughts are Yes, absolutely and take your other half with you!!,

Would the majority of the other clubs throw us out if we did the same - absolutely, therefore the logical answer is see yah !!

But . . . how does this affect the mightywell?

Can someone tell me what it means for us without them. The way I look at it is, say 7,000 - 8,000 tickets at £28, twice per season is around £400K per season + extra revenue from corporate and sponsorship, but remove extra Policing etc, so say these even themselves out and it works out at the £400K, can we live without that for next few years?? Probably, what does this do to the team in terms of the squad and Youngy with the youth team.

What we need is to encourage more younger supporters to come along and bring their fathers/mothers/uncles/aunties along and get them to buy season tickets and support the team and build our fan base.

If we want a league without the old firm then we need to get off our arses and support the club !!

I don't see it as a case of firing them out. It's about letting a new club in. It shouldn't happen.

The thing about Rangers fans ticket revenue, I'm sure they were advocating a boycott of all SPL clubs for our insolence in slagging fuck out of them and wanting them deid. So it might be the case that that money is gone either way.

As an aside, people often bring up policing cost, but surely they're pretty negligable compared to the ticket revenue they come with, like with pie sales, people often mention them while 'm sure the number of pies sold are numbered in the hundreds at games.

I don't see it as a case of firing them out. It's about letting a new club in. It shouldn't happen.

The thing about Rangers fans ticket revenue, I'm sure they were advocating a boycott of all SPL clubs for our insolence in slagging fuck out of them and wanting them deid. So it might be the case that that money is gone either way.

As an aside, people often bring up policing cost, but surely they're pretty negligable compared to the ticket revenue they come with, like with pie sales, people often mention them while 'm sure the number of pies sold are numbered in the hundreds at games.

That's why I've only looked at the pure ticket sales of approx £400K

I am a pretty ethical guy and don't want Rangers to be admitted to the League 'as if nothing had happened', they have mucked up big time and need to pay the price, what I'm looking at is the affect on my/our team and the consequences for us. I'm pretty sure we will survive regardless but it would be fantastic if we could encourage another 1,000 season ticket holders, in particular the kids who will grow up with Motherwell and then influence future generations. 1,000 more at £300 average would almost wipe out the Rangers money.

I would love to stick it right up to the scum that follow follow. My priority is to promote Motherwell FC and it always will be.

No. Fuck. NO.

Up them, and let them deal with the consequences. We wont lose heavily out it, so why save their heinous arses?

Rather be close run than pumped out by their "lack of" money.

Their own fault, and their lack of any form of repentance has been sickening.

I would love to stick it right up to the scum that follow follow. My priority is to promote Motherwell FC and it always will be.

This is what I've always thought really. But when you think about it, the one thing that does and always has hindered our growth is 'the old firm'. With the old firm, we will always be consigned to feeding off the putrid scraps from their table. We can never grow into anything more than a sideshow to the celtic and rangers brand.

For this reason I think the only option we should consider is to hammer Rangers as hard as possible. It's a golden oppurtunity. Yes we'll take a big hit to begin with, but it's a matter of ambition. Are we to simply know our place as the lapdogs of the old firm, or can we take the leap to be equal contenders in a genuine, competitive Scottish league?

This is without even considering the fact that it's completely outrageous in itself to readmitt a new rangers in terms of fairness.

• Like 1