Champions League Simplified

B.K.

our first ever CL gam at the 'ark is bigger than any cup final imo

Not any we have won that is for sure. If we had faced Aberdeen in last year's Cup Final that would have blown this CL qualifier away imo. Celtic 'wasted' it a bit for us on a couple of levels.

how much were teh cup final tickets?

surely our first ever home CL game is worth as much as that and will bring some fans out the woodwork?

majority of fans will have paid

£25/£10 for family section or £28 for west stand for the cup final

first ever champions league game isn't worth as much as that game or indeed as you are saying more than that

club have got the pricing wrong if all tickets are £30, or you have got your good fan position wrong by claiming that is the pricing

club needs money, fine many of us will put in money, but dont turn away the casual fans whose money is needed in addition to those that are already stupid enough to fund beyond whats sensible

• Like 1

Wheres the announcement for this?? :unsure:

I was in getting my Rapid Bucharest ticket today and was told the tickets went on sale this morning and the club were going to announce it this afternoon. Don't know why it's not gone up.

For the record, aye it is 30 quid for an adult ticket and 15 for kids. I can only imagine this is the price of the Newco vote trickling through to the punters wallets.

See this potentially could be as big as a cup final in my opinion. Just say we draw Copenhagen, the first leg is away from home. We go there scrape a 1-1 draw and get an away goal. Then this match at Fir Park turns into one of the biggest games in Motherwell's history in my opinion. Right up there with the several cup finals I've attended. If we can win that game at Fir Park(or even a 0-0 draw in the scenario I painted) we'd be through to the Champions League play off round, guaranteed a place in the group stages of at least one major UEFA competition & would net the club a cash windfall of at least a million pounds minimum(which is much needed now more than ever). This game could be huge, and you could see why they'd charge cup final prices.

Then again we could also be pumped 5-0 by Dynamo Kiev in the first leg and the club are asking you to pay £30 for a glorified pre-season friendly. I'm surprised they'd start selling tickets considering we don't know who we're facing or when we're facing them. However the most worrying aspect for me is the club are(in my opinion) doing this to try and desperatley raise some much needed income as quick as possible.

See this potentially could be as big as a cup final in my opinion. Just say we draw Copenhagen, the first leg is away from home. We go there scrape a 1-1 draw and get an away goal. Then this match at Fir Park turns into one of the biggest games in Motherwell's history in my opinion. Right up there with the several cup finals I've attended. If we can win that game at Fir Park(or even a 0-0 draw in the scenario I painted) we'd be through to the Champions League play off round, guaranteed a place in the group stages of at least one major UEFA competition & would net the club a cash windfall of at least a million pounds minimum(which is much needed now more than ever). This game could be huge, and you could see why they'd charge cup final prices.

I seen somewhere that the prize for getting into the play off is 2 million! Thats not even considering the money from europa group stages. So aye, it is POTENTIALLY our biggest ever game just on the cash prize alone.

That's the info now eventually on the official site.

Can't help but raise my eyebrows at this.

Either the club knew the plan was to sell tickets on Tuesday morning and didn't bother telling us until Tuesday evening for some bizarre reason, or it was only decided to do so in the last 24 hours...

I know with the Derek Weir statement drawing suspicion and everything else, that there's no need to start wondering what's going on with everything the club does, but surely I'm not alone in being slightly intrigued?

I seen somewhere that the prize for getting into the play off is 2 million! Thats not even considering the money from europa group stages. So aye, it is POTENTIALLY our biggest ever game just on the cash prize alone.

doubt it, be the group stages before money like that is generated

every game is potentially our biggest game if it leads somewhere, including a cup game that leads to euro game that leads to .....

Why the need to sell the tickets so early?

Because we may only have eleven days to sell tickets which usually means getting a ticket at the ground (Remember UEFA make you take details of every fan you sell a ticket too) can be a very long process.

By extending the selling period, it will hopefully make for a much easier and less time-consuming process for fans wishing to buy tickets, as opposed to cramming everything into just under two weeks.

And if this was always the plan, why no attempt to tell us over the weekend, rather than leaving it looking like a hastily made decision?

Because tickets have to be "pre-approved" before you can put them on sale and we've just had that!

'Flow

• Like 1

That's the info now eventually on the official site.

Can't help but raise my eyebrows at this.

Either the club knew the plan was to sell tickets on Tuesday morning and didn't bother telling us until Tuesday evening for some bizarre reason, or it was only decided to do so in the last 24 hours...

I know with the Derek Weir statement drawing suspicion and everything else, that there's no need to start wondering what's going on with everything the club does, but surely I'm not alone in being slightly intrigued?

Because the person responsible for putting the information on the website, i.e. me, has been at an SPL commercial meeting all day and just recently got back to the office.

The approved tickets meant the girls in the office could sell to people coming in which they did.

There is nothing more 'sinister' in it than that I am afraid....

'Flow

Because tickets have to be "pre-approved" before you can put them on sale and we've just had that!

Couldn't the club have said that, assuming approval was given, tickets would be on sale today?

I'm not having a go, I guess I'm just a little thrown by the fact I learned our tickets are already on sale (and have been since this morning) only because someone on here went into get a Rapid Bucharest ticket.

Pleased to see there are concessions though, from the chat on here I thought we were looking at simply £30 or £15!

I'll not be shelling out for the extras, I would usually buy tickets for the big games. I'll let them know the prices and they can choose for themselves

more expensive than a cup final, deary me :huh:

just wondering if all season ticket seats will be getting reserved until the date of the game is known? 20th July

even though the general sale is form the 7th July

as it does say only people who are available to attend on all 4 potential dates so purchase before the draw

Couldn't the club have said that, assuming approval was given, tickets would be on sale today?

I'm not having a go, I guess I'm just a little thrown by the fact I learned our tickets are already on sale (and have been since this morning) only because someone on here went into get a Rapid Bucharest ticket.

Pleased to see there are concessions though, from the chat on here I thought we were looking at simply £30 or £15!

With all the pish that's going on I'd just put it down to the club having about 3209 things to deal with at once. We don't have a huge backroom staff and the fact that it's only just gone up means someone is probably working past the usual finishing time to get the news out.

Because the person responsible for putting the information on the website, i.e. me, has been at an SPL commercial meeting all day and just recently got back to the office.

The approved tickets meant the girls in the office could sell to people coming in which they did.

There is nothing more 'sinister' in it than that I am afraid....

'Flow

good job you weren't in Portugal EvenFlow, we'd never know about anything

With all the pish that's going on I'd just put it down to the club having about 3209 things to deal with at once. We don't have a huge backroom staff and the fact that it's only just gone up means someone is probably working past the usual finishing time to get the news out.

Yeah, I don't actually doubt that. I guess with everything going on, it's just easy to start wondering a bit when things don't go as you'd expect... :whistling:

just wondering if all season ticket seats will be getting reserved until the date of the game is known? 20th July

This is a pretty important question IMO.

There's a group of us, some with season tickets and some without - ideally we'd like to get our season ticket seats with a couple of the tickets alongside which might only be possible is season ticket seats are still reserved during the public sale for a certain amount of time.