Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

It can happen any time. The Newco will buy the assets then apply for the licence to be transferred prior to the oldco being fully liquidated.

I dunno if I'm just not getting this, but what assets is there to transfer?

Surely to fuck, any player in their right mind will get themselves sorted out with a new club pronto, hence no player assets.

Surely to fuck HMRC's Administrators will come on and look to sell off Ibrox, Murray Park, the car parks, the fucking burger van sites and whatever else they can sell in order to create a fund that will give the creditors a better return than the '9p in the £' deal that Green was offering and hence, all assets gone!!

Am I missing something here? Is it not as cut and dried as this? Or am I miles off?

:blink:

I dunno if I'm just not getting this, but what assets is there to transfer?

Surely to fuck, any player in their right mind will get themselves sorted out with a new club pronto, hence no player assets.

Surely to fuck HMRC's Administrators will come on and look to sell off Ibrox, Murray Park, the car parks, the fucking burger van sites and whatever else they can sell in order to create a fund that will give the creditors a better return than the '9p in the £' deal that Green was offering and hence, all assets gone!!

Am I missing something here? Is it not as cut and dried as this? Or am I miles off?

:blink:

Don't blame you but as I make out, Green has already agreed a price of £5.3M for the assets including Ibrox, Murray Park and the car park. He seems to think that he will also get the players but that looks doubtful.

Like you I would have thought the the liquidators would jump in and halt this, especially as Dumb and Dumber knocked back a bid of £3M for Naismith alone.

Don't know how it works but I would have thought that the oldco could still retain the players contracts and could sell them on right up until the company is wound up.

Seems to me their plan is to just let the league start, play in it while 'sorting out the loose ends' and if any legal bumps are encountered, defer on that as they're already playing anyway.

Green&Whyte, (how ironic), and Dumb&Dumber are making a complete mockery of the SPL. Its time the SFA booted the fukkers oot for taking our game into disrepute.

• Like 1

Green&Whyte, (how ironic), and Dumb&Dumber are making a complete mockery of the SPL. Its time the SFA booted the fukkers oot for taking our game into disrepute.

Worse than that, the administrators are making a complete mockery of the creditors. They aren't obliged to keep the SPL sweet (except, of course, it makes business sense to do so), but they are legally obliged to get the best deal for the creditors. They have definitely failed to do that.

A definite No. Been a 'Well fan for yonks but have to say if our Club votes to let a newco Rangers back in to the SPL then I'm afraid I won't be going back to the 'Ark and paying my hard earned to watch us. I think people are way over estimating the effect that not having them in the SPL will have. It may be counter-intuitive but I think gates would actually go up with no Rangers and no TV deals. So I honestly hope our Club and others have the balls not to let themsleves be browbeaten, bullied and cowed here and vote to keep them out.

• Like 5

If we are to believe and take serious these *rseholes of Rangers FC supporters or rather Rangers FC Trading in Adminstration / Rangers GC in Liquidation then if they are forced to apply to the SFL for entry to SFL Div.3 then by the time they play their way back to the SPL at least 50% of the clubs will have gone out of business!!! Well if that's to be believed then as well as not having a pot to piss in they won't have a league to play in!!!! The sheer audacity and bare-faced ignorance of these knuckle draggers beggars belief.

Have the SFA responded to the legal outcome that sent their initial punishment of Rangers back to them from the courts?

Not yet because Rangers have three weeks to appeal the decision. For example they could appeal that it was not referred back to the original panel rather than the appeals panel. And they have basically said nothing meaning they can't move forward until they decide. Sure I read that in a paper somewhere.

Heard a guy from one of the Aberdeen fans groups on the radio the other day, they put some figures to their chairman (who is an accountant) and he could not fault them. Any financial benefit of having Newco back in the SPL would be negated by just 300 fans not renewing Season Tickets, wonder just how those numbers would translate through the rest of the clubs?

This EBT scheme was apparently loans given to players/managers. I hope the Liquidators ask the buggars for the money back, plus interest.

Rather see them taken to court and jailed, how funny would it be to see old Watty being sent down when he's meant to be riding to the rescue of his old club :rolleyes:

207 No votes compared to only 9 Yes votes. Pretty resounding.

However, is 207 itself a significant enough number for anyone to take notice?

It depends what the 207 is from. If we are saying that its 207 from the 11,000 that went to the cup final, then no.

If however thete was some qualification put on the 207 to show it was.statistically significant& representative of the 'well support, then yes.

Saying that, the fact it was an internet poll, of a captive audience, with no links provided to other 'well fans who dont use the site, then..... naw

95% Yes and 5% no from 207 votes.

If that statistic is extrapolated across our whole support, its pretty resounding.

We have found before that the members on here aren't exactly representative of our entire support but that's a pretty damning statistic nonetheless. Difficult to guage opinion across our fanbase so really all we have to go on is places like this, I know from speaking to many fans that the figure in favour of a No vote wouldn't be far off the results shown here as well. In fact it would likely push upwards but then there are many fans I couldn't come into contact with who might think otherwise. They need to get their voices heard if they're concerned about what seems to be a resounding message to our board, as things stand anything other than acting in accordance with fans wishes will create a lot of problems going forward I imagine.

Heard a elter of a stort tonight, might be pish but then again might have some truth.

If "The Rangers" get voted out of the SPL on Monday, not a given but if the fans perspective is taken then there will be oneteam from glasgow in

Heard a elter of a stort tonight, might be pish but then again might have some truth.

If "The Rangers" get voted out of the SPL on Monday, not a given but if the fans perspective is taken then there will be oneteam from glasgow in thre SPL.

What I have heard is that "The Rangers" will buy clyde to ensure at least a place in the SFL

Thoughts ??