Champions League Simplified

B.K.

No I want Athens cos I can only fit in the game or a family holiday otherwise. Not sure of logistics in Greece mind you but am hoping I could combine the two and travel into Athens from a resort on the day of the game. Turkey would be a bit of a trek I believe cos any resorts are a good bit away from Istanbul.

Any help welcome btw if anyone knows the logistics of such an attempt.

Most of the holiday destinations are on the Greek islands I think, although I'd imagine theyre well connected by boats and planes.

Thesalonika is on the mainland, we stayed there when Scotland played Macedonia, but you can't fly from Glasgow, and it's miles away from Athens.

I've been told Mykonos is nice (I think it might be a gay place???), and looks close to Athens by boat??

So the games will take place on 31 July /1 August 2012 and 7/8 August. When will they decide if it will be the Tuesday or the Wednesday of either week? Will this be confirmed on Friday as well?

Obviously this has implications when booking flights etc.

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Yes it should be.

Team comes out of the bowl first = home first leg.

Date will depend on Celtic though, as if we are both at home in the same leg they will have first choice I believe.

Depends on Celtic if we're drawn at home on the same leg. Going by previous seasons, and sadly there is not much to go on due to it being both sides of the Old Firm usually and that is automatic, if we're on the Tuesday in the first leg, we'll be on the Wednesday in the second.

If I am correct Celtic are drawn at home to x and we're drawn at home to y. Celtic will decide when to play then we get the other day. We will find out on Friday though as there is no team that Celtic can get that will intervere with the teams we play (as in they cannot play a Danish, Greek, Ukrainian or Turkish side).

http://www.uefa.com/...id=1840966.html

Not sure

if this has been shared

'The draws for the third qualifying rounds of the 2012/13 UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League will take place on Friday 20 July. The pairings for this stage of the two club competitions will be made during ceremonies to be held at UEFA Headquarters in Nyon, starting at 12.00 and 13.30CET respectively'

So reads like CL draw is first,1200CET ie 11am our time

Hi folks, compiled a wee rundown of our potential opponents in my blog to get in the mood for tomorrow. You can find it here if anyone's interested - http://theburstbawfo....wordpress.com/

Cheers!

Good stuff and maybe grounds for optimism - both Turks and Greeks still to start their season, Panathinaikos knocked out by Odense last year :whistling:

Naebody bothered about this draw today then?

In recent year this draw would have had this place buzzin'

Correct, normally swamped with pages and pages of predictions.

For me, my feeling is we will be on board a plane to Istanbul in about a fortnight.

Just gotta hope that once the draw has been completed and the dates finalised then like Nancy/Bucharest etc then the place is filled with suggestions/routes/prices etc. Was always very helpful in the past seeing the common route for us to get there, and between us finding the cheapest route/hotels possible on offer.

Balls containing the seeded clubs will be placed in one bowl, with balls of the unseeded clubs placed in another. A ball will be taken from each bowl and placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, where they will be shuffled. The first team drawn will play its first match at home, against the second team drawn.