Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

Or replace caley with any number of teams in the First Division who manage to run a business without the buns money and still survive (Obviously not including Dundee or Livi in that!). Although they are both examples of what happens when you try to rise above what should be a level playing field.....

I'm not disagreeing, and think we would have a viable league without them. Unfortunately, the Chairmen of most of the 'lesser' teams don't see it like that.

Well what about the state of Accies finances for this season? Since they are the latest side to go down?

I do know they slashed their playing budget and have a squad of young lads. But someone I work with is a mad Accie and she says they are playing great football.

Maybe a sign of our future...

I've seen Accies a few times this year and it maybe isn't quite as negative as the turgid pish they played last year it is still on the south side of anything good.

With Bill Miller pulling out I bet the SPL chairmen are delighted they didn't make any decisions on MOnday.

However I have come up with a cunning plan. I have always thought that relegating them by three divisions was harsh. So I think we should retain them in the SPL next season. However for each and every rule they have broken we deduct them 15 points. By my reckoning that means they start on -75 points. That absolutely guarantees relegation for the start of 2013/2014 season.

At the start of that 2013/14 season the non Old Firm teams can have their vote on voting structures, gate splits and all the rest of it and get the 11-1 they need as only Celtic will vote against and Scottish football can then rebuild on a much more level playing field.

It means that the chairmen will only miss out on the big crowds for one season.

It means that the lower league teams in divisions two and three do not have their league made completely uncompetitive.

It means that Rangers can rebuild their team a little quicker than any proposal on the table just now.

It means they are absolutely punished by losing their right of veto effectively and they face a season of friendlies.

Seriously though KMCalpin raised a point a few pages back that I had never thought of and that is the legal aspect of any decision we make. As an industry we cannot afford for our governance bodies to be dragged through the courts because they have put through sanctions that are unenforcable. Just like that lawyer who died and whose name I have completely forgotten did for Celtic, I am sure Rangers could mount a legal challenge to anything illegal and whilst they couldn't pay for it I'm sure one of their mad fans could. So whatever decision the SPL need to make they need to ensure it is absolutely watertight.

Of course any punishment should be legal and watertight, I don't think anyone is advocating anything else.

Like everyone else in the land they should be punished within the guidelines without fear or favour for any crimes commited.

Shiting yourself about the cost of handing out the right punishment - is showing both fear and favour.

1336718780[/url]' post='341354']

Of course any punishment should be legal and watertight, I don't think anyone is advocating anything else.

Like everyone else in the land they should be punished within the guidelines without fear or favour for any crimes commited.

Shiting yourself about the cost of handing out the right punishment - is showing both fear and favour.

Long shot but asking again,what is Motherwells Stance on this Leanne

Long shot but asking again,what is Motherwells Stance on this Leanne

Good luck on that one Dexter. You've got more chance of seeing an alien mothership land on the centre circle of Fir Park, than getting any answers from Motherwell. They need to learn that ignoring it, won't make it go away. dry.gif

Currently there is no decision to be made, so I don't blame MFC for remaining silent. Damned if they do, damned if they don't hole they are in and not of their own making.

I've said that all along Special. Folk with an axe to grind assume that a decison has been made when in point of fact it may not have been. I would ask those pressing hard for an answer now "Will any answer do so long as its an answer or do you want to wait until the club has made a decision?"

We all need to be patient.

When there is a decision to be made then the clubs will do what is best for themselves. Though with our club making the moves to becoming completely fan run in the near future, it seems to me that it would be completely ridiculous if the current board did not take into account the opinions of the fans (especially those who have joined the society and will own the club soon) into account with such a major decision looming.

I have kept quiet on this issue as, to be honest, I'm not sure where I stand. I haven't, nor have any of the group I attend matches with, renewed my season ticket yet. I'm normally first in line when the renewal forms come out, so I imagine that the club will be noticing renewals down. With the guarantee of Champions League tickets for holders, you would expect applications for ST's to be through the roof this summer, the board must be concerned.

I'm not threatening to quit the game if the club vote for a Newco, but while I'm swithering I know that there are many who will flat out stop attending SPL games if it is proven, once and for all, that the game in Scotland is essentially rigged, and no amount of cheating from one of the bigot brothers will be properly punished. (Let’s face it, the transfer embargo from the SFA was more than we were expecting, but considering the crime amounts to no more than a slap on the wrist.)

So for all this I hope that, whatever the outcome of the vote, that Motherwell can keep a clean conscience by doing the right thing and voting the cheating current's to get to f***!

PS. For anyone to compare Motherwell's administration (caused by financial mismanagement based mainly on unrealistic expectations of the crowds that would turn out to see the team with more investment competing for Uefa qualification) To Rangers (caused by deliberate non-payment of PAYE and VAT) is deluded.

To balance the moral view of this, the clubs will all be mainly looking at the financial aspect.

It's true that Rangers (and Celtic) bring bigger crowds to Fir Park, so there will be lost revenue here. However Rangers fans groups are all threatening to Boycott ALL away fixtures next season, so there may be a loss with or without them in the league.

So the main issue becomes the TV Money. This is where Neil Doncaster is seriously letting his employers (the clubs) down. Sky haven't singed the deal for next season, and the previous deal had a clause saying that they could re-negociate if Rangers and Celtic are not in the league.

As CEO of the SPL he needs to get clarification of what the TV companies would pay for a Rangerless SPL. All we keep hearing is the doomsday scenario with no TV money at all. This is complete and utter tripe, there would still be a TV deal, and it's part of his job to see how much he can get for the product.

Currently he is posturing, hoping that by the uncertainty created, clubs will fear the worst and vote them back in by default. He need's to get all appropriate information and come to the clubs with that information so they know what they are voting for. Instead he's jumping on the "Scottish Football needs Rangers" bandwagon.

Though with our club making the moves to becoming completely fan run in the near future, it seems to me that it would be completely ridiculous if the current board did not take into account the opinions of the fans (especially those who have joined the society and will own the club soon) into account with such a major decision looming.

And this is why it’s important the board consult the fans before making any decision on the fate of a Newco Rangers.yes.gif

And this is why it's important the board consult the fans before making any decision on the fate of a Newco Rangers.yes.gif

The same fans that will be going ape shit having pumped their money in, if the club collapses on the back of the blue arse cheek getting booted out??

Not saying the club will collapse, I honestly don't know. But there is blatantly a fear amongst the rest of the chairmen in the league that a Rangers demise will have significant financial implications on everyone.

For every mouthpiece on here that says the club should be listening to the fans who ploughed their money in, there will be a shit load more greeting and wailing next year if your money dissapears along with the professional status of half the clubs in the division.

Again, Im not saying this is going to happen, I would love nothing more than Rangers to get kicked out and the league to be in a position to continue as if nothing had happened, but it would appear that no one actually knows what the impacts will be on everyone.

Currently there is no decision to be made, so I don't blame MFC for remaining silent.

I don’t think it’s that unreasonable for fans to know which way their club intends to vote on a Newco scenario. By keeping silent they are potentially losing out on some much needed early season ticket money.

The same fans that will be going ape shit having pumped their money in, if the club collapses on the back of the blue arse cheek getting booted out??

Not saying the club will collapse, I honestly don't know. But there is blatantly a fear amongst the rest of the chairmen in the league that a Rangers demise will have significant financial implications on everyone.

Which is why there has to be consultation. If the board were to spell out what the implications were in terms of finances, and what the impact of that would be in terms of cutting the playing budget etc. and the fans had an opportunity to explain their feelings about the sporting integrity of our league. Then balanced conclusions can be drawn as all the facts would be known by all parties.

Instead we have everyone from Neil Doncaster to Chick Young peddling doomsday scenarios and apocalyptic predictions about what would happen without Rangers (The vast majority of people you here these things from have a vested interest in Rangers staying in the league and I don't believe a fraction of it)

For every mouthpiece on here that says the club should be listening to the fans who ploughed their money in, there will be a shit load more greeting and wailing next year if your money dissapears along with the professional status of half the clubs in the division.

9/10 first division sides maintain Full time professional football without TV money of visits from the filth, and most are considerably smaller than the majority of the SPL clubs. Why should the professional status of any SPL club be in danger.. It's like the "We'll end up like the Welsh League" myth that gets peddled about all the time, despite the fact that the 3rd Division in Scotland gets more viewers than the Welsh league. The ignorance of some within the media is staggering.

Again, Im not saying this is going to happen, I would love nothing more than Rangers to get kicked out and the league to be in a position to continue as if nothing had happened, but it would appear that no one actually knows what the impacts will be on everyone.

I know you’re not, but there are plenty are proclaiming it from the rooftops without providing a shred of evidence that this would be the case.

I worry less about what would happen to the rest of the clubs without Rangers than I do about what will happen to the support of the diddy clubs if they are let back in and the fans are well and truly scunnered and walk away from Scottish football in droves.

• Like 3

Which is why there has to be consultation. If the board were to spell out what the implications were in terms of finances, and what the impact of that would be in terms of cutting the playing budget etc. and the fans had an opportunity to explain their feelings about the sporting integrity of our league. Then balanced conclusions can be drawn as all the facts would be known by all parties.

Instead we have everyone from Neil Doncaster to Chick Young peddling doomsday scenarios and apocalyptic predictions about what would happen without Rangers (The vast majority of people you here these things from have a vested interest in Rangers staying in the league and I don't believe a fraction of it)

9/10 first division sides maintain Full time professional football without TV money of visits from the filth, and most are considerably smaller than the majority of the SPL clubs. Why should the professional status of any SPL club be in danger.. It's like the "We'll end up like the Welsh League" myth that gets peddled about all the time, despite the fact that the 3rd Division in Scotland gets more viewers than the Welsh league. The ignorance of some within the media is staggering.

I know you're not, but there are plenty are proclaiming it from the rooftops without providing a shred of evidence that this would be the case.

I worry less about what would happen to the rest of the clubs without Rangers than I do about what will happen to the support of the diddy clubs if they are let back in and the fans are well and truly scunnered and walk away from Scottish football in droves.

Amen

9/10 first division sides maintain Full time professional football without TV money of visits from the filth, and most are considerably smaller than the majority of the SPL clubs. Why should the professional status of any SPL club be in danger..

I don't disagree with your main argument. The answer to that specific question, though, is that teams like Killie, Hearts etc. have built up large debts they wouldn't be able to service on a First Division budget. So it's their fiscal irresponsibility that is likely to be the driver for them voting to allow a newco into the SPL.

I don't disagree with your main argument. The answer to that specific question, though, is that teams like Killie, Hearts etc. have built up large debts they wouldn't be able to service on a First Division budget. So it's their fiscal irresponsibility that is likely to be the driver for them voting to allow a newco into the SPL.

I agree about these teams having debt, but if Rangers are let off from paying their debts, maybe the Kilmarnock's of this world should just do the same and get rid of their debt without suffering punishment.

I agree about these teams having debt, but if Rangers are let off from paying their debts, maybe the Kilmarnock's of this world should just do the same and get rid of their debt without suffering punishment.

They should, except there will be different rules in place by then. That's one of the problems now - the SPL doesn't have the proper mechanisms in place to deal with the current situation.

Then let Killie & Hearts vote in favour of a NEWCO. All I'm looking for is some positive action from my club, something that suggests to me that they actually give a fuck about what their fanbase has to say on the matter.

Then let Killie & Hearts vote in favour of a NEWCO. All I'm looking for is some positive action from my club, something that suggests to me that they actually give a fuck about what their fanbase has to say on the matter.

Seeing as there isn't even anything to vote on, I doubt you'll be hearing anything any time soon.

9/10 first division sides maintain Full time professional football without TV money of visits from the filth, and most are considerably smaller than the majority of the SPL clubs. Why should the professional status of any SPL club be in danger.

I don't think any one is saying professional football would be in danger but standards would drop.

Did you see us beat full time first division side Morton 6-0 with out hardly lifting a finger?

I actually went to 1st division games last season and I think people would get a bit of a rude awakening at the standard of football played compared to the SPL. It is nowhere near SPL level for the most part. Dunfermline Athletic won the First Division by 10 clear points and look how badly they fared this season.