Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

kmcalpin, I admire your unfloundering stance on most matters Motherwell

can I ask one question though

if Rangers are liquidated should they receive the same sanctions as Airdrie & Gretna?

Difficult to answer precisely Iain, as I don't have all the legal and financial facts. Are the situations the same though? Other things being equal though I'd undoubtedly say yes.

On the one hand lookin forward to champs league footie next season, who will be leaving who will be signing on ,will we be signing new players .But on the other hand could easily be walking away from football full stop if this Rangers shite comes tae pass. Talk about "limping between two opinions ". :blink:

• Like 2

i think that was established when we went into admin.

No one would give a fuck if Rangers are in the SPL and still in Administration. If you believe this whole Share Transfer, NewCo whatever is any different from any other previous Liquidation then you're a fool. The only reason Rangers are doing this (or thinking of doing this) is because they know with the Assets they have they have no chance whatsoever agreeing a CVA with their Administration Pot.

• Like 3

No one would give a fuck if Rangers are in the SPL and still in Administration. If you believe this whole Share Transfer, NewCo whatever is any different from any other previous Liquidation then you're a fool. The only reason Rangers are doing this (or thinking of doing this) is because they know with the Assets they have they have no chance whatsoever agreeing a CVA with their Administration Pot.

what does that have to with motherwell.

we signed players to contracts we later decided we couldn't afford. where was the sporting integrity in that?

• Like 1

what does that have to with motherwell.

we signed players to contracts we later decided we couldn't afford. where was the sporting integrity in that?

There's a difference between financial mismanagement and blatant cheating. Rangers bought players they couldn't afford and gave players contracts, that they knew they wouldn't be able to honour, at the same time as not paying a single penny in taxes. What happened at our club was wrong but to attempt to make a comparison with that and what's gone on at Ibrox is well off the mark.

There's a difference between financial mismanagement and blatant cheating. Rangers bought players they couldn't afford and gave players contracts, that they knew they wouldn't be able to honour, at the same time as not paying a single penny in taxes. What happened at our club was wrong but to attempt to make a comparison with that and what's gone on at Ibrox is well off the mark.

There's definelty a comparison to be made. Rangers done it on a bigger scale.

Rangers will be punished. We got off scot free. We weren't so pre-occupied sporting integrity then.

WTF has that got to do with Sporting Integrity! Sporting Integrity is about the fair competativeness of a sport. And well Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston, Gretna, Airdionians, Third Lanark, Rangers and many others have paid the sporting price of paying what they could not afford. Although what we did or any of those other clubs did doesn't even come close to what Rangers did in scope. Anyway Administration is all about Business Integrity.

The Sporting Integrity is the SPL, where they have admitted (although BSkyB, ESPN, BBC, and everytother Sponsor have not confirmed anything) that they cannot punish Rangers be removal from the SPL, for everything but Sporting reasons. They have came out and said they must have four SPL Old Firm games (again something no one in the media have dared to admit yet), although there is a real possibility of there only being 3 next season if the SFA stick to their guns as apply the 12 month transfer embargo (which I'm hoping going on precident UEFA will force them to) as Rangers could end in the bottom six.

It has also been admitted that NewCo, NewShare, The Non-Liqudated Rangers, whatever you want to cvall them could probably be unable to be punished further by the SPL (after they have their prize money taken from them). Only the SFA (Double Contracts) and UEFA (for oweing more to member clubs than most SPL clubs earn in a year) although if anyother club is caught now doing this or even trying what they are they could be written to the history of the Scottish Game.

WTF has that got to do with Sporting Integrity! Sporting Integrity is about the fair competativeness of a sport. And well Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston, Gretna, Airdionians, Third Lanark, Rangers and many others have paid the sporting price of paying what they could not afford. Although what we did or any of those other clubs did doesn't even come close to what Rangers did in scope.

in 2001/02 st johnstone were relegated with a squad that they could afford. we stayed up with a squad of players who's contracts we decided not to honour. not much integrity there.

• Like 2

in 2001/02 st johnstone were relegated with a squad that they could afford. we stayed up with a squad of players who's contracts we decided not to honour. not much integrity there.

The Paragraph you quoted is missing a key sentence...

WTF has that got to do with Sporting Integrity! Sporting Integrity is about the fair competativeness of a sport. And well Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston, Gretna, Airdionians, Third Lanark, Rangers and many others have paid the sporting price of paying what they could not afford. Although what we did or any of those other clubs did doesn't even come close to what Rangers did in scope. Anyway Administration is all about Business Integrity.

And actually St Johnstone couldn't afford that squad. They made a loss that season... but agains that is business not sport.

Only if we knew we couldn't honour the contracts when we agreed to them. Otehrwise, it was just poor business judgement.

Rangers, on the other hand, knowingly cheated.

I don't think most would as the product is poor and most fans are looking for cost reductions rather than increases.

The silence from the Chairmen of the SPL clubs, TV and other stakeholders is deafening. Somebody take a decision and stand by it FFS.

Bill Miller has explained that the true nature of Rangers predicament and the fans' reaction to his interest in taking over the club, persuaded him to end his interest.

" after hearing the message from Rangers supporters and fans loud and clear ("Yank go home!"), I notified the administrators today that I have withdrawn my bid for Rangers." :laugh:

Is that a legit quote? He seriously walked away from a multi-million pound business deal because some punters called him a Yank and told him to go home?

It was tweeted by a beeb correspondant so you would think it was.

Is that a legit quote? He seriously walked away from a multi-million pound business deal because some punters called him a Yank and told him to go home?

Legit quote, although it was taken from a larger statement. The whole thing was read out on Sky Sports News and I'm sure hinted at 'more information' coming to light etc.

But he did mention the fans too.