Champions League Simplified

B.K.

He says, we don't do anything daft like lifting our kilts or defacing their currency and we will be fine. However, when I showed him our Club colours he did laugh and shouted "No way ---- Galatasarasay" . .................. the folks on the Fenerbache side of the city will think we are taking the piss.

no kilts or club colours then.

your turk was a wise man.

• Like 1

1341508035[/url]' post='348926']

I'm sure if you speak to the club they would accomidate you, no?

If not push their hand and tell them it will be 12 season tickets not being renewed if yous are not treated with the respect you'd like. It is underhand, but, it'll force them to do their upmost to look after you.

Intend to go down and speak to them in morning,tickets already renewed so can't use that as a bargaining tool unfortunately ,hopefully we can sort something out.

There is hee haw wrong with wearing Football colours and kilts.

There is hee haw wrong with not wearing any colours or kilts.

It's a personal choice. Personally I don't wear a kilt but I wear Well colours. I like when I see a square or a pub abroad and it's full of Well colours. Each to their own and all that.

I'm sure if you speak to the club they would accomidate you, no?

If not push their hand and tell them it will be 12 season tickets not being renewed if yous are not treated with the respect you'd like. It is underhand, but, it'll force them to do their upmost to look after you.

Don't take up poker.

Twelve of us sit together,all season tkt holders,2youngest aged 10 and 12 go on holiday on Aug 1st therefore can only go to game if it's Tue 31st July,as others have said not too much to ask to hold seats until at least the date of the home game is known.

Dexter,

I am sure the club will help you out if you phone up and explain the situation. We are happy to do these things, you just need to ask ya know...

Give the girls in the office a phone and they'll hold them until you have a greater idea of what your plans are.

Cheers,

Flow

1341577889[/url]' post='349024']

Dexter,

I am sure the club will help you out if you phone up and explain the situation. We are happy to do these things, you just need to ask ya know...

Give the girls in the office a phone and they'll hold them until you have a greater idea of what your plans are.

Cheers,

Flow

Cheers Flow,bought tickets early this Morning and gambled on the game being Tue 31st at home,so keeping fingers crossed ,if not then I have 2 spare Juv tkts for the game .

Noticed on the website that the David cooper stand was getting a uefa inspection on the 4th anyone know if it took place and if it past assumed it would but u never know?

Can u phone up and book tickets dad is going to do it so we can all sit together and he "doesn't" want all this PayPal rubbish lol

This thread is madness.

Obviously the club want to sell as many tickets as possible just now because:

a) If we're at home first, you've got a few girls in the office working behind a six foot long desk trying to serve us all, then everyone would be on here complaining about the queue. And you'd have ST holders and 'Well Society members grumbling that they didn't get preferential treatment.

b) If we're away first and the tickets didn't go on sale until after the draw, some 'floating voters' would wait until after the first game before deciding whether or not to buy. Losing 8-0 in Kiev would put a fair old dent in the coffers.

On the subject of the physical ticket not having the name of the opponent on it:

a) I remember no such grumblings about the CIS Cup Final in 2005 where, if I'm not mistaken, the opponent is listed as 'Dunfermline or Rangers'.

b) Buy a programme.

Maybe it's just me, but given that we were in administration not so long ago and we're only a small club from a town consumed with recession and in the shadow of the Old Firm, I would walk to the surface of the moon at any cost to watch Motherwell play in the Champions League even if I didn't know the opposition until I got there. Stop bloody moaning and count your blessings. Years from now, this period will be known as 'the good old days' and we should all enjoy them while they last.

• Like 2

This thread is madness.

a) If we're at home first, you've got a few girls in the office working behind a six foot long desk trying to serve us all, then everyone would be on here complaining about the queue. And you'd have ST holders and 'Well Society members grumbling that they didn't get preferential treatment.

b) If we're away first and the tickets didn't go on sale until after the draw, some 'floating voters' would wait until after the first game before deciding whether or not to buy. Losing 8-0 in Kiev would put a fair old dent in the coffers.

On the subject of the physical ticket not having the name of the opponent on it:

a) I remember no such grumblings about the CIS Cup Final in 2005 where, if I'm not mistaken, the opponent is listed as 'Dunfermline or Rangers'.

b) Buy a programme.

Maybe it's just me, but given that we were in administration not so long ago and we're only a small club from a town consumed with recession and in the shadow of the Old Firm, I would walk to the surface of the moon at any cost to watch Motherwell play in the Champions League even if I didn't know the opposition until I got there. Stop bloody moaning and count your blessings. Years from now, this period will be known as 'the good old days' and we should all enjoy them while they last.

Well said mate...........:pleasantry:

• Like 1

Exactly. I was laughing at this the other day. It seems like only yesterday we were worried that Malpas was going to get us relegated. Now people are moaning about team names not being on our Champions League tickets!

If it wasn't Motherwell, you wouldn't believe it...

This thread is madness.

b) Buy a programme.

mine says Rangers vs Motherwell :)

but other than that, well saidthumbup.gif

If the club get everything right then people on here are going to moan about having nothing to moan about.

Don't worry, the first game is only on Monday - once the football starts, there'll be the usual need to pick out one or two players for unnecessary abuse.

I have a wee box of tickets at the side of my bed but they don't go back far enough for the 2005 final and I can't be bothered going up the loft so I'll just concede defeat on that one.

Let's pretend I made that point about the 2011 SC semi where my ticket definitely says "Dundee Utd or Motherwell v St Johnstone". I know not strictly the same because as 'Well fans we'll know it was us playing in the match but my point was that's it's not an unknown step to print tickets before both teams are identified.