Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

1336310446[/url]' post='340567']

It's being reported that if we allow a NewCo into the SPL, then the SPL cannot add sanctions like points deduction to them as the fact is we're letting a new club into the SPL (like we are with Ross County).

I see... If that's accurate my post is pish, and the buns are about to get away with murder.

I was originally in the no newco at any cost camp, however, if it is going to put half our league out of business, then maybe a compromise could be found, however, the sanctions would have to demonstrate REAL punishment.

If that has to happen then tough. It should happen.

The Chairmen of the other clubs in the SPL will cave in and vote the newco into the SPL because they are businessmen and they see that is the best decision for their team as a business concern.

Don't think for one minute that Chairmen will be swayed by listening to fans concerns on forums or leters of complaint. Deal with it and move on or stop going to watch Motherwell.

If that has to happen then tough. It should happen.

No it shouldn't. There are no rules set out for a newco situationm so it's only common sense to make a FAIR punishment, ie one that doesn't hurt innocent parties more than it does the guilty club.

Wrong Iain ......................... I'm for penalising the Club I have supported and loved for over 40yrs if they ditch their morality and take the low and totally unacceptable road of voting for the immediate re-introduction of the bunch of cheating tax dodgers from Glasgow.

MFC now have to choose between Filthy Lucre or Honest Dosh ! I reckon there are 10 SPL Chairmen in the same position today.

Each to their own David (since we are on christian names) :)

I totally understand the sporting integrity viewpoint. Would Rangers vote to keep Motherwell or Kilmarnock in the SPL if the tables were turned. Would they heck.

My fear is what happens to Motherwell FC and only Motherwell FC. I want to ensure we have a decent product on the pitch, have a half decent team to compete in Europe and keep staff and players in full time employment. All that would be at risk if Rangers leave the SPL.

My ideal scenario is they stay in the SPL.......BUT........are given sanctions and penalties which ensure they have several years of pain. So the transfer embargo has to stay. The points deduction has to stay. A change to the voting structure away from 11-1 and a more equitable split of income from the 32% split between the top 2 clubs.

IF and we will have to wait to see, Rangersr come in to the SPL with no sanctions, no points penalty, same voting structure etc etc then even I would think seriously about whether I take a season ticket out next year.

I think all SPL Chariman know they (Rangers) have to pay a heavy price. All this fans backlash has hopefully made this crystal clear :nod:

No it shouldn't. There are no rules set out for a newco situationm so it's only common sense to make a FAIR punishment, ie one that doesn't hurt innocent parties more than it does the guilty club.

If clubs go bust because another team is relegated then they are not innocent.

Also as it stands there can be no punishment handed out to a newco... So newco Rangers will be debt free and on an equal keel with everyother club in the SPL (minus the transfer ban).

I don't see this as a complicated issue. I will simply not support, financially or otherwise, a Club that turns a blind eye to cheating, corruption and fraudulent abuse of this country's income tax system.

The current financial plight of every SPL Club is down to its Board - Recent Past & Present. They are the ones who signed up to the 11-1 voting structure. They are the ones who signed up to the income split.

Anyone who votes for the NewCo is condoning misconduct, is condoning tax avoidance/evasion, is condoning cheating. They are selling their souls IMHO.

If clubs go bust because another team is relegated then they are not innocent.

Also as it stands there can be no punishment handed out to a newco... So newco Rangers will be debt free and on an equal keel with everyother club in the SPL (minus the transfer ban).

I think there's a lot of moral idealism going on here. It's ridiculous to say clubs shouldn't be reliant on a main revenue stream. You can't say a business deserves to go under because their main revenue stream suddenly pulls out.

I don't see this as a complicated issue. I will simply not support, financially or otherwise, a Club that turns a blind eye to cheating, corruption and fraudulent abuse of this country's income tax system.

The current financial plight of every SPL Club is down to its Board - Recent Past & Present. They are the ones who signed up to the 11-1 voting structure. They are the ones who signed up to the income split.

Anyone who votes for the NewCo is condoning misconduct, is condoning tax avoidance/evasion, is condoning cheating. They are selling their souls IMHO.

No one is saying they shouldn't be punished though, so aren't condoning anything, just that there are more fair and reasonable forms that punishment can take.

I think there's a lot of moral idealism going on here. It's ridiculous to say clubs shouldn't be reliant on a main revenue stream. You can't say a business deserves to go under because their main revenue stream suddenly pulls out.

If their debt is so bad that they cease to exist because another club is relegated no matter who it is (in the past we have had seen Shelbourne (Ireland), Kaunas (Lithuania), Juventus and Fiorentina (Italy) and Ferencváros (Hungary)) then yeah you can lay blame at their door.

Wrong Iain ......................... I'm for penalising the Club I have supported and loved for over 40yrs if they ditch their morality and take the low and totally unacceptable road of voting for the immediate re-introduction of the bunch of cheating tax dodgers from Glasgow.

MFC now have to choose between Filthy Lucre or Honest Dosh ! I reckon there are 10 SPL Chairmen in the same position today.

What if Motherwell vote against it, but newco is allowed in anyway?

Then people can continue to get behind the club.

Up til now the request for clarity on our position is falling on deaf ears.

We know where we stand on pitch invasions though

Status Quo, and I will be absolutely delighted that my Club showed some real spunk and voted according to the morality and honesty that were the foundations stones of our beautiful game.

Then people can continue to get behind the club.

Up til now the request for clarity on our position is falling on deaf ears.

We know where we stand on pitch invasions though

Fair enough. Many on here, though, are saying they will turn their back on the SPL if newco is there. Just wondering if that still holds true if we vote against.

Are they?

Yes. Go back and read the threads over the last few weeks. Many of the posters are saying that he SPL is corrupt and they will not support under any circumstances if newco is allowed back in.

I asked the very same question a few days ago and didn't really receive any clear cut answers. My understanding, and its only that, is that some posters would still walk away as their gripe is against the SPL irrespective of MFC's position; others would continue to visit Fir Park as their focus is MFC's position. In short I guess there's a range of views and positions amongst those who would walk away.

If their debt is so bad that they cease to exist because another club is relegated no matter who it is (in the past we have had seen Shelbourne (Ireland), Kaunas (Lithuania), Juventus and Fiorentina (Italy) and Ferencváros (Hungary)) then yeah you can lay blame at their door.

Those leagues, in general, have a number of big clubs that attract TV and sponsorship and the like, ours is far more reliant on two teams. I'm sure, proportionately, us losing the 'old firm attraction' would be like those leagues losing a number of big teams in one go, and surely you couldn't say they should be prepared for that.

like I say overblown bollocks.

What revenues are bigger than TV, sponsorship and Rangers ticket sales then?

Those leagues, in general, have a number of big clubs that attract TV and sponsorship and the like, ours is far more reliant on two teams. I'm sure, proportionately, us losing the 'old firm attraction' would be like those leagues losing a number of big teams in one go, and surely you couldn't say they should be prepared for that.

You are correct... about Italy. None of the others.

Those are the biggest revenues.

It's overblown bollocks to say they have gone and the loss of two gates of 9k vs rangers would be so significant. Fuck knows we may even replace it with a fixture where our own fans turn up