Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

FWIW I think a protest is a dangerous game to play, if it turns out fewer than expected the heirarchy might give it the spiel that opposition isn't as high as initially feared. We're a small club and the militant wing is smaller again, that won't stop the meedja comparing any turnout at Fir Park against that of the Sevco consortium a few weeks back. A few hundred here would be a good turnout but the meedja spin would suggest otherwise.

• Like 2

Are Dundee Utd and Aberdeen now the Old Firm? Rangers don't exist now and Celtic can't be called that on their own can they......hahaha, it gets funnier by the week/day/hour/ minute!

I'd say it's gotta be yer "other" team -v- Hubz, it's the oldest local derby in the country afterall.

• Like 1

Im thoroughly disgusted with that pish written by our custodians so Ive done a wee bit of working out.

Rangers in the SPL = 4500 Fans x 2 Games (x £23 ave) = £207k - 5% ticket levy = £197k

Dundee in the SPL (probably the biggest away support in scotland after Rangers + Celtic) = 1000 Fans x 2Games (x£17 ave) = £34k

Defecit = £163k

545 more Home Season Tickets @ £300 = £163.5k

430 more Home Adult Fans over 19 Games (x£20) =£163.4k

537 more Home Fans over 19 Games (£16 ave) = £163.3k

looking at it the other way, 500 - 600 LESS Home fans over the season would all but wipe out any extra money the blue filth would bring!!

36% of our turnover (£5.9m) from SPL = £2.12m from last season

TV Deal equates to roughly 60% of SPL income which would mean of our £2.12m, £1.27m was TV money.

Sponsorship deals are already in place and will only change when they come to renewal next year etc so we have 1 year to find replacements.

The new TV deal is £16m pa instead of £12m pa so 25% higher. So it would be logical to believe if we finish 3rd next year our share would be 25% higher or £317.5k more,

Of course this is assuming that the deal stays in place for 1 year! BUT it doesnt account for a more even split which we would be able to vote for with the old scum monopoly broken so we could make MORE! Without Rangers ,Celtic will romp it,but 2nd,3rd,4th would be well within our reach so Im not really sure we`d lose all that much without the blue dollar.

GET THEM,THEIR CHEATING,TAX DODGING WAYS AND THEIR ARROGANT FESTERING SPUNKPOOL OF A SUPPORT TO FUCK!

• Like 3

on a big day aye Aberdeen,Hivs + Herts would bring bigger but on average Dundee are one of the biggest out there,they were regularly taking 800-1000+ to 1st Div games, theyd certainly be the best away supported team to come up from the first

For those fans who are willing to accept the NewCo being voted into the SPL in the belief that they will be hammered by the SFA for the use of Double Contracts or that sanctions will carry over from the OldCo, please consider the following chain of events.

1. On July 4, the SPL clubs vote YES for whatever reason .........fear, uncertainty, bullying, media pressure to name a few. No going back... The Rangers are in.

2. At some later date, but before the season starts, the SFA wish to apply appropriate sanctions because of the misconduct of the Old Rangers.

3. New Rangers challenge the sanctions on the basis that the NewCo cannot be punished in law for the dealings of the Old Rangers. There is a very good chance that the NewCo would win the legal arguement. In fact, the SFA have already stated that one of the reasons for the delay in holding Rangers to account is to clarify that exact point. In other words, even the SFA have doubts as to whether the NewCo can be penalised.

...........but they are already in

End result. Debt free Rangers in the SPL with a war chest to spend on new players (Green's own words). No points deduction. The unholy alliance with Celtic intact. No chance of change regarding Voting Structure or Revenue Sharing.

And Motherwell? Exactly where we are now. Cutting our Budget. With no hope of a fairer deal regarding the shareout of SPL monies. The gap between us and the Old Firm widening by the day.

There is a view that The Rangers could be forced to accept sanctions/changes as a condition for SPL membership. But why would Rangers accept that arrangement? Rangers are well aware the other clubs are shit scared of an SPL without both Old Firm. They can use that to their advantage and refuse to compromise.

This is a chance in a lifetime chance to change the SPL for the better. It has to a NO.

• Like 2

There were some who wanted the various threads merged, and some who didn't. As I said, there was pretty much the exact same conversation going on in every thread, which is pointless. The various threads were starting to blur into each other.

Sorry, but this board is hardly a hive of activity. There are topics last commented on in May on the front page. I *think* a few threads for different discussions might just fit.

Im thoroughly disgusted........................... OF A SUPPORT TO FUCK!

Good piece of work Shaka.

Can I add to your figures, the potential reduction in income due to boycotting fans of other Clubs. Fans of Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic have already intimated that they will not travel to away games. Assuming we play each team twice, that's perhaps upwards of 15,000 less ........... and that does not include Well fans who will stay away. Less than 1000 at home games I reckon. Survive that MFC :doh:

I heard from an Aberdeen fan today that their Season Ticket renewals have yet to reach 3 figures :O

I sympathise with the club somewhat because if Rangers are out of the SPl, then that would mean a potential reduction of up to £300k from match days...............

However we have at least 2 Euro games that we did not have last year. Depending on opposition and home/away fixture then it is likely we could see a combined home crowd of anything between 14,000 to 20,000 + Euro income and knock on such as hospitality etc. I would hazard a guess that once expenses are taken into account that would leave anything up to £500k profit. More than dwarfing any loss in income from Rangers.

If we were not in Europe then I could understand the panic....

That plus we need a change to the voting structure. Rangers may offer it up as an olive branch, but better to have them out of the picture altogether.

They need to be punted - end of. Any other decision would be scandalous :angry:

to be fair to the board. I doubt that they are thinking up bullshit spin but are genuinely worried about the future of the club. Unfortunately I think they are so scared that they are letting the reasons for YES outweigh the reasons for NO.

the board need to have some faith and vision and vote NO. That is the best they can do to ensure the future of the club, because the future of the club is the relationship between the fans and the board not what any other club does. By voting NO they will cement that relationship and enusre a loyal dedicated following fo ryears to come.

Therer is no definite indicator yet how the club will vote, only folk reading things into the clubs statement which aren't exactly there. But we need to get across to them how we see the figures stacking up after a No vote and the positives that scenario could bring rather than them only seeing the negatives of Rangers money being lost.

We can change the future of Scottish fitba' here if we are brave enough to strike out, we can make up the lost revenue if we approach it in a positive way instead of being scared of going it alone (well with only one Bigot Brother instead of 2). The biggest positive we can take is the opportunity to strip Celtic of their veto and take a fair share of the money that's still coming into the game. There will still be TV deal, we need to get a fairer distribution of that cash as well the league placing share-out. Surely that will go some way to replacing any drop in gate money from the demise of the Infirm. We will lose money from stay away fans without a doubt if we vote yes, so sums need to be done but I really cannot see the impact necessarily being so great if we approach this in the right way. Leave the doom and gloom to the Weejie meedja who fear for their junkets and freebies from the Brox.

“We are calling on all chairmen and CEO’s in the SPL to vote for honesty and integrity.

“A clear and appropriate punishment must be imposed on any club who fails to operate in that manner, irrespective of which particular club that happens to be."

The game's up folks... Honesty and integrity from that lot? What's the chances they got another behind with the rent QC to pen that up and dropped to the media?

its the line leading into that OTF that I found the best and we will all hopefully be re-quoting, many times, in the next year, when voting rights and cash distribution etc get evened up

“One or more clubs can’t be allowed to operate with an unfair advantage.

:thumbup:

Stephen Craigan's opinion

The first sentence says he believes that they should be allowed entry to the SPL. Can anyone tell me from his quotes where he said that? I might be just a bit tired and be completely missing it.

No you are right. Usual biased nonsense from the tabloids. Print a headline which matches your agenda and then twist the story to suit. Only on this occasion they havent even bothered to do that very well.

The Celtic support threatening boycotts and playing the integrity card is ridiculous. Strikes me more of an attempt to jump in with threats so if we end up voting 'no', they can champion themselves as the saviours of the game, without whom our board would surely have voted 'yes'.

For what it's worth, after weighing up the points from Andrew Wilson on Twitter (who deserves credit for answering questions from a number of 'Well fans on there following the statement), the explanations from Flow (again, credit due for him for answering questions on Twitter, albeit purely his own opinions), and the woman from Well Society who answered my e-mail regarding a refund if I cancel my membership - all of whom stressing their belief that the club statement was not reasons to vote 'yes', but rather preparing the fans for what lies in store if we vote 'no' - I've calmed down somewhat and reckon we could still fall on either side.

If anything, the backlash from a statement that implies a 'yes' vote must have given the club an idea of just how huge the backlash would be if they actually voted 'yes'.

With the 'fans forum' presumably next week and the protest on the 30th growing in numbers, I believe a 'no' vote is just as likely as a 'yes' vote at this stage, despite the statement - which I still maintain was either a deliberate attempt to sway some 'no' voters, or a very poor bit of public relations.