Rangers V Motherwell....discussion Thread

postiejim

cant grumble with a point given our record. However, we should have won that by a canter. Excellent passing and movement today. Defence had it's moments but for once we got the breaks.

For once OJ was not selfish at a time you wished he had been. Never mind.

Well done to the players and management for once against the old firm in glasgow!

Agreed. Traveled to Ibroke today had a feeling we were going to take all three points. My mate had txt me during game saying when Ojamma was clean thru he wasn't offside!!!.

Thought we played really well today. When I heard the teams I thought we would miss Higdon but we played with the ball on the deck and Murphy and Ojamma were playing off one another and gave the Rangers back line a right headache. Unlucky with Ojamma's chance and IIRC Hateley's in the 2nd half.

They weren't very good at all.

And while I would've taken a point, a wee bit disappointed we never took all three. Only a wee bit though...

Onwards to the Champions League!!!

Should have won that, never mind.

Couldn't believe how many Rangers fans left early, starting from about 80 minutes, with "We can see you walking away" ringing in their ears.

They don't deserve their number 12 shirt.

the h**s did not enjoy that :thumbup:

we did everything we set out today except score. the murphy and ojaama partnership looked promising. that pace and movement could cause massive problems next season.

Fantastic performance from the whole team today... should of won it to be honest, i love the new look front line.. prob the most effective front line all season. OJ and Murphy looked good together today... love to see that line up against Dundee Utd next week.

Higdon missing improved the look of the team( We actually were made to play football). Great effort lads well done.

Fantastic performance from the whole team today... should of won it to be honest, i love the new look front line.. prob the most effective front line all season. OJ and Murphy looked good together today... love to see that line up against Dundee Utd next week.

Higdon missing improved the look of the team( We actually were made to play football). Great effort lads well done.

I know what you are getting at but you can you really claim it to be the most effective front line all season given that none of the front line actually scored today, nor in fact did anyone in the team?

I'd certainly say on today's evidence the Murphy-Ojamaa partnership is one that is worthy of exploring further to give us a different option when the occasion demands it. But most-effective front line all season is getting a little bit carried away I think.

I know what you are getting at but you can you really claim it to be the most effective front line all season none of the front line actually scored, nor in fact did anyone in the team?

I'd certainly say on today's evidence the Murphy-Ojamaa partnership is one that is worthy of exploring further to give us a different option when the occasion demands it. But most-effective front line all season is getting away carried away I think.

Thats a good point, but its the first time we have caused Rangers a period of attacking pressure all season.

Best performance at Ibrox in two years and we really should have won. Hopefully the players from today, who are here next season, can play at that dump again with the same confidence.

Craig Whyte's Motherwell Army! They didnae like that :lol:

I wouldn't be adverse to playing Murphy and Ojamma up top with Higdon a wee bit deeper. That's generally where he wins most of the ball anyway and it would mean he didn't have to do that as well as try and be the first person in the box. A kind of variation of the McCormack - Porter - Clarky front three, with the big guy a little deeper. Obviously wouldn't suit being used against every opponent, but could be a useful change to have in the locker.